Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 6: February 2009 - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A very nice repeated suit indeed... and an overall look completely ruined again by those shoes.
Platform, peep-toe, and so shiny it's blinding... the only thing that's missing are ankle straps.
It's such an eternal shame, really.

Whoever advises Letizia fashion-wise should be relegated to the Fashion Hall of Shame -
and I am amazed that Letizia doesn't realize this -
Queen Sofia and the Infantas radiate good taste -

Hall of Shame?? She's wearing a classic, simple outfit. Nothing loud or vulgar here.

It's not about this particular suit. It's the infamous shoes she insists on wearing!! They are totally awful, not at all feminine, garish, etc. Letizia used to be ever so smartly dressed, including wearing beautiful shoes and accesories, just about all the time. She rarely missed in those days. I long for the old days.... (and her beautiful shoes.)

I like this suit and I like her shoes today. Nothing wrong in her outfit excepting maybe the shirt under the jacket. I like her look today.

Hall of Shame?? She's wearing a classic, simple outfit. Nothing loud or vulgar here.

Hall of Shame for all of the fashion mistakes or misses which are becoming all too frequent. And I place the blame on whoever advises and/or does the shopping. The outfit is classic and simple, but it needs a punch of warm color or sparkley jewelry. She just looks blah. Letizia is not consistant in her look.
It is constantly hit or miss.
And this simple outfit is ruined by the biggest culprit of all: ugly, cheap- looking shoes.They look like they are made out of plastic.

That's exactly what I was trying to say, Pamk, but you were able to say it much more eloquently than I could. Well written post! Kudos to you...

Hall of Shame for all of the fashion mistakes or misses which are becoming all too frequent. And I place the blame on whoever advises and/or does the shopping. The outfit is classic and simple, but it needs a punch of warm color or sparkley jewelry. She just looks blah. Letizia is not consistant in her look.
It is constantly hit or miss.
And this simple outfit is ruined by the biggest culprit of all: ugly, cheap- looking shoes.They look like they are made out of plastic.

Couldn't agree more, another boring look for this boring princess, I suppose she looks passable only when she gets some fashion advise, otherwise she looks helpless:ermm: And... again those awful and tacky shoes...

That's exactly what I was trying to say, Pamk, but you were able to say it much more eloquently than I could. Well written post! Kudos to you...

Thank you!I feel like a broken record on this platform shoe subject ---
Will somebody please show this thread to Letizia and maybe all of our harping
will sink in?

I fear it will only sink in on an afternoon in ca. 2019...
...when Letizia is going to take a look at her photo album from ten years ago, only to break down sobbing in view of the shoe collection on her feet, followed by repeated cries of: "OMG what was I thinking...!?!"

I don't like the T-shirt or shoes, but overall I think she looked very good. The Dutch women today were looking a lot worse than her :lol:.

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/6186/ipa200903100133038thmbg.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/967/sw47z5.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/acpx0h.jpg
wonderful collection. she looked a million times better back in 2004 / 2005 than she does now. those were quality suits and letzia put some real effort into her appearance, hair, shoes, accessories. she went from very special to very ordinary, what a shame.

I disagree. I like 1, 6 and 8, the others are very typical Felipe Varela, jackets were almost identical. I prefer today's grey suit. Letizia had some nice suits in 2003/2004/2005, most of them are not on this list.

I loved that suit on Letizia!Soft grey combined with a little bit of golden and a golden clutch is really different and interesting.Well done!!

Some lovely skirt suits worn by Letizia :flowers:

Skirt Suits

source: Jamd

My favourite is number 1 (which she has never worn again :nonono:) and number 8
Number 3 would be my least favourite but generally i like them all - interesting most of these pictures have been taken during the early stages of her pregnancy with Leonor which might be a reason why they havent been seen since

I like todays dove grey suit - which i remember reading somewhere was designed by Lornez Caprille. It was smart and perfect for the occassion. Im not a huge fan of the shoes but if Letizia finds them comfortable that is fine - i think we have all exhausted the topic of her platform shoes

I just read that Felipe and Letizia will be in New York City on March 16 and 17.
I hope that Letizia leaves the ugly shoes at home and really pulls out some fabulous outfits for this visit.
The New York fashion press is well-known for its vicious attacks on fashion victims.
Remember how they raked Camilla over the coals on her first visit?

I disagree. I like 1, 6 and 8, the others are very typical Felipe Varela, jackets were almost identical. I prefer today's grey suit. Letizia had some nice suits in 2003/2004/2005, most of them are not on this list.

i think varela was a bit more inspired back then, probably because he wanted to land an exclusive deal (seems he succeeded here). then he tought ok i got this in the bag and became very ordinary, his standard dropped.

letizia herself went down a similar path, she used to put in a lot more effort into her wardrobe, hair, shoes, accessories like clutches etc. everything was well thought out what gave her a very polished and "princess-like" appreance. these days it's just ordinary stuff thrown together without a second thought.

I agree Duke of Marmalade, if you have a stylist things should of course be well thought out, if not its really part of your princess job IMO. Looking the part is the job or they can just use some celeb to go to these events. I know its not what is the most important thing but as Princess Diana used to say. ' It does matter how I look because the people are expecting a Princess' . Letizia looked very elegant today. Bravo!!

Oh my goodness. Now she's wearing shoes that glow in the dark?? Or perhaps they "light" the way for her so she doesn't stumble? Truely she is carrying this shoe "thing" just a tad too far, IMHO.

Oh my goodness. Now she's wearing shoes that glow in the dark?? Or perhaps they "light" the way for her so she doesn't stumble? Truely she is carrying this shoe "thing" just a tad too far, IMHO.

Are you serioues, glow in the dark shoes? :ermm:They are satin shoes, satin is a shiney fabric. I like the jacket, its quite flattering IMO.

Nice hair and makeup, nice jacket, lovely skirt. Imo, a nice and elegant outfit.
Too bad for the satin shoes!
This is not her worst pair of shoes, but IMO they look terrible with this outfit. Wrong colour above all!
Jamd
Jamd

both skirt & jacket are repeats, good outfit for the occasion

the shoes are hideous :yuk: they make the whole appearance look so cheap

Well,I prefer this kind of repeat rather that a brand new Zara outfit.She looks great!I guess you can never go wrong with a black suit like that.No comments about the shoes or the combination:black & dark blue.....Oh,my!

All the outfit is beautiful except the shoes :argh:
This is her worst pair of shoes, IMO. If they were black, at least, they would have a better match with the black suit but, that light blue :nonono: Absolutelly awful.
On the other hand, her make-up and hair look nice, as usual :flowers:

I like her outfit, her make-up is beautiful as usual. I just bored of her hair style. It's nice but same hair style every single day. It would be a nice change if she had tried something new. Of course these shoes ruin her overall look but she is too petite. She must be wearing those for look taller. I guess we should get use to them.:unsure:

I like her outfit & make-up. Her hair looks healthy. She looks very pretty.

I saw the new pictures and still think the skirt is black,although a different black shade compared to the jacket.Oh,God!!These shoes....I guess she should keep them:she can also drink her cocktails from them....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom