Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 6: February 2009 - April 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What an awful skirt :previous: Whatever you're wearing with such a skirt you're still gonna look like an old lady that just came back from the church :nonono: What was she thinking?

I LOVE her shoes in 2005 with the sheer black stockings!! Soo much more flatterering and feminine than those awful platforms she insists on wearing.
If she has to wear that skirt, I also prefer it with the jacket but I would like it even more if she chose Not to wear it again! :)

i love the skirt that she wore today - great to see something that was first used back in 2004

I agree with Udyusa,the shoes she wore in 2005 with this skirt were very beautiful!!

Nice skirt. But whole outfit reminds me schoolgirl's uniform.
I like shoes from 2005.

Yes , I agree. She is a natural beauty. :rolleyes: No need heavy make up, expensive clothes, she is as simple as beautiful!

Everyone took the words right out of my mouth - this outfit looks a like a schoolgirl's
uniform. The open neck shirt is waaaay too casual looking.
Letizia needs to wear some jewelry. A beautiful string of pearls or some colorful costume jewelry - a brooch on the jacket would give it some pizazz.
Some days, Letizia really looks like she just throws herself together with very little thought and/or imagination.

I couldn't agree with you more, pamk! I really don't understand why as she used to appear so well put together.

Some days, Letizia really looks like she just throws herself together with very little thought and/or imagination.

for example today. doing grocery shopping or attending an event representing the srf? hard to tell. the outfit looks something between very ordinary and cheap and does only stress how incredibly thin or frail letizia looks.

Picture details

26/2 solo event "clowns in hospitals", palma

Yes , I agree. She is a natural beauty. :rolleyes: No need heavy make up, expensive clothes, she is as simple as beautiful!

I'm a bit confused here. I agree that she was a dashing beauty when she met her prince, got engaged etc.
Today she is beautiful, too, even so that it seems to be a priority. But she's beautiful in a different, not-so-natural-looking way. I miss her old natural smile.

for example today. doing grocery shopping or attending an event representing the srf? hard to tell. the outfit looks something between very ordinary and cheap and does only stress how incredibly thin or frail letizia looks.

Picture details

26/2 solo event "clowns in hospitals", palma

You are right, Duke of Marmalade. The outfit is very ordinary; however, the scarf added a nice touch. Letizia seems to have a great scarf collection.

You are right, Duke of Marmalade. The outfit is very ordinary; however, the scarf added a nice touch. Letizia seems to have a great scarf collection.
This scarf is old. I don´t know how many times I´ve already see it. I agree, this outfit is ordinary, it isn´t appropriate for attending an event as princess. Although I must say she looks pretty despite her outfit.

Her clothes were very appropriate for visiting a hospital.

Is the ordinary street look enough for a hospital? For an audience? A royal remains a royal no matter where the event takes place or what it is about.

The late Queen Mother did not go in rags & tatters when visiting the victims of WW II bombing around London, neither does her daughter QE II when opening hospitals, and neither does Queen Rania when she attends one of her glitzy fundraising galas to raise money for the poor. I am glad to see that there are at least some royals around these days, even from the younger generation, who understand what "being royal" means in terms of outside impression. Letizia clearly doesn't.

Is the ordinary street look enough for a hospital? For an audience? A royal remains a royal no matter where the event takes place or what it is about.

The late Queen Mother did not go in rags & tatters when visiting the victims of WW II bombing around London, neither does her daughter QE II when opening hospitals, and neither does Queen Rania when she attends one of her glitzy fundraising galas to raise money for the poor. I am glad to see that there are at least some royals around these days, even from the younger generation, who understand what "being royal" means in terms of outside impression. Letizia clearly doesn't.

How can you compare visiting a hospital to a fundraising gala ? Gala is a gala, even for raising funds for the poors :cool:. Rania often dressed down while she was in Jordan visiting schools or hospitals.

http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-89371.jpg
http://petra.gov.jo/Temp/Images/Original/News-89378.jpg
http://www.petranews.gov.jo/nepras/2009/Feb/24/18103I.jpg

Sometimes Letizia dessed too casually for events recently (esp. the audiences), but her outfits today is appropriate for a hospital visit. Queen Mother or even the Queen would have never worn a casual sweater and a pair of wrinkleypants to any official event, but times have changed !

Letizia looks very beautiful and happy today!I liked the navy blue jacket and the earrings.And yes,the whole outfit isn't anything special.

:previous: my favourite is the yellow suit - the colour was perfect for spring and summer and the top was really pretty Jamd. She first wore it at the lunch with the Prime Minister a few days prior to their wedding, again in June 2004 at Juan Carlos's patron saints day and in the picture above in the early months of her pregnancy with Leonor

Except for the first pink suit,that looked funny,this collection is very beautiful :flowers: My top favourite is the yellow suit as well.I consider yellow a "difficult" colour to wear,but this one is gorgeous and Letizia was so young and fresh back then and supported it really well.Did you notice her baby face in those pictures(with the yellow suit)?She has changed a lot since then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom