Camilla and The Public

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, so you thought the Worshippers of Saint Diana were the only allowed to pretend they know everything about that marriage and the people involved in it?

I think that quote of yours "Worshippers of Saint Diana " says it all really. Time to move on people.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

They have moved on. Diana is in a pretty grave and they have their lives. Camilla is liked by some, tolerated by many and dislike by others. It doesn't matter. He loves her. He has from the beginning. They have a wonderful marriage. It is just when you play you pay. They seem to have gotten discount prices.

It's sad that peopl3 on here get so insecure when something positive is said about Camilla that they continue to bring up ancient history just to bring her back down.

I was and still am a huge Diana fan. I also knew though Diana wasn't perfect, I'm also willing to admit how the marriage broke down and Camilla's part in it, did affect my view and opinion of Camilla ten years ago.

Funny thing happened over the years. I grew up and also realized a couple of things. She really and truly makes Charles happy. The PoW is the most relaxed I've seen him in years and a good part of that is due to Camilla. He knows she's there for him no matter what, and knowing that about your Partner when you live the life they do, is huge!!

Also William and Harry have accepted her. That, especially for William, could not have been easy to do.

She has become a hard working Member of the Royal Family and that was acknowledged by The Queen when she made Camilla a Dame of the Royal Victorian Order (I'm thinking it's Dame Grand Cross, but as I'm going by memory...). HM doesn't give that honour out unless it's been well and truly earned.

AFAIC it's close to 20 yrs since Diana's death and it's more than time for some to move on, grow up or both.

I will always have a special place in my heart for Diana. Always. Camilla has earned my respect over the last decade however and for me to say that is something I never thought would happen.

Proof I'm growing in maturity. What a scary thought. ;) :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Tiggersk8,

Thanks for posting your opinion on Camilla. Now I don't have to.

Camilla is 67 years old. The media is mostly interested in 20-35 year olds. The 20-35 years olds are not interested in a 60+ woman, especially a woman who is matronly.

If we are talking personally, no I wasnt in the Mall at the time of the royal wedding. I was among the crowds before Diana's funeral, however, and the mood there was, for a monarchist, very strange.

I am neither a teenager nor young, (and why should they be stigmatised anyway, as 'shallow' readers of Morton etc.) Young people arent interested in Camilla or the deceased Diana, anyway. Do Camilla admirers only read 'Majesty' and similar magazines? I can remember the Queen as a very young woman.

There are some people who don't like Camilla. A great deal of it has to do with views on Charles's first marriage and his adultery, (and yes, Diana cheated too, but she is dead.) There is a reason why she will never be accepted by a section of the population and that's it.

No, Camilla probably will never be fully accepted. Historically, her copybook is forever blotted, but the woman is doing her job folks. She has made Charles happy once again and she works very hard as a senior member of the royal family.

Although I'm a huge admirer of Charles's late wife, I know it's been time to leave the past behind and move forward. Camilla has come a long way and the time is getting nearer on whether she'll be Queen or Princess Consort. Either way, Camilla will do her job, and I think that's the important thing.

It was clearly audible on the tapes from the day.

The booing story has been proven a fake.
The boos were added to video after filming.

Really ? Who would do that ? Source, please

Sorry - I heard them on the tapes I made because I was at the football - so taped live and they were definitely there. Friends, who also watched it live also heard them.

I remember hearing it but was too excited to really care. So I don't see how it was added unless it was delay. And who would go to the trouble to do that.

I didn't hear any booing from the crowd in the mall during the Royal Wedding carriage procession or the diamond jubilee carriage procession when Camillia was sitting next to The Queen.

It was clearly audible on the tapes from the day.

The booing story has been proven a fake.
The boos were added to video after filming.
It appears we have a questionable situation. Perhaps if someone could check the sources of the tapes in question we might know for sure.

As an aside, way back in 2011 when London was engulfed by anti-cuts protests that turned into violent riots, arosn and looting by splinter groups, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall were caught up in the violence and their car attacted and Camilla assaulted. Mischievous posters referred to the royal couple as being the subject and target of the rioters. Weirdly others actually believed them.

Queen Camilla said the boo's were added so I would like to know how that could have happened.

Queen Camilla said the boo's were added so I would like to know how that could have happened.

You can add sound to a video or a recording of some type afterwards. There are multiple computer programs that allow you to do this. It's quite easy.

I watched the wedding live from start to finish, therefore nothing could have been added and I heard the boos quite clear.

I know you can had it later but not live. So we agree we heard boos

Live broadcasts are not really live there is a short delay.

'Live' broadcasts are actually taped. There is a delay of 7 seconds to several minutes depending on the network broadcasting the program.

The broadcaster's view of the wedding and the views of people on the street is not the same.

The broadcaster's booth is not usually located near the people and so they cannot hear individual people. They can pick up a roar in the crowd but not a few people booing.

Because of the location of the broadcaster's booth, they can see thing before the general public so they can edit or add to the taped broadcast.

Last edited:
So who added it then

I really think your clutching at straws to say someone added it in. Why ?? Who ?? When ??

I have heard of conspiracy theories but this takes the cake ha ha ha

Last edited by a moderator:
To add it to the live broadcast would have meant having the exact second of arriving as the delay is only around 7 - 9 seconds.

There were people at the Abbey who reported hearing the boos from people near them.

There has never been any suggestion, that I have seen, of any boos other than at the Abbey so people in The Mall wouldn't have heard any anyway given the distance between the venues (and I do know what that distance is having walked it a number of times).

I no longer have the tapes - watching it once was enough - but I do remember the boos and had a number of friends and colleagues ask me about the booing - who was being booed, why etc (not royal watchers and no interest in any royals) on the Monday after the wedding when we returned to school.

So a bunch of middle-aged hags or stupid republicans booed to the Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall. So what? Nothing will change because of handful of idiots.

So what .. is that nobody added them in and camilla devotees can't just lie to get the outcome they want. Whoever they may have been( and nice stereo by the way ) they were booed case closed

Without debating ad infinitum if C&C were or were not booed by a select few outside the Abbey at the wedding of William and Catherine, it is clear that they are well respected in public. I have never heard of any incident where they may have been booed in public since their wedding.

The booing was inaudible to me...the most likely candidates for boos were George Osborne, Nick Clegg, David Cameron, and ABOVE all, the universally loathed Tony Blair...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom