Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 3: April-September 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found where it's from well kinda the picture originated from this person on twitter

That's not a dog, that's a bear :D. Was the woman referring to the guy next to Kate as 'William'? If the picture is indeed from the engagement with the Irish Guards this past March, then William was in the Falklands. Interesting. Very interesting.

I think it was thought to be the Irish guards engagement on British Forces day from 2011 when William went and Catherine wore a navy dress and hat. But I think we now realise that it wasn't that engagement.

The Irish Guards event this March was for the distribution of shamrock - a different event

Quite sometime ago, the Duke and Duchess went to a private Military Family outing in Wales...only a couple of cell phone photos ever emerged. This picture looks similar to the others.

Looks like the same setting, clothes, etc...I think you found it! Now, do you know the date?

The date which I saved it is August 6th 2011 I'm pretty sure I saved it the same day it leaked or least a day or so afterwards

I hope this works (my first time trying to attach a photo). Anyways, I loved this picture. The whole family looked really happy watching Zara today, but this picture struck me as a genuine moment between these two.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120730_194406.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120730_194406.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 169
I hope this works (my first time trying to attach a photo). Anyways, I loved this picture. The whole family looked really happy watching Zara today, but this picture struck me as a genuine moment between these two.

That is a lovely photo. There is a bigger one floating around (I have no idea how to attach pictures) that shows they are holding hands. Very cute. They seem very relaxed and happy.

That is a lovely photo. There is a bigger one floating around (I have no idea how to attach pictures) that shows they are holding hands. Very cute. They seem very relaxed and happy.

I've never doubted they have a close/comfortable relationship. They almost always look this way when they are out together. I don't see either of them being willing to 'fake it' for the sake of the Monarchy...not after what happened with Charles and Diana.

LaRae

I've never doubted they have a close/comfortable relationship. They almost always look this way when they are out together. I don't see either of them being willing to 'fake it' for the sake of the Monarchy...not after what happened with Charles and Diana.

LaRae

I agree.

I think personality-wise neither are prone to overt displays of affection. IMHO that does not mean the affection isn't there, they just don't feel a need to demonstrate it to the world. :twocents:

I agree.

I think personality-wise neither are prone to overt displays of affection. IMHO that does not mean the affection isn't there, they just don't feel a need to demonstrate it to the world. :twocents:

I can relate...I'm not famous therefore don't have to worry about cameras catching my every move and then analyzing it.... my husband and I have never been into public displays it's just not our thing, private things should be kept private.

LaRae

I love the picture. They look very happy and in love :wub:.

LaRae

Completely agree.

I agree.

You're absolutely correct. I think William is a very reserved person, especially in front of press/cameras, but that doesn't mean he's that way at home. I'm a firm believer in 'less is more', and their glances and other small gestures say a lot more than a passionate kiss.

I can relate...I'm not famous therefore don't have to worry about cameras catching my every move and then analyzing it.... my husband and I have never been into public displays it's just not our thing, private things should be kept private.

LaRae

Completely agree. There's no need for us to see them locked in a passionate embrace. That ought to be something they can indulge in without worrying about prying eyes.

:previous:
Absolutely horrible. William and Kate look like they've had a Twilight makeover: that's probably how they'd look if they turned into vampires! :lol:

Artemisia said:
:previous:
Absolutely horrible. William and Kate look like they've had a Twilight makeover: that's probably how they'd look if they turned into vampires! :lol:

:ROFLMAO: great comparison. Whoever made these was most likely looking at the wrong pictures for inspiration.

Well what can I say? Nice try? Good attempt? Hmmm. A little better effort might have worked. Oh well. William looks ghastly by the way, not a very flattering image of him.

Kate's looks good, I actually like the hair on the wax figure better. It is longer and darker. Does William have pale eyebrows that are almost non existent?

Last edited:
William and Kate are going to the Paralympics?! But certain posters on this website were so sure that they wouldn't go because disabled people aren't 'glamorous' enough for them. :rolleyes:

I'm sure said posters will post their apologies and acknowledgements that they got things wrong as soon as they possibly can. Not.

William and Kate are going to the Paralympics?! But certain posters on this website were so sure that they wouldn't go because disabled people aren't 'glamorous' enough for them. :rolleyes:

I'm sure said posters will post their apologies and acknowledgements that they got things wrong as soon as they possibly can. Not.

TBH I don't think I've read anywhere on these threads where the Cambridges wouldn't go to the Paralympics because disabled athletes aren't "glamorous" or anything near that kind of statement. Perhaps I missed them?

To my knowledge, when it was announced, it was announced that William, Kate and Harry would be ambassadors for Team GB for both the Olympics and the Paralympics games. I never saw any question of them attending other than work commitments or such.

Osipi said:
TBH I don't think I've read anywhere on these threads where the Cambridges wouldn't go to the Paralympics because disabled athletes aren't "glamorous" or anything near that kind of statement. Perhaps I missed them?

To my knowledge, when it was announced, it was announced that William, Kate and Harry would be ambassadors for Team GB for both the Olympics and the Paralympics games. I never saw any question of them attending other than work commitments or such.

I never read anything about the attending the Paralympics games, I assumed William would be at work and Catherine would be at home.

I never read anything about the attending the Paralympics games, I assumed William would be at work and Catherine would be at home.

Y'know, I went back and found the article when it was announced and all it did say was that Wills and Kate would be ambassadors for Team GB for the Olympics and the Paralympics. Harry was only mentioned for the Olympics. Nothing really about them attending the Paralympics. I just kind of assumed that as ambassadors, they would be.

Now I'm wondering if there will be anywhere that the Paralympic opening, closing ceremonies and the games themselves will be televised anywhere in the US. I'd really like to see them.

Prince William and Kate Middleton to be Olympic Ambassadors - Royal Wedding | Prince William | Kate Middleton | Prince Harry | Pippa

Edited to add: Kind of answering my own question

This year's Paralympics are expected to draw their largest ever live television audience - except in the United States, where events will receive only minimal coverage and won't be screened as they happen, prompting anger from some fans and campaigners.

While viewers in countries including Brazil, China, Britain and Australia will enjoy several hours of coverage per day, U.S. audiences must contend with 5 1/2 hours of programming - some of which will air only after the 11-day competition in London has concluded on Sept. 9.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/more/news/20120823/paralympics-broadcasting/#ixzz24l66EswM

Last edited:
Well thats just wrong. There is no reason why it should not be televised in the U.S. I know there are plenty of people who would love to watch.

Well thats just wrong. There is no reason why it should not be televised in the U.S. I know there are plenty of people who would love to watch.

I'm definitely one that wants to watch. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom