Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did you not expect people to cheer or applaud,?

Mostly because the sports fans would probably be focused on other things such as trying to get through security, finding the entrance gate closest to their seats, looking for the rest of their party, getting their snacks/beverages or just that last minute dash to the restroom. Just those typical large sports event pre-game or match behaviors. ?

Mostly because the sports fans would probably be focused on other things such as trying to get through security, finding the entrance gate closest to their seats, looking for the rest of their party, getting their snacks/beverages or just that last minute dash to the restroom. Just those typical large sports event pre-game or match behaviors. ?

With an occupancy of around 80,000 a great deal of people would already be in their place, there are big screens showing the action, so it more than likely showed their arrival. I don't think they arrive that early to their seats, probably nearer the start time.

Spectators would have been in a happy mood as you thought, looking forward to a good day of sport, and as a previous poster pointed out they are popular.

They are both hands on in their roles with the respective rugby union team.
Or maybe people were just being polite who knows.

I hope Princess Charlotte gets to join them going to the games, soon. It would be nice
for him to have his sister there.

Last edited:
I hope Princess Charlotte gets to join them going to the games, soon. It would be nice
for him to have his sister there.
If Charlotte's parents believed that she would have an interest in attending then I believe she would be present. However she likely indicated that she didn't want to go.

She might enjoy playing rugby someday. Her mother loves sports. I hope she gets to a game and has fun.

If Charlotte's parents believed that she would have an interest in attending then I believe she would be present. However she likely indicated that she didn't want to go.

I also wondered if it is a way to ease George into events that are technically formal.

Yes he is there with his parents at the rugby but he is on show, being introduced to people, cameras flashing.

They are not sitting at the back of the stands with their rugby tops on.

Just like the football final , he is learning the difference between 'family days out' and duty. Just a thought.

I think it might be an "Easing George into events" strategy as well.

He was such a cutie!

I also wondered if it is a way to ease George into events that are technically formal.

Yes he is there with his parents at the rugby but he is on show, being introduced to people, cameras flashing.

Just like the football final , he is learning the difference between 'family days out' and duty. Just a thought.

I think this is probably it. Not that they're denying Charlotte an event she might enjoy because gender roles or even that she doesn't like rugby. It's to get George used to official duties in a fun and lower pressure way.

George is a lovely boy and obviously very shy. But I don't think I have ever seen that child smile.:sad:

Good point Hallo Girl. I believe that Prince William was around the same age when his parents began taking him to some events to ease him into his future role ie: When William would accompany his mother to Wimbledon matches. And he was around 8 years old when he accompanies his parents to a 1991 St. David's celebration in Wales.

Last edited:
Good point Hallo Girl. I believe that Prince William was around the same age when his parents began taking him to some events to ease him into his future role ie: When William would accompany his mother to Wimbledon matches. And he was around 8 years old when he accompanies his parents to a 1991 St. David's celebration in Wales.

It must be hard for a child to appreciate the difference , maybe that is why one poster commented on the lack of smiles. Although he smiled at the football when his team scored.

George is a lovely boy and obviously very shy. But I don't think I have ever seen that child smile.:sad:

You mean in public or at all? I recall many pictures of George smiling, for example here, in the 4 generation series, this birthday picture, as a toddler, another birthday picture (turning 2), and another birthday, turning 4, 8th birthday, laughing out loud while laying in the grass.

And this one was taken at an official event: the balcony (but with photographers and other non-familiar people far away).

Here he was also 'in the public eye' but with his grandparents watching his parents compete.

Last edited:
He looked pretty ecstatic at the football when the team scored. I've seen other pictures of him smiling, especially in his birthday photos but he does often look reserved when large crowds (and probably people calling his name) are involved as many kids would be. There was a couple where he clearly enjoyed the fly past etc. The other two seem less reserved in public but we haven't really seen them deal with crowds for a couple of years and a lot of things could have changed as they got older.

You mean in public or at all? I recall many pictures of George smiling, for example here, in the 4 generation series, this birthday picture, as a toddler, another birthday picture (turning 2), and another birthday, turning 4, laughing out loud while laying in the grass.

And this one was taken at an official event: the balcony (but with photographers and other non-familiar people far away).

Here he was also 'in the public eye' but with his grandparents watching his parents compete.

Thanks...he is sweet. He seems more reserved and "solemn" now than his siblings which is perfectly understandable.

He is the shy oldest one.

Seems like a successful trip, although I haven't been paying as close attention as usual with everything else going on. Those lambs were very sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you to those in the UK who have contributed to the appeal. 120 million pounds raised in a relatively short period of time is truly impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
It has been widely reported that the UK is actually turning people away from the Ukraine. Makes no sense

The government has pledged to take in hundreds of thousands of refugees a couple of days ago, hopefully the red tape and other problems get sorted out. But that doesn't negate the British public's response to the crisis or William and Kate's visit.

It IS important that they and other member of the BRF visit places like this right now (and other cultural centres for survivors of other conflicts too) in an official acknowledgement for all they're doing/going through way.

The government has pledged to take in hundreds of thousands of refugees a couple of days ago, hopefully the red tape and other problems get sorted out. But that doesn't negate the British public's response to the crisis or William and Kate's visit.

It IS important that they and other member of the BRF visit places like this right now (and other cultural centres for survivors of other conflicts too) in an official acknowledgement for all they're doing/going through way.

Thank you for the update Heavs on the government's pledge to take in large numbers of refugees from Ukraine. Also I agree that this should not take away from the various members of the BRF bringing attention to the humanitarian aid that is being organized in the United Kingdom.

The Cambridges will be offering assistance from The Royal Foundation.

William and Kate also offered assistance from their charitable foundation for children and young people suffering mental health problems and trauma from the war.

Last edited:
Why did William not wear the red uniform as CinC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom