General News for the Wales Family 2: March 2024-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can you explain what they should have done differently ? Kate had surgery, they gave us an estimated hospitalisation and recovery timeline and told us not to expect any updates unless there is something out of the ordinary. When she was released from hospital they also thanked people for their well whishes. So far completely sane and normal behaviour and it's hardly KPs fault [.....]This is QAnon for progressives.
I cant explain what they should have done differently, but here we are. I'm not a PR or communications professional. I would expect those working in KPs communications team are professionals and should be some of the best. But here we are.

The people responsible for the conspiracy theories about Pres. Macron's wife and Taylor Swift are all far right-wing lunatics (and other words I can't use here) who have a political agenda to their hate. Because that's what it is. You can't quite compare those to people making up stories about why we haven't seen Catherine since her surgery or even what she had surgery for.

What they all have in common is they have issues that we’re seeing play out in social media. Because you’d have to have some to post the kind of nonsense we’re seeing. Whether it’s about Taylor Swift, Catherine, etc. There have been some bizarre theories about the Sussexes too. (I don’t want to derail the thread, just saying.)

The simplest answer is there are just a lot of disturbed people on the internet. Whether they’re doing it for money, a political agenda, out of boredom, they genuinely believe it…whatever. There are simply a lot of screwed up, irresponsible people hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. And they’re best to be ignored imo. Not give them what they want: attention, credibility, and/or money.

Last edited:
The topic is about the Princes of Wales and not Mrs Macron etc..
We still know nothing as said Sister Morphine about her Surgery., Personnel reasons for not attending a one hour thanksgiving.... Speculations is at its maximum all over the world .

We still know nothing as said Sister Morphine about her Surgery., Personnel reasons for not attending a one hour thanksgiving.... Speculations is at its maximum all over the world .

We know she had abdominal surgery. That’s not nothing. Why does ANYONE need the exact details? No matter what KP said- people would have wanted more, would have speculated, would have made stuff up- because it is everywhere, all the time. It’s worse for the BRF because they are so high profile globally, but this garbage is everywhere.

William didn’t attend what was essentially a family memorial service. He didn’t miss an occasion of state. He didn’t miss a charity event, etc. He personally called members of the family to explain that he wasn’t attending. They were the only people he owed an explanation to imo. He didn’t owe the public one.

We live in a world where a lot people seem to think they need to know everything when they do not. A lot of people over share on SM. Their choice. But not everyone should feel forced to do that.

It is none of your business or mine or anybody else what surgery she had. If people all over the world have nothing else to bother about, then God help us. I am sure people have more serious concerns. Why not be honest and just say people are nosy.

We know she had abdominal surgery. That’s not nothing. Why does ANYONE need the exact details? No matter what KP said- people would have wanted more, would have speculated, would have made stuff up- because it is everywhere, all the time. It’s worse for the BRF because they are so high profile globally, but this garbage is everywhere.

William didn’t attend what was essentially a family memorial service. He didn’t miss an occasion of state. He didn’t miss a charity event, etc. He personally called members of the family to explain that he wasn’t attending. They were the only people he owed an explanation to imo. He didn’t owe the public one.

We live in a world where a lot people seem to think they need to know everything when they do not. A lot of people over share on SM. Their choice. But not everyone should feel forced to do that.
I agree we now live in a world of over sharing on SM, whether it be influencers who do not actually do a days work other than promoting themselves and or companies or services. We know when the dog died , when the child had a fever, they all do a rush to hospital photograph. William and Kate do not want to be part of that and good on them.

There is a difference between posting photos on your social media account and giving a photo to the 4 major photo agencies. Their job is to archive pictures for historical purposes also and if there is manipulation to them then they are not historically correct. They are members of the BRF so it was a mistake on KP's part to send them without properly vetting the picture. Social media and the photo agencies are 2 very different entities with different objectives. People going down the rabbit hole of Kategate and where is Kate is not the reason why these 4 agencies pulled the photo. They relied on the truthfulness of KP and that was broken.
I think they will be fine too in the long run. It's just unfortunate that everything seems to be happening at once.

There is a difference between posting photos on your social media account and giving a photo to the 4 major photo agencies. Their job is to archive pictures for historical purposes also and if there is manipulation to them then they are not historically correct. They are members of the BRF so it was a mistake on KP's part to send them without properly vetting the picture. Social media and the photo agencies are 2 very different entities with different objectives. People going down the rabbit hole of Kategate and where is Kate is not the reason why these 4 agencies pulled the photo. They relied on the truthfulness of KP and that was broken.
I think they will be fine too in the long run. It's just unfortunate that everything seems to be happening at once.
The Spanish Royal Family Christmas photo of 2005 is still up on Getty Images

I have been an avid Royal Watcher ( past and current Royal Families ) since as a young girl I fell in love with the BBC program 'The Six Wives of Henry Vlll'. I have never wavered, and my interest and passion continues unabated.
That's why this overblown and ridiculously over the top reaction to a lovely photo of Catherine and the kids just baffles me. A simple picture, to thank well wishes for their concern and to send out a greeting for Mothers Day. And it then literally turned ugly and sinister.
I have honestly NEVER seen anything like this blowup.

She tweaked a picture, of HER own Family, not that I could tell. I mean who cares ?

Its not as if She superimposed Diana looking down smiling from above, or added subliminal Political messages. She "owned up" to editing the picture, apologized. But it is seemingly not enough. And now some are clamouring for the "original photo". And yet more information.
Why ? What do they possibly think is in the original ?
Hopefully, this soon fades. As it should.
Thanks for saying what I’ve been thinking!

“The previous kills we’ve had have been from the North Korean news agency or the Iranian news agency.” - AFP Global News Director Phil Chetwynd

When asked if they would consider Kensington Palace a trusted source, he replied "Absolutely not". Source.

In addition, I think what Pete Souza posted on Instagram today is helpful after it was asked in the White House briefing room yesterday if they altered images, and after folks have pointed out that US President's have official photographers, not necessarily independent photographers covering them 24/7:
I made this photograph of Prince George meeting President Obama in 2016. The digital file was “processed” with Photoshop, a software program made by Adobe that virtually every professional photographer uses. Yet my photograph was certainly not “altered” or “changed” in content.⁣
I thought of this distinction after the photograph released earlier this week of Princess Catherine and her children was found to be “altered.” Some stories referred to it as being “photoshopped.” And that made me cringe.⁣
Every publication like the New York Times, and every news organization like the Associated Press, have strict policies on using Photoshop to process images. Basically, the accepted practices allow a news photograph to be tweaked by adjusting the color balance; the density (make the raw file lighter or darker); and shadows and highlights.⁣
What’s not acceptable is to remove, add, or change elements in the photograph. That would be altering the content. ⁣
For example, if there’s a telephone pole sticking out of a person’s head, you wouldn’t be allowed to remove it. ⁣
Or if someone mashes multiple family pictures together into one, that wouldn’t be acceptable. (Why, though, did it take AP nearly 2 hours to make this determination with the photo earlier this week?). ⁣
Let’s keep this in mind given the current political climate where a certain presidential candidate and his rabid supporters dismiss stories he or they don’t like as “fake news.” He has also said multiple times that published photographs of himself he didn’t like were “Photoshopped”. The photographs in question undoubtedly were processed through Photoshop, but not at all “altered.” (He did get away with posting a picture of himself on Facebook during his Presidency that made his fingers longer, hands bigger, and body 50 lbs lighter). ⁣
So, for the sake of consistency, let’s call fake photos what they are: “fake” or “altered” and stop using the word “Photoshopped.”

I am not sure why it is still on their website to be honest. Not sure if it is on the other photo agencies websites either. IMO it should be removed because clearly the former King has 2 legs. Thanks for pointing that out Akina21.

A stolen Picture of the Princess of Wales with sun glasses next to her Mother driving her car.
A fake , altered Picture of the Princess and her Children
A picture of the Prince and Princess of Wales in a car sitting behind the driver , the Princess turned her head , but their destination was not the same .
Princess of Wales excuses signed with C ?
I don't understand.

Bunte online cites The Sun,
Prinzessin Kate : TV-Sender unternimmt nach Foto-Pfusch drastische Maßnahme

which checked the meta data of the pic in question - and it was puzzled together out of three different photos. This is much more than a beauty filter! I wonder, when the different pics were taken. Could be from anno tobacco, from way back.

No, I see no reason to be apologetic here. [….]

Last edited by a moderator:
The Sun is one of the trashiest rags in the whole of Europe. If they said the sky was blue, I'd have to poke my head out the window to check. So, if a tabloid better suited to lining a litter box is claiming the photo is a composite of several different photos, I'd take it with a grain of salt the size of the Rock of Gibraltar.

Bunte online cites The Sun,
Prinzessin Kate : TV-Sender unternimmt nach Foto-Pfusch drastische Maßnahme

which checked the meta data of the pic in question - and it was puzzled together out of three different photos. This is much more than a beauty filter! I wonder, when the different pics were taken. Could be from anno tobacco, from way back.

No, I see no reason to be apologetic here. Imagine the Duchess of Sussex would have pulled this stunt! A field day for the commentary...

Only thing they could see was that somebody edited that picture on Friday evening and Saturday morning.... they couldn't see if it was one picture or three. That's a lie.

I think they will be just fine in the long run.
Oh, they will be fine in the medium term as well. This is hot air that will blow over. It is a global phenomenon purely because of Kate's reach and profile. She is that presence in public life that people get used to and then are startled and disorientated when it is suddenly pulled without warning.

Very few public figures (royal or otherwise) have this global reach or can cause this kind of mass disorientation and lunacy because they stepped out of the public eye for two months. The overblown and hysterical nature of the photoshopping incident and the speculation on social media is largely due that absence. There is also the commercial aspect - her absence has cost royal photographers a chunk of their livelihoods, media, content; some small fashion houses of outfits or jewellery she would have worn on engagements, sales; fashion bloggers, content etc. It has also created a gap in social media activity for accounst that usually cover her. Her absence has created a tangible gap in people's lives and consciousness, for whatever reason.

She is as much of a global icon as her late mother-in-law, even though the two Princesses of Wales have very different approaches to dealing with the media, their profile and being global talking points. This will make her even more of one.

She needs absolutely nothing from photo agencies or the media but they need her for content as their audiences are fascinated with her. Once she's back out and about doing engagements, she will be covered. Photographers will rush to take her picture, her fashion will be covered, people will follow content about her, scrutinise her pictures and so on. We have a summer of royal engagements coming up - garden parties, Trooping, Wimbledon, Garter etc. She will be out and about with her family, happy and engaging. She will be fine. She can choose to only release family pictures on her social media pages and not distribute any pictures to the media even for birthdays, and still she will be fine. Her charities will all still work with her and she will remain the Princess of Wales and future Queen and she will remain popular.

She and William crave lower profiles so if any photo agency or media decides to cover them, fine, if they decide not to cover them, even better. As we saw with William on his engagement today, they are just carrying on and not acknowledging either the lunacy or the attempts to bait them into a response.

Social media and the chattering classes are a tiny and concentrated proportion of the public. Their manufactured noise is no indication of reality.

A stolen Picture of the Princess of Wales with sun glasses next to her Mother driving her car.
A fake , altered Picture of the Princess and her Children
A picture of the Prince and Princess of Wales in a car sitting behind the driver , the Princess turned her head , but their destination was not the same .
Princess of Wales excuses signed with C ?
I don't understand.
The P of W was in a car with her mother. No big deal. The picture is not "fake", it was photoshopped. The crazies who see conspiracy at every turn analyzed the photo and found it to be taken when and where it should have been. The photoshopping was to improve the composition and find the best expressions of the kids. No big deal. The Prince was driving to the Commonwealth service. He was clearly taking the Princess to an appointment--post surgery, again no big deal. Twitter has a character limit. "C" no big deal. This is all driven by the press who want to play this out and rake in the views and stick it to the BRF. It is beyond ridiculous.

Oh, they will be fine in the medium term as well. This is hot air that will blow over. It is a global phenomenon purely because of Kate's reach and profile. She is that presence in public life that people get used to and then are startled and disorientated when it is suddenly pulled without warning.

Very few public figures (royal or otherwise) have this global reach or can cause this kind of mass disorientation and lunacy because they stepped out of the public eye for two months. The overblown and hysterical nature of the photoshopping incident and the speculation on social media is largely due that absence. There is also the commercial aspect - her absence has cost royal photographers a chunk of their livelihoods, media, content; some small fashion houses of outfits or jewellery she would have worn on engagements, sales; fashion bloggers, content etc. It has also created a gap in social media activity for accounst that usually cover her. Her absence has created a tangible gap in people's lives and consciousness, for whatever reason.

She is as much of a global icon as her late mother-in-law, even though the two Princesses of Wales have very different approaches to dealing with the media, their profile and being global talking points. This will make her even more of one.

She needs absolutely nothing from photo agencies or the media but they need her for content as their audiences are fascinated with her. Once she's back out and about doing engagements, she will be covered. Photographers will rush to take her picture, her fashion will be covered, people will follow content about her, scrutinise her pictures and so on. We have a summer of royal engagements coming up - garden parties, Trooping, Wimbledon, Garter etc. She will be out and about with her family, happy and engaging. She will be fine. She can choose to only release family pictures on her social media pages and not distribute any pictures to the media even for birthdays, and still she will be fine. Her charities will all still work with her and she will remain the Princess of Wales and future Queen and she will remain popular.

She and William crave lower profiles so if any photo agency or media decides to cover them, fine, if they decide not to cover them, even better. As we saw with William on his engagement today, they are just carrying on and not acknowledging either the lunacy or the attempts to bait them into a response.

Social media and the chattering classes are a tiny and concentrated proportion of the public. Their manufactured noise is no indication of reality.

Yes to all of the above. The number of times people here have alluded to “lost trust” and similar between the press and KP has really puzzled me. As if we’re talking about one partner in a loving, long standing marriage of equals having had an affair, instead of an uneasy association in which one party has been losing relative power and influence for the past two decades, and members of that same party have a history of doing things like recklessly lying to the other side’s mentally vulnerable mother in order to obtain an interview for TV.

The press can always choose to not print news from the BRF if its members feel too betrayed to soldier on. Or they could actually do their job and make sure that any content meets their own standards before rushing it to publication. That would involve a loss of profit, so I won’t hold my breath.

It sounds like William, Catherine and their team have learned what lessons they could from this episode, and will be more careful going forward. The media and social media (especially the increasingly wide area where they overlap) have milked the story as much as they could. By next week everyone will be on to something else. The end.

I agree. This first appearance she makes after her surgery will make all of this ridiculous media created mess go away. Then the media will move onto someone else, unfortunately for whoever that is.

Just saw that King Willem - Alexander of The Netherlands decided to have a go and make a joke at Kate's expense. Regarding the now radioactive "picture-gate".
It appears that a little girl told the King during a walkabout that she had a " photograph of your whole family ", so how did the king respond ??? Unbelievably......" Really.... at least I didn't photo shop it".
So disheartening to hear this. A very low remark.
I am actually shocked that He "went there". There WAS ABSOLUTELY no reason to do so.
My estimation and respect for him. Has evaporated.

Last edited:
Just saw that King Willem - Alexander of The Netherlands decided to have a go and make a joke at Kate's expense. Regarding the now radioactive "picture-gate".
It appears that a little girl told the King during a walkabout that she had a " photograph of your whole family ", so how did the king respond ??? Unbelievably......" Really.... at least I didn't photo shop it".
I am actually shocked that He "went there". There WAS ABSOLUTELY no reason to do so.
Esp. because he himself has photoshopped pictures of his family. Not to mention all his scandals. Like going on vacation when the rest of the country wasn't allowed because of Covid.

My estimation and respect for him. Has evaporated.
Yes, he did and he shouldn't have. However, this remark was made 3 days ago (JR reported at that time in W-A's current events topic) when it wasn't as toxic as it is now. In the Netherlands it isn't that big of a deal either (it has been reported, a few remarks have been made and that's it); it seems it is mainly the media en social media in the US and to a lesser extent the UK that are making a huge deal out of it. I watched the video and it was very light-hearted - not smart, but clearly no bad intentions.

Really, the way some are carrying on, you'd think Kate was trying to pawn the crown jewels or something! Photos are edited all the time; what's the problem?
I would (kind of) understand the reaction if it had been a "candid" photo. Taking a photo of Catherine with the children not posing for the camera.

This was obviously a posed photo. Catherine is a photographer with a great eye. She would want everyone in the photo to look great. There are two ways to achieve that: 1. Have William repeatedly take pictures until he gets one in which all four subjects looked perfect (hard to do with children); or 2. edit the photo.

Some people have too much time on their hands.

Exactly. It's very hard to get a photo in which everyone's smiling and everyone's got their eyes open, especially with children. If I knew how to use Photoshop, I'd also be taking a few photos and trying to merge them, instead of sitting there wondering whether to frame the photo in which X is smiling but Y's pulling a face, or the one in which X and Y are both smiling but Z's got their eyes closed!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom