Queen Máxima Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
219px-Coat_of_Arms_of_Maxima%2C_Queen_of_the_Netherlands.svg.png

Arms of Queen Máxima of the Netherlands

Welcome to Queen Máxima Jewels Thread, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I read on a website that Queen Maxima, since her engagement, has been seen wearing over 300 pairs of earrings or combinations of tops and drops of earrings.

I read on a website that Queen Maxima, since her engagement, has been seen wearing over 300 pairs of earrings or combinations of tops and drops of earrings.

That is entirely possible. The Dutch collection of jewellery is large. A lot of the jewels are also very flexible and can be changed around a lot to suit the purpose, all of which add to any potential count of combination of earrings Max may have worn. She has also acquired a fair amount of jewellery herself. Add to that the large collection of bijoux jewellery that Max wears, and you can see how the number of 300 is not entirely unreasonable.

Last edited:
Could the brooch be a gift from a Royal Family other then hers?

Queen Maxima's jewelry is simply stunning tonight.

Too big tiara and too much jewelry for queen Maxima, she wasn't the main person this evening.

Too big tiara and too much jewelry for queen Maxima, she wasn't the main person this evening.

I agree, Max should have been wearing somewhat lower profile jewels for the evening.

If the guests were required to wear a smaller tiara than Princess IA, I imagine many more could have used smaller tiaras. Including the princesses of Sweden, greece, Belgium and her own grand mother.

The parure is magnificent and I am happy to finally see the two pieces together.

If the guests were required to wear a smaller tiara than Princess IA, I imagine many more could have used smaller tiaras. Including the princesses of Sweden, greece, Belgium and her own grand mother.

The parure is magnificent and I am happy to finally see the two pieces together.

They were not required, but may have done it for the birthday girl. Maxima has exaggerated, not even at a coronation you’d wear that much stuff.
Anyway I think Maxima should shorten the necklace, it’s way too messy and asymmetrical now.

They were not required, but may have done it for the birthday girl. Maxima has exaggerated, not even at a coronation you’d wear that much stuff.
Anyway I think Maxima should shorten the necklace, it’s way too messy and asymmetrical now.

Máxima has not exaggerated. She wore the diadem and the collier in reduced setting. And from the enormous diamond corsage-de-devant from this parure only a fraction was worn on her waistband. She could have worn the diamond bandeau, for an example, but still her diamond carat power would have been enormous. She simply has a huge collection and has no plans to shove it under the bed.

I love the Stuart Tiara and am glad we are seeing it more but a part of me does think such "big gun" tiaras should be kept for seldom use so they don't loose their impact. I agree a little about wearing this tiara for this event, a more modest tiara, thought not a requirement, would have been a nice touch especially as there are plenty of smaller she could use.

It is really interesting that for Event like birthdays or Wedding Gala bring sout almost full Parures (she has alwo worn the Mellerio ruby tiara with machting necklace in Luxemburg) but for State visits she goes rather strained back und most of the time wears only a tiara and brooch and when then a simple necklace.

But i have to say i prefer the combination worn yesterday much more like the one worn for the State Visit to Norway last year

I agree, Max should have been wearing somewhat lower profile jewels for the evening.

Nonsense,why on earth would she do that?The Scandinavian Monarchies know how to dazzle and guests can join in.And Maxima did,c´est tout.

It is really interesting that for Event like birthdays or Wedding Gala bring sout almost full Parures (she has alwo worn the Mellerio ruby tiara with machting necklace in Luxemburg) but for State visits she goes rather strained back und most of the time wears only a tiara and brooch and when then a simple necklace.

But i have to say i prefer the combination worn yesterday much more like the one worn for the State Visit to Norway last year

I must say the reasons that she wear full parures or big gun in events is to show that she respect the event and the one who is celebrated. While in state visit, she doesn't want to overshine her husband and the visitor.

Queen Máxima looking great in wore a necklace with 5 strings of pearls and the most amazing pearl and diamond clasp at the dinner for the economic mission from Denmark today. Might this clasp be a part of a brooch?

** Full view ** Upper part **

She was also wearing a pair of large diamond solitaire earrings, last worn on Friday in Oslo for I-A's 18th birthday gala. I think these earrings are the top part of the diamond pendant earrings.

Queen Máxima looking great in wore a necklace with 5 strings of pearls and the most amazing pearl and diamond clasp at the dinner for the economic mission from Denmark today. Might this clasp be a part of a brooch?

Isn't that necklace from the Family foundation? I believe Princess Margriet has also wornit for State Banquets together with the pearl button tiara.

Isn't that necklace from the Family foundation? I believe Princess Margriet has also wornit for State Banquets together with the pearl button tiara.

That may well be the case, I do not recognise it.

Any which way, it is good to see Maxima wear pearls, and hope she helps bring pearls back into fashion. There are all the young Queens and Princesses who are rarely seen in pearls, when they have the most amazing pearls sitting in their vaults.

It is an element alike this one from Queen Anna Pavlovna of the Netherlands born Grand-Duchess of Russia (1795-1865) used as a clasp. Here Anna seems to wear it as a corsage: https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binar...ngin-maxima-tentoonstelling-anna-paulowna.jpg

But most likely the clasp is from Anna Pavlovna's daughter-in-law (and niece) Queen Sophie of the Netherlands born Princess of Württemberg (1818-1877) who possibly received it from her mother (Anna's sister) Catharina Pavlovna.

Last edited:
A really gorgeous pearl necklace and a beautiful clasp.

She was also wearing a pair of large diamond solitaire earrings, last worn on Friday in Oslo for I-A's 18th birthday gala. I think these earrings are the top part of the diamond pendant earrings.

The pearl necklace is very stunning.

This evening, on June 20, 2022, Queen Maxima wore a truly regal necklace in The Hague.

Back
Top Bottom