Ingrid Alexandra's Baptism

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Fireweaver@Apr 17th, 2004 - 12:51 pm
The two little girls (Maud Angelica and Ingrid Alexsandra) are going to be the heartbreakers of the next generation of royals/almost royals.
I'm not a member of the "it's to soon to tell" club when it comes to children, but when it comes to babies I believe it is to soon to tell if they'll be beautiful or not. The best that we can see is if they look like such or such person in the family, but yet, people that resemble each other don't necessairelly have similar levels of beauty. Just my opinion though.

I was going by how cute they are as babies. If they stay as pretty/cute as they are now, then they will be attractive ladies (imo).

thank you for posting the speahes

I saw some parts of the Baptism somewhere and there was a woman that sang a psalm i think what psalm was that i where can i find the lyrics to it... the psalm was about a child/children...

Originally posted by Lena@Apr 17th, 2004 - 11:47 am
According to german TV Haakon was asked of a reporter, if he would be disappointed about the absence of Frederik and Felipe. And then he should have answered (according to them a little bit sulky) "I don´t know...THEY wanted to become godfathers"...has anybody else heard that?!
Well, he was asked if he was disappointed that they weren't there. But he replied, with a smile, that they were honoured that they (Felipe & Frederik) had agreed to be sponsors.

No sulking. Haakon's more professional than that. Don't believe everything from the German newspapers/magazines/television.

Originally posted by norwegianne+Apr 19th, 2004 - 8:43 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (norwegianne @ Apr 19th, 2004 - 8:43 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Apr 17th, 2004 - 11:47 am
According to german TV Haakon was asked of a reporter, if he would be disappointed about the absence of Frederik and Felipe. And then he should have answered (according to them a little bit sulky)  "I don´t know...THEY wanted to become godfathers"...has anybody else heard that?!
Well, he was asked if he was disappointed that they weren't there. But he replied, with a smile, that they were honoured that they (Felipe & Frederik) had agreed to be sponsors.

No sulking. Haakon's more professional than that. Don't believe everything from the German newspapers/magazines/television. [/b][/quote]
hear hear

Thanks for that link. I give them all so much credit for accepting Marius.

Originally posted by Josefine@Apr 19th, 2004 - 7:23 am

I saw some parts of the Baptism somewhere and there was a woman that sang a psalm i think what psalm was that i where can i find the lyrics to it... the psalm was about a child/children...
Maria Solheim sang the psalm: Jeg er i herrens hender. I don't know where you can find the lyrics, I couldn't find it by a quick search, but maybe you're more successful?

Mette Marit looked absolutetly gorgeous at the christening...It's been my opinion that she's looked a bit sloppy lately, but she didn't Saturday...
Her make-up was gorgeous!

Originally posted by norwegianne+Apr 19th, 2004 - 6:01 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (norwegianne @ Apr 19th, 2004 - 6:01 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Josefine@Apr 19th, 2004 - 7:23 am

I saw some parts of the Baptism somewhere and there was a woman that sang a psalm i think what psalm was that i where can i find the lyrics to it...  the psalm was about  a child/children...
Maria Solheim sang the psalm: Jeg er i herrens hender. I don't know where you can find the lyrics, I couldn't find it by a quick search, but maybe you're more successful? [/b][/quote]
thank you I will try to find it...

thanks for the pics karolinabraganza!
the second one is really cute...

although i don't like her, she is a really nice mum... what a sweet pic :heart:

there is also a nearly complete video which is nice to watch. you just have to register which gives you immediate access.

Oh if I could get my hands on Mette Marit. She almost has it fashion wise, but ends up looking terrible. She is very beautiful, but chooses the entirely wrong thing to wear. The suit fitted her badly and made her look big, and that hat. It looks awful. She is so pretty, but it almost seems like she makes an effort to look bad! And yes, Pia should have worn a jacket. The Queen looked wonderful! Victoria looked okay, but the flower in the hair didn't match the jacket.

Sorry i'm not into social circul from Norway, so could anyone can tell me who is that Pia with bad taste? she looks like the Paris Hilton... maybe she is the scandinavian version of her!!

Originally posted by La Chen@Apr 19th, 2004 - 6:07 pm
Sorry i'm not into social circul from Norway, so could anyone can tell me who is that Pia with bad taste? she looks like the Paris Hilton... maybe she is the scandinavian version of her!!
Pia is Queen Sonja's niece. Unfortunately, Ms. Haraldsen did not inherit her aunt's good taste.

I don't recall her always dressing like this? Starved for attention, maybe?

Originally posted by norwegianne+Apr 19th, 2004 - 2:43 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (norwegianne @ Apr 19th, 2004 - 2:43 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Lena@Apr 17th, 2004 - 11:47 am
According to german TV Haakon was asked of a reporter, if he would be disappointed about the absence of Frederik and Felipe. And then he should have answered (according to them a little bit sulky)  "I don´t know...THEY wanted to become godfathers"...has anybody else heard that?!

No sulking. Haakon's more professional than that. Don't believe everything from the German newspapers/magazines/television. [/b][/quote]
Of course I don´t believe everything, what tabloids/magazines/TV-programmes (german or not) claim...that´s why I´ve asked! But thank you for your explanation...
BTW me in his position would have been sulky ;)

Originally posted by Fashionista100@Apr 19th, 2004 - 2:47 pm
Oh if I could get my hands on Mette Marit. She almost has it fashion wise, but ends up looking terrible. She is very beautiful, but chooses the entirely wrong thing to wear. The suit fitted her badly and made her look big, and that hat. It looks awful. She is so pretty, but it almost seems like she makes an effort to look bad! And yes, Pia should have worn a jacket. The Queen looked wonderful! Victoria looked okay, but the flower in the hair didn't match the jacket.
please dont forget that the woman is nursing and i dont think she looked big for that matter. i think overall she lost weight quite quickly, obviously taking into account that she has gained consistantly since her marriage, she will probably never be as thin as back then.
i think its good that she nurses, of which i am quite sure, looking at her figure, and whish maxima would do tha same. i draw my conclusions from the fact that maxima was seeing smoking and has indeed got quite a small bust again.

Actually I don't think Pia Haraldsen's outfit was *that* bad. I've seen worse to christenings... and she *did* wear a shawl over her shoulders in the church. So no bare shoulders in the church.

Originally posted by Fashionista100@Apr 19th, 2004 - 2:47 pm
If I could get my hands on her, I'd say keep doing what you're doing and don't ever let anyone talk you into going overboard. The particular style of hat that she wore, I don't care for on anyone. But, it really didn't look awful on her and I think she likes that type of hat. This is the second that she has worn. The dress and jacket looked nice on her. I can't complain. She just had a baby. I would think that she would want her dress to be loose in certain places rather than skin tight in order to hide a few post pregnancy bulges, here and there.

I think that Pia did wear a jacket inside of the church, but she still looked out of place to me.

I didn't mean Mette Marit was fat, I meant the jacket mad her look fat. She is obviously very slim by looking at her face. It's the cut of the jacket not her weight which I was refering to. I would have been better if it was fitted and single breasted with maybe one button at the waist.

Mette-Marit also wore a similair hat to Maud Angelica's Christening, but it was not as fancy as this one. I usually love her fashion style, but not this one.

i didn't like that hat... i prefer the one she wore for maud's christening. and i also would have chosen another type of look.. not a similar hat as the one in the other christening, just my opinion... she looked quite fat, but it's understandable...

talking about pia... does anyone have more pics? i would like to see what kind of outfits have she weared in special places and situations. i've only seen this one and the one she wore for maud's christening... definetely, that one was preferable to that pink dress!! at least, more suitable...

Originally posted by carlota@Apr 20th, 2004 - 9:51 pm
i didn't like that hat... i prefer the one she wore for maud's christening. and i also would have chosen another type of look.. not a similar hat as the one in the other christening, just my opinion... she looked quite fat, but it's understandable...

talking about pia... does anyone have more pics? i would like to see what kind of outfits have she weared in special places and situations. i've only seen this one and the one she wore for maud's christening... definetely, that one was preferable to that pink dress!! at least, more suitable...
you can find pictures of her at the wedding threads
crown prince wedding and the princess wedding in Norway

Christening is an informal term .. the proper wording is Holy Baptism as one is Baptised, not christened .. ships are christened.

Originally posted by anna@Apr 13th, 2004 - 7:34 pm
Well, why make noise about Crown Prince Frederik not attending Princess Ingrid's christening when her other Crown Prince sponsor - Felipe - won't attend her christening either ?

The norwegian royal court informed nrk about both men's absence.
The usually well informed norwegian Se og Hør #30 - 20.april 2004 brought a big photo of Crown Prince Felipe and Letizia taken while the baptism ceremony took place in Oslo : The couple walking on the streets of Barcelona during their relaxing weekend visit at his sister's home.

Felipe had no engagements in the days surrounding the event in Oslo. The mag is guessing his reason for not going there, was to avoid to give the spanish media an opportunity to bring Felipe's long-time relationship with the Oslo inhabitant, Eva Sannum, back on top of the news, now a month before his wedding to newly-found lover Letizia.

I think Mette-Marit's hat is lovely for a wedding or a day at the races,but maybe not so appropriate for your daughter's christening. I think she did she did arough job on her makeup - the foundation is too streaky and the blush is too orange. I think she has tried to hard for a look that isn't right for her. She is a very attractive woman who looked amazing on her wedding day but chose the wrong look here.

Baptism of Ingrid Alexandra

Hi !
I'm new on this site and I would like to know if one of you has kept on her/his desktop the large official photos of Ingrid Alexandra's baptism (these pictures that can be found on the offficial site of the Norwegian Royal Family were very large once but now they've become smaller ... I don't know why ...) ?
If so, it would be very nice of you to ans :) wer me .
Thanks a lot !
Anita
Your site is wonderful !

Back
Top Bottom