Queen Camilla Jewels 1: September 2022 - February 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice suprise and yes she does look sensational !

I said before I thought i would be left for Catherine but actually now I've seen Cams in it I'm fine with it. What I will say is I don't love it on Camilla as much as I did the late Queen. It seems to get rather lost in Camilla's hair (she is wearing further back and up than the Queen who wore i very straight and flat)

What I do hope this means is now the tiara most associated with the late Queen has been debuted its all up for wearing now so we'll see more pieces come out the vaults.

I hope that she continues to wear it, but I agree that the placement with the full hair is not the best. This might take a bit of time to work out.

The queen really knows how to wear Jewellery, the bigger the better.
I’m happy to see this tiara on her. I just thought we’d not see it in this reign.
Hoping the queen will now dust off some unworn/hidden jewels to surprise us

Wow wow what a surprise! She looks fantastic with the GGBI!

I don't like it on her, looked fabulous on the Queen.

OMG! That I wanted!!!

BOOM! She brought out one of the big guns! Looks fantastic on her!

I think Queen Camilla waited until the coronation and the first year anniversary of HLM QEII before debuting with the tiara.

I think it has been slightly modified to fit her. So happy to see she is wearing it

With all the excitement about a fresh tiara, it’s easy to overlook the debut of the South African necklace and bracelet. Looks good for future reveals.

With all the excitement about a fresh tiara, it’s easy to overlook the debut of the South African necklace and bracelet. Looks good for future reveals.

Indeed. Expect more treausres from the vault to emerge in time.

Glad she’s wearing this tiara! I was afraid it might be in the vault for a while

Yes wonderful to see a different tiara being worn and also one of my favourites too!

This was quite the surprise! I thought my eyes might be deceiving me. I am thrilled that the Queen Consort brought out this tiara. It is an all time favourite of mine. I don't think its Camilla's most successful tiara outing, she makes a rather substantial tiara look smaller and delicate, but it is lovely non the less. I can't wait to see more come out of the vaults.

I'm so glad it was not kept in the vault for Kate!
Camilla looks great in it and she wears it a bit different, so there is not the 1:1 effect given.
I feel a bit more unsure about the necklace which should have been, imo, either kept in the vault or be left for granddaughters/greatgranddaughters/bloodrelatives. Or, the better, the Princess Royal should have inherited it.

I'm so glad it was not kept in the vault for Kate!
Camilla looks great in it and she wears it a bit different, so there is not the 1:1 effect given.
I feel a bit more unsure about the necklace which should have been, imo, either kept in the vault or be left for granddaughters/greatgranddaughters/bloodrelatives. Or, the better, the Princess Royal should have inherited it.
No. It should be in the family collection. If gifted to Anne or granddaughters, it will end up sold.

It might have been nice for Anne to wear it as a loan before going back to Catherine but tbh I don't see why it should bypass Camilla.

I think the Girls tiara looks better with dark hair though QC looked nice in it.

That's a double surprise! The fact that Camilla is wearing a tiara tonight is already surprising, but that she debuts the girls was truly unexpected. I must say that I really like it on her. It looks different on her because of the angle she's wearing it at, but this angle is her personal style, it probably works for her head shape and hairstyle. And well, she's the Queen now, she has the right, if not the duty, to wear the iconic heirloom jewels, and in her own style.

I expect her to debut more tiaras by and by, but probably not more than one per year, or so. I'm already looking forward to the next one!:D

I don't believe I am saying this, but you are right, it is easy to overlook the SA necklace and bracelet, having been blinded by the glory that is "The Girls", They are not insignificant and look wonderful on her. More importantly, we will be paying a lot more attention in future.
Indeed. Expect more treausres from the vault to emerge in time.
I am wondering what else is getting the royal jewellers once-over to ensure that claws and clasps are tight, and the sparkles are bright.

Yes wonderful tosee a different tiara being worn and also one of my favourites too!
Quite agree. Interestingly, it looks totally different on Camilla. More delicate somehow.

I can't cope with the fact she wore a tiara for a dinner at the Mansion House but not for Versailles! Guurl, I'd like to have a word...

Ps: She looks fantastic!
You have to blame the French for the dress code which was "Black Tie" which for us means "No Tiara's". Needless to say, the Dinner at Mansion House was "White Tie" which for we shallow jewel droolers means bling, lots and lots of "the real deal!
I’m just happy she’s wearing a tiara to an event other than a visiting Head of State banquet, Diplomatic Reception or State Opening of Parliament! It’s a bonus that she’s chosen one she hasn’t worn before.
It is possible that some occasions will be elevated to "White Tie", which is a big plus for us and also raises the profile of the host(s).

A nice suprise and yes she does look sensational !
It is a wonderful surprise and, not surprisingly, she does look amazing. Being greedy, I can only say 'more please'.

I am wondering what else is getting the royal jewellers once-over to ensure that claws and clasps are tight, and the sparkles are bright.

I am hoping rubies (Crown Ruby demi-parure and the Oriental Circlet), emeralds (GDV tiara with the Greville emerald necklace) and Turquoise (Persian Turquoise tiara, her own turquoise and diamond necklace).

Since it was white tie I wonder why she didn't wear her Garter sash.

This was a once in a reign reception at Mansion House - so in that sense it was a very important, significant event. I'm not surprised she wore a tiara for it. TBH I think Camilla is happy wearing tiaras, remember she wore one to the Duke and Duchess of Wellington's black-tie banquet at Apsley House to mark the 200th anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo. If she had an aversion to wearing them I'm sure, for black tie event especially, the royal command could have gone out she wasn't wearing one, instead she rocked up literally dripping in diamonds.

She doesn't have to wear the sash at every white tie event, it is entirely optional.

Decorations, orders, and tiara's are always optional - even with a white-tie dress code. In the Benelux countries, especially in the past, many woman never wore any orders or decorations at white-tie events.

Decorations, orders, and tiara's are always optional - even with a white-tie dress code. In the Benelux countries, especially in the past, many woman never wore any orders or decorations at white-tie events.

Exactly. Queen Fabiola never wore an Order. The only exception was some papal Order.

I was THRILLED to see Camilla in the Girls tiara. She looked FANTASTIC.

She didn't wear the German order's sash with this dress either, so I wonder if the embroidery makes it difficult to attach things. Or perhaps it's just too much visually with the high-contrast pattern.

Last edited:
I think visually it would be too much so I’m pleased that she chose not to wear the sash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom