Education of the Wales Children, Part 2, 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's possible that they'll all go to Marlborough.

Doesn't George have three more years before he has to decide?

Two years really. He is currently 10 and will go to whichever school when he is 13 so in September, 2026. However the decision will be made long before then so he can be prepared. It isn't like the decision will be made the day before school starts in September, 2026.

Also, schools need to know in advance who is and isn't accepting places. OK, maybe they'd make an exception for the future king, but they still need to know if a place is available, so that it can be offered to someone else.

It's possible that George has his own ideas on this. OK, he's 10 years old and he'll have to do what his parents decide, but he may prefer one school over another, or he may want to go to the same school as his friends.

Doesn't George have three more years before he has to decide?

Typically, offers will be made in the next 3 months, and the family will have a few weeks to make a decision. A security deposit will then need to be paid to secure a place. For most families, that is the point at which you are committed. If money is no object, I guess you could pay a deposit at more than one school, but Prep schools typically stop you from doing that.

It's possible that George has his own ideas on this. OK, he's 10 years old and he'll have to do what his parents decide, but he may prefer one school over another, or he may want to go to the same school as his friends.

I do think William and Catherine will heavily consider George's choice. No parents wants to send a child to a school they do not want to go, especially a boarding school

Well, I cannot see Eton denying the little Prince! Under no circumstances!

Prep schools like the one George attends are good at managing expectations and getting families to focus on an appropriate range of senior schools from very early on. Even if William and Catherine were initially hoping for Eton for George, I don't think they'd force the issue if the school was telling them he'd struggle there. Especially since William saw first hand what it was like for Harry to be out of his depth at Eton.

There's been some talk about Oundle School in Norfolk, and now St Edward's in Oxfordshire is being mentioned.

There's been some talk about Oundle School in Norfolk, and now St Edward's in Oxfordshire is being mentioned.

I suspect this speculation will go on till KP put out an announcement in relation to the secondary school George will attend. That announcement may not come for another 2 years as he may not change schools till the academic year after he turns 13, in September 2026.

Back
Top Bottom