Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the coat, the boots and the bag. Casual but still very smart and pulled together.

Two very interesting daytime work outfits. The first blue look seems as though the jacket is a tweedy kind of blazer, not a suit. Such an unusual blouse with it and matched earrings. The second black outfit was hard to,see but the drapes blouse was becoming and loved the cut out shoes

wow, wonder why in the same day she changed outfits? both look lovely very business like

I love the blue blazer & earrings from the first outfit and the black shoes from the second outfit.

Last edited:
Mary looks gorgeous on both occasions, though I think that if I had to chose a favourite; outfit one would get my vote.

Pretty scarf at the Free from Bullying conference.

The Isabel marant red silk blouse is gorgeous. Love the ruffled neckline and big cuffs and the detail of a little gathering at the sides of the blouse under the front yoke. Great color too. The shoes look silly with the black tights

Crown Princess Mary in casual clothes met the Danish National Team for the European Short Course Championships in December today, November 13:

** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

The dress she wore for the twin’s christening?

I don't think they are the same dress, either. Both look good.

Always happy to see that fabulous DVF red coat make an appearance!

I don’t think they are the same dress as the christening one seems to have a deeper neckline, gathers at the shoulders, and a lighter fabric. Today’s dress looks like wool to me. Gorgeous dress and coat, needed a small scarf

I wouldn't call it gorgeous. Kind of blah, not memorable. Lovely color though.

But the coat I am in love with. Stunning color. Beautifully tailored. In love :flowers:

The blue needs a scarf, brooch, some kind of accessory to give it a boost.

Looking at the photos more closely, I think this blue dress is definitely not the christening dress, but another blue dress she first wore in 2015:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/26/27/9f/26279ffc24b85b0710884ea134983b0d.jpg
compared to the christening dress:
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/...es-Revealed-Christening-Vincent-Josephine.jpg
http://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/df4c2a7e4420d8edc4af89b79c3a4ee8

Differences:
1. shoulder
2. seam lines on the chest
3. neckline height
4. waistline and the pleats below

It should be clear to see with a better quality photo

Crown Princess Mary looked really good. I loved her coat and that dress has such a good fit. Wonderfully rich colors. Also loved her hair styled like this. Also good choice of accessories.
I'd say after seeing what Victoria and Letizia wore, Mary looked refreshingly stylish and effortlessly elegant.

She looks great. I love the dress and coat. Very elegant.

I really like the dress but absolutely love the red coat. Hair and make up also looked great. Beautiful look.

I love those red trousers together with the black. Mary looks as elegant and stylish as ever.

Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2017 -

I can see Stephanie of Luxembourg wearing those trousers. :flowers: But she'd get trounced about them.

I think wide trousers very much depend on who is wearing them as some people can wear them well whereas they don’t suit others. I don’t judge fashion choices based on how well I like the individual as I like Stephanie very much, but I do think Mary suits these kinds of trousers better - without wanting to turn this discussion into a comparison.

I think wide trousers very much depend on who is wearing them as some people can wear them well whereas they don’t suit others. I don’t judge fashion choices based on how well I like the individual as I like Stephanie very much, but I do think Mary suits these kinds of trousers better - without wanting to turn this discussion into a comparison.

Understood, but the difference between being beat up or lauded for fashion choices is significant. :ermm:

I can see Stephanie of Luxembourg wearing those trousers. :flowers: But she'd get trounced about them.

Stephanie gets trounced because 1. hers aren't just wide, she is often swimming in them, like she could fit in one leg 2. they are so long, they puddle and hide the toe of her shoes. Mary's don't fall into either category.

I love the red, and I don't mind the style. But I hate the high waist, and I really hate the black bow belt in front. Too immature. :sad:

I quite like the black top though. Very nice tough. :flowers:

High-waisted and boot cut styles usually make more flattering silhouettes vs. wide-leg shapless trousers. That is why Mary wears her wide-leg trousers so much better and nothing looks flabby. No, she looks tall and slim.
She didn't add some boxy jacket but completed her look with relaxed black top. I don't quite like that black ribbon around her waist. Normal belt would do. But overall look is simple, yet stylish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom