Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 7: September 2016-September 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a video of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge from today's Anzac Day Service of Commemoration and Thanksgiving at Westminster Abbey.

At the ANZAC service, the Duchess of Cambridge is smiling too much. The commemoration is sad and the Duchess is not supposed to look as if she's at someone's birthday party.

I watched the above video and didn't see her smile like a birthday, but I did see Will walk on the Churchill memorial slab, and he's basically the one responsible for Anzac Day (not in a good way). Fairly sure you aren't supposed to do that, either.

Fairly sure both Duke and Duchess know at length what proper decorum and solemnity is, at this point.

At the ANZAC service, the Duchess of Cambridge is smiling too much. The commemoration is sad and the Duchess is not supposed to look as if she's at someone's birthday party.
Having watched the video, I have disagree with your view. IMO she behaved appropriately as she has at the many other memorial services that she has attended over the years.

I looked at the Daily Fail article and saw the same thing - lots of photos of her smiling, so then I looked at the YouTube clip and it confirmed my suspicions - the Daily Fail passive-aggressively posted pics of her smiling in the Abbey and during the service. Not surprised at all by their tactics to make Catherine look like she is being disrespectful, but it was nothing of the sort.

Catherine has been an official member of the BRF for over 10 years and she knows exactly how to behave. It's just the Daily Fail doing what they do best - creating drama-filled and fake news as click-bait

I've never heard of not walking on the memorial slabs in the Abbey, except of course for the Unknown Warrior. It's not as if there are bodies there.

I tried Googling but couldn't find anything to confirm or deny.

Are you...serious...?!:ohmy:

Yes, these are horrible memorials and IMO the Duchess is supposed to look sad. In the photographs she is smiling as if she is happy. To be fair to the Duchess, I did not watch the video and Prince William looked suitably grave in photographs.

Yes, these are horrible memorials and IMO the Duchess is supposed to look sad. In the photographs she is smiling as if she is happy. To be fair to the Duchess, I did not watch the video and Prince William looked suitably grave in photographs.

I would suggest that you watch the video Susan D. You'll be able to see that when the couple arrive at Westminster Abbey, that both of the Cambridges as well as the assembled dignitaries and clergy are smiling and exchanging greetings.

Here's the link to the video. I hope you choose to view it.

However all of the participants in the procession stop smiling when they enter into the main part of the Abbey.

I'm laughing myself silly over the claims the Duchess was looking too "happy" at a memorial service. Perhaps the royal family should start hiring professional Sicilian mourners to bring with them to these events to create the correct "sad" atmosphere. These events are about remembrance, and celebration, of the people who came before us and the sacrifices they made for us. Putting on a farce of a "sad" show is disrespectful. Are all the Australians and New Zealanders who throw a BBQ and have a beer on this day being disrespectful of their ancestors as well?

It's lovely to see that Catherine was wearing "Manchester bee" earrings. I've got two pairs. Wearing "Manchester bee" jewellery was an important way for those of us in the local area to express solidarity in the aftermath of the bombing, and it means a lot that she thought to do that.

It's lovely to see that Catherine was wearing "Manchester bee" earrings. I've got two pairs. Wearing "Manchester bee" jewellery was an important way for those of us in the local area to express solidarity in the aftermath of the bombing, and it means a lot that she thought to do that.

I hadn’t heard of the Manchester bee earrings until today. It is lovely that she thought to wear them.

In fact- I headed to the jewelry section after seeing her dress because I thought surely such unique earrings would have been commented on…and they were.

Here are some videos from today in Glasgow

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit to St John’s Primary School in Glasgow

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit to Kennishead in Glasgow

Thanks for the updates, photos and videos. There seems to have been a good sized crowd to meet them during the walkabout. ?

What is so special about this movie that the Duke and Duchess decided to attend?

I have no idea. There again I've never seen the point of any of these royal film gala jamborees.

I don't think there was even any great input from the British film industry. That at least would make some sense as a reason for a member of the rf to attend.

What is so special about this movie that the Duke and Duchess decided to attend?

It's the sequel to an extremely popular blockbuster from 1986, the release of which got delayed forever due to Covid. Much like the last Bond.

That's Tom Cruise next to Catherine, although I thought it was Dustin Hoffman. :cool:

The event is being held as a fundraising event in aid of The Film and TV Charity, which supports people working behind the scenes in the UK's screen sector.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdwR85Et_9t/

Information as to why the couple are attending.

https://filmtvcharity.org.uk/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdwR85Et_9t/

The premiere is in support of the work of @filmtvcharity which helps the tens of thousands of people working behind the scenes in the UK’s world-leading film and television industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visited Brixton House and marked Windrush Day 2022 today, June 22, by unveiling the National Windrush Monument by Jamaican artist Basil Watson at Waterloo Station.

Queen Elizabeth has sent a message prior to the unveiling:

** Pic ** Message ** dailymail article ** rex gallery ** rex gallery 2 **

** gettyimages gallery: GBR: The Duke & Duchess Of Cambridge Mark Windrush Day **

I am so glad to see Windrush Day being marked like this.

I think we may increasingly see this model of royal engagement which would previously have been carried out by HM and is now by either C&C or W&C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom