General News for Queen Elizabeth II: April 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect that is correct and she will continue to live at Windsor till the BP renovations are complete.

Odds are that she'll stay at Windsor for the rest of her life. Its near enough to London and she has family living near....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62825232

The Queen has postponed an online meeting of the Privy Council after being advised to rest by doctors, Buckingham Palace has said.

The palace said that after "a full day" on Tuesday the monarch, 96, had accepted the medics' advice.

In a break in tradition she met outgoing Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his successor Liz Truss in Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire.

The Queen has suffered from mobility issues in recent times.

The monarch remains at Balmoral and the latest advice does not involve a hospital stay.

Hmm, I'm assuming HM intended to do the virtual meeting on her feet as per tradition.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62825232

The Queen has postponed an online meeting of the Privy Council after being advised to rest by doctors, Buckingham Palace has said.

The palace said that after "a full day" on Tuesday the monarch, 96, had accepted the medics' advice.

In a break in tradition she met outgoing Prime Minister Boris Johnson and his successor Liz Truss in Balmoral, in Aberdeenshire.

The Queen has suffered from mobility issues in recent times.

The monarch remains at Balmoral and the latest advice does not involve a hospital stay.

As far as I understand, the new ministers that require swearing-in as Privy Counsellors (UK spelling) and/or need to take an oath of office (including the new PM, who must be sworn in as First Lord of the Treasury) were going to take their oaths in this online meeting of the Privy Council, so the postponement of the meeting is significant.

I hope the Queen feels well enough to hold the meeting as soon as possible, but, otherwise, shouldn't it be prudent to appoint Counsellors of State for that particular function? I believe Prince Charles could do it, in the presence of Prince William. Is that correct?

EDIT: The members who would like to reply may do so in the Counsellors of State forum, or The Queen , PMs and Prerogative Powers forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom