HSH Prince Rainier has died!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have not heard anything about prince rainer's funeal except here on this thread. i cant find anything on tv news here in us. will his funeal be televise here in the us? if so, what channels or stations will have coverage?

Good questions.

I live in the US right now too mate. And there has been almost next to zero news coverage about Rainier, his death, and about funeral details. I think the US media only mainly covers the Windsors in the UK. And the US seems to view the other royal families around the world as second rate or not really worthy of coverage. Grace put Monaco on the map in the US. But sadly she has been dead for so many years. And it seems that Rainier's death has only had small coverage in the US.

I keep checking for more information about Rainier's funeral and who will all be attending. But I have only gotten some information from this thread. I'm really starting to doubt that the US media will cover his funeral in the same way they covered Charles and Camilla's wedding. But I do hope they will cover the funeral in some manner. Hopefully by Thursday we will be able to know who will be attending and if it will be shown in the US.

Royal family of Japan attending funeral

Prince Hitachi (brother of Emperor Akihito) and his wife Princess Hanako will attend Prince Rainier's funeral..

Information found on www.japantoday.com

Schedule for Friday 15th April - Prince Rainier's Funeral

VENDREDI 15 AVRIL 2005

10h00
- Mise en place de la Famille Princière dans les Grands Appartements du Palais Princier

De 10h00 à 11h00
- Accueil des délégations au Palais Princier par le Chambellan de S.A.S. le Prince Souverain
- Recueillement devant la dépouille mortelle de Son Altesse Sérénissime le Prince Rainier III à la Chapelle Palatine du Palais Princier
- Condoléances à la Famille Princière
- Collation

De 11h15 à 11h30
- Départ à pied des Hautes Autorités en procession pour la Cathédrale

11h45
- Départ du cortège funèbre

De 12h00 à 13h30
- Cérémonie religieuse

13h30
- Retour de la Famille Princière en véhicule au Palais Princier

De 13h30 à 14h00
- Retour à pied des Hautes Autorités au Palais Princier

14h00
- Réception dans les Grands Appartements du Palais Princier (sur invitation)
- Départ à la convenance des chefs de délégation

18h30
- Messe pour la population en présence d'un représentant du Palais Princier

Information found on Monaco palace official website; www.palais.mc

Thanks, Ianna for the info on the funeral. Do you have any idea if there's coverage in the U.S.?

I heard on TV today that the Swedish Kings will attend the funeral, also Andrew of GB, the Belgian Kings too, Queen Sonja, and Prince Joachim.

I also wonder if CNN will show the funeral LIVE. Who knows and they do...I've seen they've kind of had a small coverage of Rainier's death, the day he died, and also on Larry King Live.

Please if u know if the event will be televised in North America tell us.

I wanted watch CNN coverages!

Sara Boyce

I hope we can see it live..I doubt the the Canadian stations will broadcast much but I am hoping CNN will..
I heard though that the German Tv Station ZDF ,station is showing it..

It's times like these that I wish I was back in the UK and not going to university in US. I want CNN or some other cable network in the US to show the funeral as well. And preferably live as it happens. Here's to hoping...

Thanks for these information.Does anybody know will it cover the funeral in Australia?

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Thanks for these information.Does anybody know will it cover the funeral in Australia?

I'm not sure, but i dont think it will be televised live like the popes funeral and charles and camillas wedding. Prince Rainier wasnt very well known here, I think the most it will be just a normal news coverage. I could be wrong.

It has been announced that The King and Queen will be Sweden's representatives at the funeral of H.S.H. Prince Rainier of Monaco on Friday.

On the day of the funeral there will also be the traditional "serafimerringning" (bells toll of the Seraphim) in the Riddarholmen Church in Stockholm, and in connection with this his orden coat of arms will be mounted in the church alongside the other decead knights and members of the Order of the Seraphim. Prince Rainier was made a Knight of the Order of the Seraphim in 1949.

I was looking on TV Guide online and I discovered that on Friday Larry King will discuss the funeral on his show. I don't know if it is for the entire hour or just part of it. I am sure that while it is being discussed we'll get to see clips of it.

I really wish the US would get a live broadcast.

MihoshiMarie said:
I was looking on TV Guide online and I discovered that on Friday Larry King will discuss the funeral on his show. I don't know if it is for the entire hour or just part of it. I am sure that while it is being discussed we'll get to see clips of it.

I really wish the US would get a live broadcast.

If you want a live broadcast. You can have it via Internet:

www.palais.mc

on Friday 15th April 05 at 10 a.m. ( Monaco, CET)

Well I guess it is good that Larry King will at least talk about the funeral. I hope it will be for the entire hour.

Thanks for the link to the internet broadcast. Will it be in French? Oh well at least I will be able to maybe catch it live on the net and see what is going on.

Thanks for the info, Michelle! Those of us in the U.S. will appreciate being able to see it "live".

sad pixs

news "sad" pics:(
1.family next Prince Rainier at a celebrationthe
2.the future's rainier grave

Attachments

• 337955.jpg
    337955.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 343
  • COLOUR10147024.jpg
    COLOUR10147024.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 283
Very sad pics...I saw this scene on TV and it made me so sad.

BTW at what time will Larry King discuss the funeral (ET) on Friday?

monaco70s said:
Very sad pics...I saw this scene on TV and it made me so sad.

BTW at what time will Larry King discuss the funeral (ET) on Friday?

Larry King Live is on CNN at 9PM EST and replays at midnight.

what is the time difference between monaco and the us-eastren standard time?

Thanks nina! The pics are really sad. Just it must be horrible for Caro, Steph and Albert see tour dad in that way... is scary.

what time in USA for Prince Rainier's funeral? im not sure!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
what time in USA for Prince Rainier's funeral? im not sure!

Sara Boyce

Sara, Here are the times of the funeral in the US.

Eastern~4AM
Central~3AM
Mountain~2AM
Pacific~1AM

marezdote said:
Sara, Here are the times of the funeral in the US.

Eastern~4AM
Central~3AM
Mountain~2AM
Pacific~1AM

my hometown is Arkansas of USA im not sure which is East or Central,Mountain,Pacific!

Sara Boyce

Ianna posted the schedule and its on the Offical site michelle posted 10:00AM their time, 4:00 AM EST. Monaco is 6 hours ahead of the USA, EST. If you aren't sure of your area you can always go to your tool bar and type in Time in Monaco, it will give you the exact time under
world_time_server_logo.png

sara1981 said:
my hometown is Arkansas of USA im not sure which is East or Central,Mountain,Pacific!

Sara Boyce

I just checked a time converter website and it will be on at 3AM in Arkansas.

marezdote said:
I just checked a time converter website and it will be on at 3AM in Arkansas.

thanks for info! i will look it!

Sara Boyce

marezdote said:
Larry King Live is on CNN at 9PM EST and replays at midnight.

Thanks for the info a lot! :D I won't miss it. Also I hope the webcast from the Palace doesn't go down due to the heavy amount of viewers.

I hope and wish CNN has live coverage!

Eastern~4AM
Central~3AM
Mountain~2AM
Pacific~1AM

Thanks so much. But what are these times for? Is this for television coverage in the US or the internet telecast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom