General News for Queen Elizabeth II: April 2021 - September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By announcing it, they made it a diplomatic matter. 'Just old friends meeting' is not announced by a court.

By announcing it, they made it a diplomatic matter. 'Just old friends meeting' is not announced by a court.

It actually is. No government were involved in any aspect of them meeting with HM.

What a sight to see!

NONSENSE!!This is an old pic,at least 3 years old,,regardless what that rag The Mail says!!

It shows HM at Windsor Great Park,riding.She is no longer able to,unfortunately,plus,one
can see HM has lost a lot of weight since.

Last edited:
NONSENSE!!This is an old pic,at least 3 years old,,regardless what that rag The Mail says!!

It shows HM at Windsor Great Park,riding.She is no longer able to,unfortunately,plus,one
can see HM has lost a lot of weight since.

The picture is clearly marked "2020" and the article may be that rag The Sun (not The Mail) but it mentions the Archbishop of York congratulating her on still riding at the Jubilee.

It may be an old photo but tht does not mean that she is not riding a little bit, if a source says so... possibly she can go for a gentle walk with grooms in attendance....and she can be helped on and off her horsse.,

It may be an old photo but tht does not mean that she is not riding a little bit, if a source says so... possibly she can go for a gentle walk with grooms in attendance....and she can be helped on and off her horsse.,

This is a nice thought but I truly doubt it. Horseback riding, particularly with an English saddle, requires somewhat strong legs and balance. I assume that she is suffering from arthritis of the knee and/or hip. People lose balance as they age. In fact, I think that is the number one reason for falls.

The Queen decided not to push herself during the Jubilee, even skipping the church service. I think it is unlikely that she would risk falling off a horse.

I thought about this to myself.

I just don't believe a frail 96 year old woman, who has lost a lost of weight is out and about riding on a horse; irrespective of who is holding onto the reins.

:previous: It was as easy to snap a photo of Andrew riding as it was HM. Why on earth would we believe the mail without photographic evidence. The notion that a 96-year-old woman who has lived her whole life for duty to her country, has been unable to participate in most of her own Jubille, missed her own birthday celebration Trooping the Colour, is unable to walk more than a few steps with a staff, yet supposedly be able to sit and ride a horse is a nonsense. Perhaps she will have a ride in a carriage or trap but that would be all.

Unless you are willing to say that multiple media sources and the Archbishop of York have decided to mislead everyone, she apparently is. https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/24/the-queen-riding-horses-again-despite-health-advice-16883219/

Given that horses are her deep, abiding passion and something that gives her vitality and strength, I'm not surprised she's doing it again. She will probably be perfectly happy to meet her end like this if it comes to it.

Perhaps but I think the Archbishop was speaking figuratively when he referred to her as still "being in the saddle."

:previous: It was as easy to snap a photo of Andrew riding as it was HM. Why on earth would we believe the mail without photographic evidence. The notion that a 96-year-old woman who has lived her whole life for duty to her country, has been unable to participate in most of her own Jubille, missed her own birthday celebration Trooping the Colour, is unable to walk more than a few steps with a staff, yet supposedly be able to sit and ride a horse is a nonsense. Perhaps she will have a ride in a carriage or trap but that would be all.

The first report actually was an "exclusive" by Matt Wilkinson for the Sun, not the Mail (not that the Sun has more credibility than the Mail ...)

Unless you are willing to say that multiple media sources and the Archbishop of York have decided to mislead everyone, she apparently is. https://metro.co.uk/2022/06/24/the-queen-riding-horses-again-despite-health-advice-16883219/

This article (and also some others) is just repeating the Sun (my previous post #336). As stated in it:

But the Queen now feels strong enough to return to the saddle, the Sun has reported.

Honestly, I have my doubt. Even if she's just sitting on the back of her pony while someone else had the rein, the jostle wouldn't be comfortable for someone with back pain. But then again, I've seen ppl her age doing the unthinkable (including my late great-grandma at her 95th) so maybe it's true. WWII generation seems to be made from different materials.

It doesn't matter whether credible media outlets are simply "repeating the Sun"; they don't take their stories from tabloids unless it can be somehow verified. They're shooting themselves in the foot otherwise.

Another one from the Sun, this time with video:

Energetic Queen, 96, filmed walking unaided at train station before royal visit to Scotland despite mobility fears

(...)

Local cricketer Chris Dixon, 24, briefly filmed the Queen on his mobile at 9.50pm.

The footage shows Her Maj walking comfortably with her stick in her right hand and, in her left, the black handbag seen in her Paddington Bear jubilee video.

He said: “I saw the Royal Train and lots of police vans and a sniffer dog. Three cars came round to private gates at the side of the station.

“She was helped out of one and then easily made her way over a step.

"I was surprised at just how fast she was. It was a lovely opportunity to see her and see her so well.”

(...)

:previous: That sounds very positive. :flowers:

:previous:The short video of the Queen at the train station showed her to have a steady gait with the use of her cane, even negotiating a step. The overwhelming support and cheering she received recently during her Jubilee has to have given her "a shot in the arm". Always lovely to see the Queen!

so she might well be up to riding occasionally? it seems like she has bad days and good days.

so she might well be up to riding occasionally? it seems like she has bad days and good days.

It is difficult to tell. But any which way, my own view is that it is a private matter, and not one that should bother us inordinately.

It is difficult to tell. But any which way, my own view is that it is a private matter, and not one that should bother us inordinately.

It certainly doesn’t bother anyone inordinately, it just makes us happy to think HM is ‘back in the saddle’ (if indeed she is). I’ve wondered if she suffers from sciatica- it’s intermittently painful, but sometimes you can do whatever you want, without discomfort.

Nice to see the queen at the Sandringham Estate ,it would be really full of colour this time of the year.

Queen Elizabeth has sent a message of support to the President of Ukraine to mark the country’s Independence Day yesterday, August 24:

It gives me great pleasure to send Your Excellency and the people of Ukraine my warmest greetings on the celebration of your Independence Day. In this most challenging year, I hope that today will be a time for the Ukrainian people, both in Ukraine and around the world, to celebrate their culture, history and identity.

May we look to better times in the future.

Elizabeth R

The message was released on the „UK in Ukraine“ Twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom