Death of Prince Constantin

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a shock. He died unexpectedly yesterday. How sad for Prince Hans-Adam to watch his son die. RIP

Official statement from the Princely Family:
The Princely House regrets to announce that HSH Prince Constantin of Liechtenstein died unexpectedly on December 5, 2023. Prince Constantin was the youngest son of Prince Hans-Adam II. He leaves behind his wife, Princess Marie of Liechtenstein, née Countess Kálnoky of Kőröspatak, and his children Prince Moritz, Princess Georgina and Prince Benedikt.
Prince Constantin was chairman of the supervisory board of Liechtenstein Group AG and a member of Board of Directors of Liechtenstein Group Holding AG.
Vaduz Castle, December 6, 2023

https://fuerstenhaus.li/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/MM_Prinz-Constantin_20231206_FINAL.pdf

After the state parliament observed a minute of silence in today's session, apostolic administrator Benno Elbs sent words of mourning to the family and population:

“It was with great sadness that I learned today of the death of HSH Prince Constantin of Liechtenstein. On behalf of the Archdiocese of Vaduz, I would like to express my most sincere condolences to HSH Prince Hans-Adam II, the deceased's wife Princess Marie and their children Prince Moritz, Princess Georgina and Prince Benedikt. I join them and the entire royal family in mourning and praying for the deceased.
This afternoon, at 3 pm, the bells rang in all the parish churches in the archdiocese. I invite all believers of the Principality to join in prayer for Prince Constantin and thus express their solidarity with the Princely House. I wish Prince Hans-Adam II, Princess Marie, the children and all who mourn the deceased much strength and comfort in the hope of the resurrection. You can feel supported by the many people who pray for the deceased across the principality. God grant Prince Constantin eternal rest."
https://www.vaterland.li/liechtenstein/gesellschaft/prinz-constantin-ist-verstorben-art-551264

Last edited by a moderator:
So tragic! He was quite young! I feel so sorry for Hans Adam for surviving his son
Condolences to the whole family

That's very sad. He was far too young. Many condolences to his whole family

The Sovereign Prince won't be able to recover from this. What an absolute tragedy.
Only 51.

Last edited:
Such unexpected and tragic news. My condolences to his wife, children (Moritz - 20, G(eorg)ina - 18, Benedikt - 15), parents, sibling and other family members and friends.

It sounds as if it is completely unexpected for the family as well. A heart attack or something along those lines might result in such an unexpected and untimely death.

Last edited:
I think this will force Hans-Adam to abdicate, losing his beloved Marie Aglaë AND his youngest son within 3 years is too much for anyone. At his age, he probably thought this would go down "normally", to lose a child at his advanced age is beyond terrible.

What sad Christmas. I'm so sorry for the family.

How terribly sad. A tragedy for his family. May he rest in peace.

Not to forget the death of former Prince Franz-Joseph and Georgina in 1989 within four weeks difference and his brother Josef Wenzel in 1991 at the age of 29!

Very sad,and very young,what shock!!

R.I.P.

This is such a sad event for Prince Hans Adams, his daughter-in-law, children and grandchildren.:sad:

Not to forget the death of former Prince Franz-Joseph and Georgina in 1989 within four weeks difference and his brother Josef Wenzel in 1991 at the age of 29!
A material cousin him Count Johannes Kinsky died also very young aged 44.

Omg! I am in complete shock! What terrible news to hear!

My heart goes out to his lovely wife and their teenage children.
I also think Hans-Adam will not be able to recover from yet another devastating tragedy.

I think this will force Hans-Adam to abdicate, losing his beloved Marie Aglaë AND his youngest son within 3 years is too much for anyone. At his age, he probably thought this would go down "normally", to lose a child at his advanced age is beyond terrible.

What sad Christmas. I'm so sorry for the family.

Prince Alois is the Prince Regent since 2004… Hans Adam only remains the symbolic Head of State.

We shall see if that will change now or if they continue as is.

Last edited:
What a shocking news. Sure that will appear anti-vax comments, saying that he died suddenly and unexpected!

My condolences to the family!

How horrible. He would've been about fifty years old. Awful.

This is so sad. Losing a child is the most difficult grieve to endure.
My condolence to the family. May God give them strength during these difficult times.

Horrific for his family, may he rest in peace.

Are there any reports about what happened?

Are there any reports about what happened?

How he died unexpected, [.....] But they did not informed the cause of death

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Astrid, wife of Prince Alexander (son of Prince Philipp and Princess Isabelle) reacted via her Instagram page to the unexpected death of Prince Constantin:

I usually never post when there is a death because I believe whoever leaves us still continues to live with us in our memory and our prayers and our thoughts . But Constantin our dear Tino needs to be mentioned as he is gone much to soon and much too quick and leaves behind a huge whole in the hearts of his family . My husband Alexander and Tino are the same age and it makes you realize how quickly it can all end and how much we have to appreciate our loved ones as long that are with us . I am beyond sad for Marie his wife and her children . There are no words for my sadness and I wish we as a family can console them as good as possible but a loss of this grandeur is not consolable . Please pray for us as a family and for the world to have some peace and kindness in this sad sad times .

https://www.instagram.com/p/C0hPN2GNacNua9M5BaEaHiriWru4-2YHN5icYE0/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== (It's private only those who follow her can see the post)

So sad, very young. My condolences to his family and friends. May he rest in peace.

A couple of posts have been edited or removed as they were speculative. Speculation is against forum rules and is especially distasteful in a tragic situation like this.

When will Prince Constantin's funeral take place?

The website for the online guest book unfortunately has not been working since the beginning.

It's a eerily sad that the same thing happened a generation ago. So history has regrettably repeated itself. Two years after the Fürstin dies, the youngest son of the family shockingly and unexpectedly passes away.

Princess Gina dies in 1989
Prince Wenzel dies in 1991 unexpectedly of unknown causes

Princess Marie dies in 2021
Prince Constantin dies in 2023 unexpectedly of unknown causes

Kondolenzbuch.li does work, without the www dot start.

Back
Top Bottom