Queen Máxima Jewels 1: 2013 - 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I so love the Dutch fire opal set....and that hairstyle is stunning!!

I really loved Maxima's wedding jewelry. Her tiara, earrings, and bracelet were very beautiful. Here is a photo of her stunning wedding earrings:

Pic

Her bracelet is very stunning as well. It hard for me to find a good photo of it, but you can see a great close up of it in this video at 12:51.

I agree, the fire opals jewellery looks wonderful. Maxima does put it to good use.

Those fire opals are my favorite of all of her jewelry. Now if she had a tiara to match, I would be so excited!

Those fire opals are my favorite of all of her jewelry. Now if she had a tiara to match, I would be so excited!
Just three good sized fired opals would be enough to insert them into Queen Emma's Diamond Tiara. (We know that the central stones are exchangeable, they have been replaced by rubies a couple of times.) Imo, the floral motive of the tiara would work nicely with the bright oranges of fire opals.

Ohhh, that sounds amazing. Any creative people here with photoshop?

Ohhh, that sounds amazing. Any creative people here with photoshop?

Unfortunately, I am not good at Photoshop or I would have already done that. ;)

Perhaps someone here is familiar, and can give us an idea of what the tiara and fire opals would look like.

I posted a request at the photoshop-thread, hopefully someone can help us out. :)

I just looked at the two photoshops Her_Majesty posted at the other thread and I am delighted. The orange stones work great for that tiara. The exchangeable coloured stones would be a simple, quick and cost efficiant way to add more options to their tiaras. Maxima could also try amethysts, another coloured stone which does not yet feature in her tiara collection.

On the other hand I must confess, that I'm not so convinced by the stars on top of the tiara. Yes, it is the historic version of the tiara, but the proportions are just strange. It is quite understandable, that this version hasn't been worn for decades

Last edited:
Maxima wore a brooch that I've never seen before today.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4395/9do9.jpg

...and another brooch and her lovely pearl, bracelet and black pearl & diamond earrings the next day.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/7528/jksi.jpg

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5140/dfq6.jpg

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/3746/tq97.jpg

Are these new or new to Maxima brooches? I've never seen them before and I don't seem them on
Dutchroyaljewels.nl

There is more,much more,then there is to be seen on Dutchroyaljewels.

And some old new light on the Mellerio jewelry of the RF,which isn't all Mellerio at all.Erik Schoonhoven,jewelry expert on the collection of the Dutch RF plus a link to a fabulous new book:

Mellerio: new findings on Dutch royal jewels » The personal website of Erik Schoonhoven

:flowers:

There is more,much more,then there is to be seen on Dutchroyaljewels.

And some old new light on the Mellerio jewelry of the RF,which isn't all Mellerio at all.Erik Schoonhoven,jewelry expert on the collection of the Dutch RF plus a link to a fabulous new book:

Mellerio: new findings on Dutch royal jewels » The personal website of Erik Schoonhoven

:flowers:

Thant you so much:flowers:! There's so much to learn about the Dutch royal jewels. Now, with Queen Maxima, we are likely so see a wider array of jewels; and many we've never seen.

I'd love to get a copy of that book.

Well, I have to admit, having Mabel wear the supposed smaller diamond tiara setting of the Mellerio Sapphire tiara the evening before the Inauguration seemed to be pushing it a little for Maxima's grand debut as Queen Consort. An awful lot could go wrong (let's never forget the Princess Elizabeth's Fringe tiara snapped when they were trying to get her dressed for her wedding!) But what do I know, these things could snap together as easily as Lego! But somehow I didn't think it was quite such a snap. Now we know it didn't because it wasn't!

But as for a purchase of 20 pieces . . . well, I would love to know what else was included in that insignificant number 20.

That Vincent Meylan didn't find any files about the Sapphire tiara doesn't mean that the tiara wasn't made by Mellerio, the files could simply be lost. The Dutch court jeweller only recently referred to the tiara as being made by Mellerio. I believe it is clear that the tiara was designed by Oscar Massin.

The sunray tiara as worn by Mabel does use diamonds of the sapphire tiara. The top diamonds were originally brown diamonds - as mr Meylan discovered, but now seem to be replaced by the diamonds from the sapphire tiara.

Last edited:
Not Mellerio

Every single sale by Mellerio to any customer has been kept meticulously in their records. Their records show only sales in 1882 (3 minor pieces) and in 1888 in April, the 22 pieces, one of which are ruby and diamond earrings, which later were added to the grand ruby parure, the Christmas gift of the King to Emma in December that year. That is all.

Furthermore: the book by Rene Brus - Juwelen van het Huis Oranje-Nassau, published in 1996 (!) already very clearly proves the attribution to Mellerio was rather unlikely. It is probable a Dutch jeweller made these jewels. Even more so, none of the sapphire jewels were bought at Mellerio.

As far as the design by Massin is concerned: the original design was made in 1867. In 1881 it was already publicly available probably for over a decade.

Best,
Erik Schoonhoven

Last edited:
Wow, I didn't look close enough to see the pearl brooch. I have never seen it before....Love it and hope that John (dutchroyaljewels) gets some info for us. The gold feather I think I read was a wedding gift to Maxima and she has worn it often although not lately.

Here is a great photo of the Mellerio Sapphire Tiara I have never seen before:

Pic

Here is a great photo of the Mellerio Sapphire Tiara I have never seen before: Pic

Stunning!

I can see how this is dismantled, as it is so hard to imagine where all jewels really come together when they are worn and swallowed by hair!

Those sapphires are so luscious and go with the dress perfectly. I think she also has a tutti-fruity necklace as well that she hasn't worn in awhile.

I cant wait till she pulls that necklace out again....its one of my favorite designs of the Art Deco period. I think hers is modern though.

Thanks, Dbarn. That's such an unusual piece and certainly suits Maxima very well.

Phooey to the tomatoes; hope none of them hit that gorgeous brooch! :D

Don't worry, in the article it said none of the tomatoes actually hit their Majesties. It would have been difficult to pick out pieces of tomato in that brooch or earrings :lol:
I wish we had better pics of the jewels she wore on the Russian visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom