The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester Current Events 3: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Duchess of Gloucester was in Cornwall today, October 23, to visit Furniss Foods, The Ladder, the TR14ers Community Dance Charity Limited at Camborne Wesley Methodist Church and Portreath Bakery.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Beavering away as usual.:flowers:

On December 6 the Duke of Gloucester as Patron of the Construction Youth Trust presented the Broadgate Future Talent Awards at the Landing, Storey Club, London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

On February 7 the Duke of Gloucester officially opened Heathside School in Walton-on-Thames:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

As President of the Lutyens Trust he visited Munstead Wood in Godalming:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

And he presented The King's Award for Innovation to ipTEST Limited at Surrey Research Park in Guildford:

** Pic **

What a super trooper. Bravo!

No surprise. Of course the king can count on him (and his wife), especially now he himself, as well as the princess of Wales, isn't available to undertake such visits.

The Duke of Gloucester as Patron of Cathedral in Pilgrimage and the Duchess of Gloucester as Patron of the Cathedral Music Trust visited Hereford Cathedral today, February 19:

** Pic ** fb gallery **

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester attended the Commonwealth 75th Anniversary Service at St. Albans Cathedral today, March 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** rex gallery **

Sad to see it leave the family but I'm sure the Gloucester's children will find the money from it more useful than inheriting a huge expensive to run house

Sad to see it leave the family but I'm sure the Gloucester's children will find the money from it more useful than inheriting a huge expensive to run house
Sad as it may be, I am sure the Gloucester's and their children will be relieved that the property has been sold. The family haven't resided there in 30 years, and have even downsized within KP.

Exactly, the Gloucester's seem to be quite realistic about their position in the RF and are being quite practical about what is best for them and their children in the future. I wonder what they might do with all the jewels, The Duchess still has a number of tiaras (6 at least) which seems an awful lot to leave to their children who won't really have a need for them.
The downsizing from Apartment 1 to the Old stables will I suspect have meant a good sort out of furniture and other bits already.

Exactly, the Gloucester's seem to be quite realistic about their position in the RF and are being quite practical about what is best for them and their children in the future. I wonder what they might do with all the jewels, The Duchess still has a number of tiaras (6 at least) which seems an awful lot to leave to their children who won't really have a need for them.
The downsizing from Apartment 1 to the Old stables will I suspect have meant a good sort out of furniture and other bits already.
They will probably sell some and keep others

I wonder what they might do with all the jewels, The Duchess still has a number of tiaras (6 at least) which seems an awful lot to leave to their children who won't really have a need for them.
They have a lovely jewellery colelction, larger in size than that of many European Queens. I just don't think their children will have much use for most of it. I suspect there will be a big sale at some stage, probably aftethe current Duke and Duchess have passed.

They have already sold quite a lot of furntiture at auction. This happended a few years ago where they teamed up with the Harewoods and sold quite a lot of furniture and personal effects. That sale probably included furniture from Barnwell and from KP1.

They have a lovely jewellery colelction, larger in size than that of many European Queens. I just don't think their children will have much use for most of it. I suspect there will be a big sale at some stage, probably aftethe current Duke and Duchess have passed.

They have already sold quite a lot of furntiture at auction. This happended a few years ago where they teamed up with the Harewoods and sold quite a lot of furniture and personal effects. That sale probably included furniture from Barnwell and from KP1.
Back in September 2022!
Antiques from the Queen’s cousin’s former manor to go on sale

I'm thrilled about the King giving the Duchess the Garter. The Gloucesters have given years of service and never expected praise. Wonderful when you remember that they expected to have a private life and it was only the death of William of Gloucester which thrust them into the limelight.

I'm thrilled about the King giving the Duchess the Garter. The Gloucesters have given years of service and never expected praise. Wonderful when you remember that they expected to have a private life and it was only the death of William of Gloucester which thrust them into the limelight.
I agree… They if anyone were not destined to live the life they are doing… Richard was even working as a professional architect and Birgitte at the embassy when everything changed and they were catapulted into both the Dukedom and a full time royal life…. And what a way they have fulfilled their role ever since !

Back
Top Bottom