General News for the Wales Family 2: March 2024-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Honestly this whole situation seems ridiculous. Yes, KP's PR team did some pretty big mistakes but I don't understand how can people believe the most outlandish conspiracies (like the body double and late Tom Kingston onces) rather than the simple truth: she had health issues, they were addressed by surgery, she is recuperating. Why search complications in this already complicated world when the reality is so normal?
Glad to see the P&P of Wales out and about and glad to see Kate is feeling better, let's hope this whole story dies down soon
Hear! Hear!

I've never known such a carry on as there's been over this. People have operations all the time. It takes a while to recover from them. Why is it so difficult to believe that that's what's happened with Kate?

Having said which, there've always been conspiracy theories about royals. King Harold didn't die at Hastings: he survived and went into hiding. What happened to Arthur of Brittany? Who killed the Princes in the Tower? Was Anne Boleyn a witch? James II and Mary Beatrice's baby died at birth and a substitute was smuggled in in a warming pan. Queen Victoria was secretly married to John Brown. Wallis Simpson worked in a brothel in China. And so on and so forth!

I have just watched Sky news, the first 8 minutes was taken up with Catherine and the photographs, no mention of Ukraine, starving children in Gaza or hostages. No, 8 minutes on a photograph , conveniently using words like manipulated and photoshopped.
I actually think the world is going mad.

My thoughts entirely. I couldn’t believe when the BBC chose to treat it as one of their leading stories with the catastrophes which are currently taking place around the world relegated to a lower slot. They even had a reporter at the farm shop where the video was filmed. This story is not newsworthy and definitely not in the public interest.

My thoughts entirely. I couldn’t believe when the BBC chose to treat it as one of their leading stories with the catastrophes which are currently taking place around the world relegated to a lower slot. They even had a reporter at the farm shop where the video was filmed. This story is not newsworthy and definitely not in the public interest.
It must be silly season for the press, I'm very surprised by the BBC and given everything else going on in the world!!

Confirmation this mass media-driven hysteria is hot air in the UK - yougov poll for sky news shows trust in royals remain broadly undented after all the conspiracies:

This was an online poll of 2,081 adults, taken between 15 - 17 March.

Screenshot from Sky broadcast:

1710856281034.png

(*mods - have put this here as relates to this particular issue in discussion but happy for it to be moved to a more relevant thread).

Confirmation this mass media-driven hysteria is hot air in the UK - yougov poll for sky news shows trust in royals remain broadly undented after all the conspiracies:

This was an online poll of 2,081 adults, taken between 15 - 17 March.

Screenshot from Sky broadcast:

View attachment 303721

(*mods - have put this here as relates to this particular issue in discussion but happy for it to be moved to a more relevant thread).

In that regard, I believe that this entire exercise has been a roaring success for TRH The Wales:

1. They have successfully held firm in not reveal any more about HRH The Princess of Wales's condition than necessary.
2. Any non-authorized pictures of HRH The Princess of Wales's have been squashed in the UK media (the car shot with Carole) and "authorized" ones tie those genuinely concerned until after Easter (presumably the shots at the farmer's market since those weren't summarily shot down like the car shots)
3. The edited Mother's Day photo, rather than losing trust for TRH The Wales, has their constituents rallying in their defense and criticizing the press as out to get the couple.
4. None of the noise has affected HRH The Prince of Wales's duties.
5. Social media is filled with conspiracy theorists, so anything said about TRH The Wales will be dismissed outright even by those who are lukewarm to them and especially to those who are completely loyal to them.
6. More than likely, TRH The Wales will be embraced in a stronger way after HRH The Princess of Wales comes back than they were before.

So congratulations to HRH The Prince of Wales and HRH The Princess of Wales for a success media campaign!

The conspiracy theories have moved on to whether or not the photo of the late Queen with all the children was photoshopped, because apparently there's an inconsistency with Mia Tindall's hair! Do people genuinely have nothing better to do than conduct an in depth study of Mia Tindall's hair in an old photo?!

I think all of this has been a great indicator of how "terminally online" people are and how we, as a society, need to get off the Internet for a while. Or at least, get off social media.

I agree it all could’ve been handled better. However, it’s normal for the other parent to take time off work when a spouse is recovering from a surgery. Someone has to hold down the fort at home. And honestly, William’s duties nor salary won’t be hurt if he takes some time off. But the kids will remember the anxious feeling of mom having a major surgery and dad being out there working. Prioritize family.

Now there is news breaking that someone at the hospital allegedly attempted to access Kate's medical records without authorization.

I really hope this isn't true. And that somebody is held to account if it is. It doesn't matter who you are in life - medical confidentiality should be guaranteed.
I just read that too. How incredibly disturbing! Something similar happened in Australia where a nurse looked up private and confidential medical information on an Australian celebrity without authorisation. The person was caught, fired and charged.

:previous:

I think that sadly happens a lot. Not only medical institutions but also at banks, the tax office etc. I remember a case from 2022 in the Netherlands where a 23 y/o employee of the mental health services was found guilty & was sentenced for searching for information of friends, family and celebrities. It seems rather curious that people risk their carreer for this (apart from having no moral hesitations about the matter).

Last edited:
:previous:

I think that sadly happens a lot. Not only medical institutions but also at banks, the tax office etc. I remember a case from 2022 in the Netherlands where a 23 y/o employee of the mental health services was found guilty & was sentenced for searching for information of friends, family and celebrities. It seems rather curious that people risk their carreer for this (apart from having no moral hesitations about the matter).
Yes, it’s quite a stupid thing to do. Those systems all have audit trails built into them, and for a case this high profile with this much incentive to violate patient privacy, I imagine the executive in charge of data privacy was watching who accessed what like a hawk. Anyone who did this will be caught and likely prosecuted, but it won’t help Catherine’s sense of safety in medical situations, given the history of past abuses there (the horrible behavior to the nurse during her first pregnancy).

I find it sad and awful that people don't have the integrity and ethics to NOT do things like this. I work in finance and several years ago, while working for another bank, I actually asked my manager to reassign an account to a co-worker because I realized that the customer were the parents-in-law of one of my first cousins. I did not want to have any access to their financial information just as a matter of respect for their privacy and also to protect myself and my employer from any accusations of wrongdoing or future legal risk.

This is certainly more common than we want to belive…. When curiosity takes control over some people - moral and ethic is blown out of the window…

But it’s nonetheless scandalous ! If not even our medical journals are guaranteed to be kept confidential, then what is left to be kept confidential ?

Just slightly veering away from the latest revelations of potential invasion of privacy, I hope the first couple of official engagement / appearances for the Duchess post recovery period, aren’t formal and do not require her to be dressed ‘to the nines’. Every little aspect of her physical appearance and demeanour will be analysed for any signs of being less than perfect. Engagements where she is able to interact with children would work well for her. were it not for the potential onslaught of press that could upset very young children. I used to have confidence in the people who advise on these matters, but recent events suggest otherwise.

This is certainly more common than we want to belive…. When curiosity takes control over some people - moral and ethic is blown out of the window…

But it’s nonetheless scandalous ! If not even our medical journals are guaranteed to be kept confidential, then what is left to be kept confidential ?
Truly appalling at how some low some will stoop and to invade privacy!

I've never known such a carry on as there's been over this. People have operations all the time. It takes a while to recover from them. Why is it so difficult to believe that that's what's happened with Kate?
The simplest answer is that, by being secretive about Kate's condition, Kensington Palace invited speculation and conspiracy theories.

I am not saying that they have a public duty to disclose the medical records of the Princess of Wales, but when they refuse to say the reason for her operation, it is natural that many people will assume it was some kind of serious condition and will speculate about it. Even more so considering that, while not giving any specific information, they did, however, emphasize that she would have a long and seemingly complicated recovery.

The simplest answer is that, by being secretive about Kate's condition, Kensington Palace invited speculation and conspiracy theories.

I am not saying that they have a public duty to disclose the medical records of the Princess of Wales, but when they refuse to say the reason for her operation, it is natural that many people will assume it was some kind of serious condition and will speculate about it. Even more so considering that, while not giving any specific information, they did, however, emphasize that she would have a long and seemingly complicated recovery.
I work in a lab and we get blood samples from family doctors, pediatricians ... and the local hospital we're connected to. If I wanted to I could out any HIV positiv person in the county with just a click into the system . People being interested in somebody's medical history doesn't mean they have a right to them.

The body double conspiracy theories are now getting beyond ridiculous!
Most of this is ridiculous! Kate had some surgery that we may or may not hear about in the future and Charles has cancer is getting treated for it. That's it, no more no less. I wish that all this craziness would stop. It's actually making the media and social media look stupid.

Back
Top Bottom