Prince Albert II of Monaco Current Events - Part 29: August 2010 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to travel when you have your own private jet.

IOC seeks clarification, Palace denies.

When googling info about prince Albert this is what's popping up:
The Chosun Ilbo (English Edition): Daily News from Korea - Albert of Monaco 'Took Bribes to Hand Olympics to Russia'

AFP: IOC seeks clarification from Monaco on Sochi claim

Royal Palace denies IOC breach by Prince Albert II

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/16/sports/olympics/16sportsbriefs-prince.html

Making long story short:
Prince Albert's former spy, Robert Eringer, is suing Monaco & Albert in US court over money he says prince did not pay him for services. Recently Eringer sent a letter to Inter. Olympic Committee (OIC) alleging that Russia bribed Albert so he as the OIC member would support Russian bid for winter Olympics in 2014. Russia won bid for Winter Olympics & 2014 Winter Olympics will be in Sochi. :books:
Couple facts: Prince Albert did receive a dacha from Russians; he went on trip with Putin, Russians helped organize his trip to North Pole in 2006. All this happened before Sochi was approved for Olympics.:neutral:

Last edited:
Palace denies all these allegations, for the datcha, Eringer said this without prooves.Before saying all these things, proove this or in France, we know this man, he is a fool who wants publiccity around him and his site. But on this forum, I thought that rumors or false allegations were not published

This one will run ...... and run..... and run... until Eringer gets tired of it - but when ??

As to TRF, we don't know who is right - Eringer or Albert - and it will take a long time before this matter is resolved. This forum only cites news items.

These are news site links, that's okay, melina premiere.

Prince Albert attended the inauguration of the Café Llorca Monaco at the
Grimaldi forum, yesterday, December 15, 2010. The view is fantastic (pic
3), only the interior looks a bit dark for a café (pic 4).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

I think this Eringer guy is a nutcase. PA could have just as easily gone to the North Pole through Alaska, Canada, the Scandanavian countries, Greenland or Iceland. The article also failed to mention that PA is countersuing Eringer in the California courts for slander.

I wonder what either of those two gentlemen are likely to get out of these protracted and expensive court proceedings.
My guess is that the christmas season is a good time to get publicity.

I'm surprised any media would take this guy seriously. He says Albert took bribes for the Olympics......okay, but he also says Albert has mob ties, terrorist ties, and on and on. He accuses the Prince of something every day, every accusation worse than the last. So, what news outlet would take the guy seriously at this point? He's slandered Prince Albert, his children, his lawyer and pretty much anyone who says one nice thing about the Prince. There have been, as probably everyone knows, lots of rumors and accusations about corruption in the IOC (and pretty much every other sports organization these days) but Eringer has, by his own efforts, ensured that he has 'zero' credibility, is clearly just a phony looking for money and attention and not to be taken seriously.

:monacostandard: :monacoflag:

The "Albert took bribes" scenario is particularly lacking in credibility - PA has got enough resources and does not need to accept bribes !!

Exactly so. What could anyone offer Prince Albert (in terms of that which money can buy) that he does not already have? I'm just rather at a loss that this accusation makes the news when Eringer is making accusations (even much worse ones) every single day. Besides which, a quick google search shows that the guy is a long-time member of the 'tin foil hat brigade' best known amongst the conspiracy theorist community, featured on small-time internet and radio talk shows that deal with the Masons, Illuminati, staged moon landings and the like.

Well, then it must be the publicity that Eringer craves. I guess he must be fairly certain that PA won't be in too much of a hurry to proceed with the action.
PA would not want the run-up to the wedding spoilt by irritating Eringer interruptions.

It seems we won't see Albert taking his cooling bath in the Mediterranean Sea this year.
I can't remember any pics from 2007, but in 2006 and 2008 he participated in the Christmas
bath, in 2009 even together with Pierre and Charlene. This year's edition (as always organized
to benefit the Thai Tatsa association for children victims of the 2004 tsunami) has taken
place yesterday, December 19, but no signs of Prince Albert on the following and other pics.

So this time no funny pics of Santa Albert ;)

** Pic **

This year, we have a weather very cold, it snowed a lot on the France until the coast of the sea. Yesterday, I visited my mother who lived on the coast and it was very cold,I thought that the christmas bath was canceled.

Well, obviously it has taken place, maybe Albert felt it was too cold for him..;)

On December 17, Prince Albert attended the traditional year-end cocktail
reception of Monaco's Yacht Club. Albert as President of the YCM, has
inducted new members and handed out the YCM Awards 2010.

** Pic **

Yacht Club de Monaco: Apart from giving out awards, PA also stressed in his speech the importance of the yachting industry for the Monegasque economy, finance and employment, mainly through boatbuilders and designers, principal brokers, prestigious brands, and yachting professionals.

He made reference to the developments at Port Hercule which could promote the expertise of Monaco in that field, and he expressed the wish for the Principality to affirm itself as the "Capitale du Yachting".

Does anyone know if there is a recording of the Prince's Christmas address on-line anywhere? Has he ever given the message on TV? Gracious, for a country trying to be so "hip" as Monaco they really ought to have their own YouTube channel. The British, Dutch & Norwegians do... I mean, for a Sovereign Prince so trendy and hi-tech it seems odd that his Christmas message is on the radio.

I think Albert does his address to the nation on new years. There was a clip of a prior year on You Tube,

PA's address goes out on Riviera Radio, on Christmas Day and New Years Day

Riviera Radio

There's a picture showing PA and the DJs.

Last edited:
Prince Albert of Monaco said about his weedding
ON july 1 and on july 2th, the population will accompany Charlène and me in the celebration of our marriage
And so will open in the shared enjoyement a new page of our story

Prince Albert of Monaco said about his weedding
ON july 1 and on july 2th, the population will accompany Charlène and me in the celebration of our marriage
And so will open in the shared enjoyement a new page of our story

What a sensitive statement. He obviously has some depth or a good speechwriter.

Yesterday, January 11, Prince Albert received the President of the Republic of
Slovenia Mr. Danilo Turk at the Princely Palace in Monaco. Albert had visited
Slovenia in 2006 and had met Mr. Danilo Turk in November 2009 during the
Forum Peace and Sport.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On January 13 and 14 Prince Albert will make an official visit to Lebanon.

Yesterday late afternoon Prince Albert arrived for his mentioned visit in Lebanon:

Lebanon's Minister of Information Tareq Mitri speaks to Prince Albert II of Monaco
after his arrival at Beirut international airport, January 12, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Day 1

Prince Albert II of Monaco and Lebanon's Defense Minister Elias al-Murr review a Lebanese
military honour guard before laying a wreath at Beirut's Martyr's Square, January 13, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife ** gallery **

Last edited:

Day 2

On the second day of his visit to Lebanon, January 14, Prince Albert met with Lebanon's
Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri and Lebanon's Christian Maronite Patriarch Cardinal Mar
Nasrallah Boutros Sfeir.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** daylife gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom