Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another gas guzzler for the "environmental" prince??

It could be a nice car for Charleen?
And if not, I volunter myself to receive it :)

On February 23, Prince Albert has received Mrs. Dolana Msimang, Ambassador
Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of South Africa who presented
her letters of credence at the Princely Palace.

** Pic **

Coincidentally, the people of Wales voted for more independence from the UK Government on Thursday !

Nice of PA to to celebrate Dewi Sant (St. David) !!

Prince Albert II of Monaco touts Olympians, art in Naples.

NAPLES — Usually, when someone mentions having breakfast with a prince in Florida, Mickey and Minnie Mouse are involved.

But when you have breakfast with a prince in Naples, you get the real deal.

His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco was the honored guest at the Breakfast with the Olympians event Saturday at a private club in Port Royal. The prince, son of Academy Award-winning actress Grace Kelly, was a five-time Olympian in the bobsled and is a longtime supporter of the Olympics and the arts.
Naples News

Fort Myers News Press has more with photos Charlene apparently didn't attended the first two events.

Last edited:
Prince Albert made our front page today and they devoted three quarters to him. I found out from a friend people are taking info from the articles I posted out of context.

I saw him arrive dressed in shorts and a T-shirt for Painting With the Prince held in the park. Yesterday was a warm day in the sun and everyone else was casually dressed as expected. He was properly dressed to be splattered with paint and he did end up with paint on his clothes. I wouldn't expect to see him in a suit at such an event. He said this to the crowd.
“Could you, uh, move please?” the prince said and grinned at the surrounding crowd. The crowd laughed and backed out of the splash zone. “OK, ready?”Then he flung the discus at the canvas and — whack! — abstract art. Everybody applauded.
“He’s very pleasant,” Bauman said, his clothes covered with paint after taking part in the “Painting with the Prince” fundraiser. “Amazingly pleasant. And soft-spoken.
Actually, he was so soft-spoken he scared me a little.”
Albert was over booked. His people probably didn't take into account the length of time to travel from Fort Myers to Naples, for him to shower and change.
The prince didn’t do interviews with local media. He’d been scheduled for a news conference, but instead ended up taping a private “Today” show interview, talking about the museum. It’s scheduled to air today, said museum co-founder Cathy Oerter.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

LadyMac I've seen the video clip with a reporter and it doesn't bode well for how Albert handled the situation. Plus he was dressed in a beat up t-shirt and sweat shorts for this clip. It looked just awful. His PR team should be fired for screwing this up. He should have also apologized, answered a few questions, and then run off to his next appointment. That would have taken care of the whole thing. It's not that people are taking things out of context, they're taking it from the video clip.

LadyMac I've seen the video clip with a reporter and it doesn't bode well for how Albert handled the situation. Plus he was dressed in a beat up t-shirt and sweat shorts for this clip. It looked just awful. His PR team should be fired for screwing this up. He should have also apologized, answered a few questions, and then run off to his next appointment. That would have taken care of the whole thing. It's not that people are taking things out of context, they're taking it from the video clip.
I have an 8x5 photo of him and he looked fine in a pair of Nike shorts and T-shirt. I know your personal feelings about him and I'm sorry we disagree, everyone in this area liked him, no one has said one word negative about his visit.

Last edited:
I have an 8x5 photo of him and he looked fine in a pair of Nike shorts and T-shirt. I know your personal feelings about him and I'm sorry we disagree, everyone in this area liked him, no one has said one word negative about his visit.

Here's the clip: http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/Story.asp?S14194481

Your photo must be from one of the other events.

I think they may have taken it down. It can still be viewed on another forum which is where I saw it. But believe me he was in a beat up t-shirt.

It's not coming up here but you can still view it by googling nbc Prince Albert

Last edited:
Here's the clip: http://www.nbc-2.com/Global/Story.asp?S14194481

Your photo must be from one of the other events.

I think they may have taken it down. It can still be viewed on another forum which is where I saw it. But believe me he was in a beat up t-shirt.
We will have to agree to disagree on this his clothes looked fine when he arrived leaving he had paint on them. I also watched every video available.

Edited to add they also showed him on TV this morning.

Last edited:
I am not on the place to see Prince Albert, but Prince Albert was overbooked, the reports I see on him at this event said he had many events during this big events. Prince Albert is a man who is always very polit, I am not always agree with Ladymacalpine, but I read good comments on him during this day and she lived in this country for saying that it is true, perhaps the prince did not know that he had so events in a day and he could not answer to the questions, the team of Prince would have getting more informations about this big avents, I know also there are in USA forum which are very naughty with Prince Albert for example 'forum of this eringer)

We will have to agree to disagree on this his clothes looked fine when he arrived leaving he had paint on them. I also watched every video available.

Edited to add they also showed him on TV this morning.

LadyMac we can disagree on the clothes but what I found so surprising is his treatment of the press. Albert has always found time to make a short statement of some sort and while he not always comfortable with the press, he usually is accommodating. Running late is also usual for Albert so that wouldn't have caused him to brush them off. I've never seen him like that never. He was back on his charming game by the evening event and people looked pleased. I just don't know what got into him in the afternoon, but he was not a happy camper. It's highly unusual for him to be that way - especially at an event with kids.

We are monday to day and I thought that the presence of the Prince Albert at this event would have more publicity than there are actually, but we are in Europa and the photos I saw on the lokal newspapers will be perhaps published on the site of Photos agence in Europa further. When Charlene Wittstock attended at the breakfast in south Africa in a school or she made the swimming, we had very quickly photos of her.
For the conference, the prince Albert did not give. I saw the video, he was very pleased to be here, but to see a prince covred of painting is not very beautiful.I thought he did not want to answer the press because he did not know what questions there will be, and he knows that a report can answer in direct about Eringer, about his girlJazmin and he knows that the the american press is not very pleasant with Charlene, also he was pleased with the persons who were there, the kids ans so but not very kindle with the press . But I do not see what is the matter that the kids were there, the children went to see the prince but not to hear the prince talking with press

Albert is a "pro" handling press questions. As for Eringer all he had to say is he's not taking questions on that because he's here to promote the Olympic Museum. The other way to skirt questions is to simply apologize, issue a prepared statement about the event and how happy he is to be there, and then have his PR team step in to say they are sorry but the prince is running very late. The PR team did not to their job. JMO

I just have to add I have seen so many photos in various magazines over the years of Prince Albert "flipping the bird" to the press (if everyone understands my meaning?)! He otherwise seems so polite usually but when he gets frustrated there is not much subtlety to it! :lol:

We are monday to day and I thought that the presence of the Prince Albert at this event would have more publicity than there are actually, but we are in Europa and the photos I saw on the lokal newspapers will be perhaps published on the site of Photos agence in Europa further. When Charlene Wittstock attended at the breakfast in south Africa in a school or she made the swimming, we had very quickly photos of her.
For the conference, the prince Albert did not give. I saw the video, he was very pleased to be here, but to see a prince covred of painting is not very beautiful.I thought he did not want to answer the press because he did not know what questions there will be, and he knows that a report can answer in direct about Eringer, about his girlJazmin and he knows that the the american press is not very pleasant with Charlene, also he was pleased with the persons who were there, the kids ans so but not very kindle with the press . But I do not see what is the matter that the kids were there, the children went to see the prince but not to hear the prince talking with press
There was no real publicity for the events. I saw the piece on TV and Charlene was mentioned. The interviewer did make a nice comment about Charlene as the majority of the press do. The only place I see comments that aren't of a nice nature in the press have come from Europe not a lot of people know who Charlene is over here or Albert for that matter. People didn't know much about Albert before The World Music Awards began showing here, it was only his sisters making the tabloids. He said "sorry I have another appointment" to the press since he ran out of time. The press doesn't bother with Jazmin she is old news and the only people interested in her are Royal Watchers. I'll add photos shortly.

Painting with the Prince one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen,

Photos from the gala
two
Albert

Prince Albert of Monaco, left, talks with Olympic bobsledder Nicholas Frankl and Jacqueline Browne, right, during a reception at the Art of the Olympians Museum, on Saturday, March 5, 2011, in Fort Myers. two, three, four, five,

six Fort Myers Mayor Randy Henderson presents Prince Albert of Monaco a gift at the Art of the Olympians Museum, on Saturday, March 5, 2011, in Fort Myers. seven, eight again with mayor.

no names for this same group different group shot nine ten eleven twelve thirteen

Naples mayor Bill Barnett (center) welcomes Prince Albert ll of Monaco, right, during Breakfast of the Olympians at a Port Royal private club Saturday in Naples. Next to them is Elizabeth Ganzi. He spent the day in Southwest Florida to promote the grand opening of The Art of the Olympians museum along with more than 20 former two three five six seven

Prince Albert ll of Monaco, Katherine Harris and Liston Bochette, signing autographs,

Let me know if any of the links give you a problem

I thought I would pass this on. According to person at the Gala on Saturday "he (Prince Albert) is one of the nicest people I have ever meet. He walked up to people that worked at the Gala saying he appreciated all their work and thanked them". They raised over $350,000.00 just at the Gala and it was sold out. During it he walked around the room talking to everyone having photos taken etc. It appeared to be a success and everyone liked him. Since it was said in one report Charlene would be attending I would have to say her injury is what kept her from coming.

Thankyou, LadyMacAlpine for your report on the visit of the prince Albert, I think it is a nice event and if you are living in this town, I wish you having fun with this fest which goes on after the visit of the prince. The visit of the prince seemed to be a very quickly visit because he went home monday. It was not announced that Charlene would be with him.I do not think that it is the skying injure which kept her from coming because there are photos on her making sledge with the little cousin of Prince Albert.Point de vue said they arrived together the week end before the travel of Albert to Usa and she injured in falling.
In Monaco and in Nice , Prince Albert is described like a man which is very kind and polit a very nice person.

One of the articles I read did say she would be attending. Where did it say he left on Monday? I would be interesting in reading the article.

Olympians triumph in Fort Myers
Thank you to Prince Albert II of Monaco for coming to Southwest Florida and bringing attention to the region by celebrating the work of the Art of the Olympians.The Art of the Olympians is a treasure in the Fort Myers River District, showcasing the paintings, sculpture, photography and other artwork of Olympians.
Fort Myers News-Press

Facebook Art of the Olympians Grand Opening. In order to see the photos you need to have an account on Facebook and click like to view the wall. According to these photos Painting with the Prince was not in Centennial Park but beside the Museum.

Last edited by a moderator:
IT was said that it was a short visit to the USA in the monaco news on Monday, they spoke brievely of the arts of olympians but they show his visit to San Diego, he visited a special boat.

The royalcorrespondent blog spoke about his interview he gave at the 'To day show'

:sad:A terrible disaster for such a gorgeous country. However, the Japanese have at least proven themselves unmatched at bouncing-back from disaster. I'm sure Prince Albert has many friends there with many people, in the public and the Imperial Family, who share his concerns about the health of the earth's oceans. It seems like it was not so long ago the Prince (and Charlene) were in Japan. God bless them.

:monacoflag::japanflag: :heart: :monacoflag::japanflag:

Fort Myers News-Press

Facebook Art of the Olympians Grand Opening. In order to see the photos you need to have an account on Facebook and click like to view the wall. According to these photos Painting with the Prince was not in Centennial Park but beside the Museum.
I think that this museum is an awesome idea. But it doesn't have too many visitors. Hopefully PA visit would change it.

Edison Elementary student, 11, performs for Prince Albert II

I'm had the honor of hearing Cody sing.
OMG, it's so cool. :flowers: Thanks for posting this.

OMG, it's so cool. :flowers: Thanks for posting this.
You're welcome. I was wondering if anyone besides melina premiere was reading my posts on his visit here. There has been other small articles with his name mentioned but nothing that would be of real interest unless you care what type of car he used and who provided it for example. Oh and he played volleyball on that Sunday in the park on the river and he stayed in a Condo not far away. Basically the type of Hotels he is use to and can provide security the Secret Service would require is over an hour drive from the two events for the painting and Gala. That would be if there was no accidents and this is season and on a weekend travel times double and sometimes triple. Whoever planned his visit was thinking ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom