Fashion for the little and teenage royals Part 19: April 2023 - October 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Josephine looked incredible in that jumpsuit. I’m generally not a fan of the style, but she really looked fabulous.

It takes a very confident 12 year-old to pull that off. Even with the slight sleeve stumble, she really did. You go, girl.

I look forward to seeing her slightly younger again, too.

Josephine looked incredible in that jumpsuit. I’m generally not a fan of the style, but she really looked fabulous.
She seems to have more of an idea what suits her than her elder sister. I would venture to say that she has a personal sense of style that far exceeds that of her peers or even her sister. She walks with complete confidence and seems so self possessed. I am looking forward to seeing her personal style evolve, which, when you consider she actually already has a personal style unlike many of the older girls present.

In general, I loved the way her two-piece pant suit fit her so well and how and how she balanced a flattering but age appropriate updo with a surprisingly elegant off-the-shoulder top and a complimentary irregular strand of pearls to offset the bare look. Sublime for a child of that age.

I feel like this is the first time Sofia's had such visible makeup, but maybe I'm wrong?

I've become so acustomed to seeing Leonor in her uniform that I almost didn't recognize her tonight.

Sofia's outfit is far too casual. It's fine for a private concert with friends but not a official one.

I don't like none of them. Leonor usually matronly and Sofia blah..
Is Sofia's top open in the sides or I'm wrong?

I agree that neither look works well for the sisters. And yes, Sofia's jumpsuit is open on the side. It looks really nice on the model but I guess Sofia's torso is too long for it to work for her?!

I like Leonor's dress. I like the cut. Sofia's outfit is a bit strange, such a weird style, but it suits her somehow (its not that different from the other outfits she wore in the past, and unlike Leonor who's searching for definite style, Sofia has found hers years ago).

I quite like Leonors dress, I don’t say that often for her.
Sofias outfit looks lovely on the model, not that great on Sofia.
I’ve noticed that Sofia usually wears flat shoes while Leonor is in heels. Is it so that Sofia doesn’t tower over Leonor? Heels add a lot to ones outfit

I quite like Leonors dress, I don’t say that often for her.
Sofias outfit looks lovely on the model, not that great on Sofia.
I’ve noticed that Sofia usually wears flat shoes while Leonor is in heels. Is it so that Sofia doesn’t tower over Leonor? Heels add a lot to ones outfit
I think heels are not Sofia's style. It seems she doesn't care much for them. However, she wore small heels for the first time last year at the same event, so maybe we'll see her in heels tomorrow.:flowers:

Last edited:
Sofia is taller than her sister. Perhaps that’s the reason? JMHO

Athena is stunning! She will be a knockout beauty in 10 years. In a different gallery there was a photo of her seated at dinner with a light cardigan added to her outfit which was also lovely.

I thought it was interesting how big the age gap seemed between Josephine and Athena. Although they are just a year apart, Athena still looks more like a child, while Josephine looks like an older teenager.

Their outfits underscored this. Athena's reminded me of an innocent young ballerina, while Josephine's look was very trendy and sophisticated.

(And no criticism of either -- they were both appropriate and looked great.)

Leonor in H&M and Sofia in Cardie Moda at the Princess of Asturias Awards Concert in Oviedo this evening:

Not great on either front,Sofia's is far too casual also for a Concert.

Leonor and Sofia at the Princess of Asturias Awards audiences today, October 20:

** gallery **

Leonor in Javier Simorra, see here.

I don't like none of them. Leonor usually matronly and Sofia blah..
Is Sofia's top open in the sides or I'm wrong?

I was about to say the same ...
Sofia, not fond of this outfit, but she does have a particular style what is not easy to achieve at her age.

The colour is nice on Leonor but it looks too big on the Princess.

Had Infanta Sofia's dress been slightly longer it would have been perfect.

Not a fan of Leonora dress for the occasion. It’s not a bad dress otherwise. Belted dresses just aren’t formal enough.
On the other hand, I quite like what Sofia is wearing. It may be a tad bit short, but lovely nonetheless

The colour is nice on Leonor but it looks too big on the Princess.

Had Infanta Sofia's dress been slightly longer it would have been perfect.
That's exactly my words. The color is so lovely, but it looks rather big, especially the sleeves. Yesterday's dress fit her better. Anyway, it's a nice dress and I don't find it casual for the occasion since it was not the awards ceremony but just audiences.

I agree about the length of Sofia's dress. It would've been perfect had it been longer.

Sofia is the real fashionista of the two sisters. I almost always love everything she wears. I fully support Leonora's love of pink and it is a great colour for her. The fit and style age her though, she's only 17, and if we learned anything from seeing her in uniform lately - a well fitted, clean, tailored look is smashing on her.

Leonor and Sofia at the Princess of Asturias Awards audiences today, October 20:

** gallery **

Leonor in Javier Simorra, see here.
Not great on either front,Sofia's is far too casual also for a Concert.
Leonor's pink dress is lovely but fitting is wrong.
I can't name it but is something impeaching Leonor's style to achieve the high style level reached by Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, for instance.
To everyone of her choices is always something going wrong. Either wrong fit, or too oldish, always too something. I could not find where is the mistake but for sure it is one..
Leonor was impeccably dressed like a child..she continued dress almost childish as a teen...and suddenly she became a woman..and everything gets wrong.

As for Sofia the outfit is very pretty. But Sofia us very tall... so almost all her outfits are too shorts. Only personnal tailoring will fix this.

Leonor's pink dress is lovely but fitting is wrong.
I can't name it but is something impeaching Leonor's style to achieve the high style level reached by Princess Elisabeth of Belgium, for instance.
To everyone of her choices is always something going wrong. Either wrong fit, or too oldish, always too something. I could not find where is the mistake but for sure it is one..
Leonor was impeccably dressed like a child..she continued dress almost childish as a teen...and suddenly she became a woman..and everything gets wrong. .

But Leonor is not a woman, she's just a teenager.
She's 17 (while Elisabeth is 21 btw) and finding her style with the handicap of knowing she will be judged by everyone and is dressing for formal events unlike her friends and contemporaries.
I loved the H&M dress of the concert and she looked lovely in pink this morning. She's wearing her mother's aquamarine earrings this evening and looks gorgeous.

Part of the big difference is that Elisabeth often wears expensive custom-made haute couture clothing from Armani or Natan and Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofía generally wear clothing from high street brands and more affordable prices.

They are young girls without a defined style and whose body is still changing... it is probably smart not to spend thousands of euros on each of their outfits.

Infanta Sofía - Cardie
https://cardiemoda.com/tabia-black/

The outfit is very Princess of Wales but my goodness she is a stunning young woman. The earrings, and aquamarines, are dazzling on her.

CEREMONIA DE ENTREGA DE LOS PREMIOS PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS - LEONOR DE BORBON BRILLA CON LUZ PROPIA EN LA ENTREGA DE PREMIOS PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS 2023 - Últimas noticias - ..:GTRESONLINE:..

Hm, from what I can see that's not exactly a PoW silhouette... but then they have very different figures and general tastes in clothing, so I'm not expecting Leonor to imitate Catherine. It might benefit her to look at some 50's styles for engagements and evening clothes.

And yes, aquamarines will always suit her due to her eyes and complexion.

Leo is also quite blessed in that she continues to have absolutely stunning hair AND she looks very well with it done up.

CEREMONIA DE ENTREGA DE LOS PREMIOS PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS - LEONOR DE BORBON BRILLA CON LUZ PROPIA EN LA ENTREGA DE PREMIOS PRINCESA DE ASTURIAS 2023 - Últimas noticias - ..:GTRESONLINE:..

Hm, from what I can see that's not exactly a PoW silhouette... but then they have very different figures and general tastes in clothing, so I'm not expecting Leonor to imitate Catherine. It might benefit her to look at some 50's styles for engagements and evening clothes.

And yes, aquamarines will always suit her due to her eyes and complexion.

Leo is also quite blessed in that she continues to have absolutely stunning hair AND she looks very well with it done up.

https://www.tatler.com/article/princess-of-wales-reopens-national-portrait-gallery

This is the outfit I was thinking of that the PoA's reminded me of. She is much more reserved than her sister in style but I look forward to watching it develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom