Queen Camilla's Patronages 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Camilla as President of the Royal Voluntary Service visited the newly opened Meadows Community Centre in Cambridge today, February 2:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Queen Camilla attended a musical evening at Salisbury Cathedral today, February 8. The event supported a number of local charities, Queen Camilla is Patron of.

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Queen Camilla attended a musical evening at Salisbury Cathedral today, February 8. The event supported a number of local charities, Queen Camilla is Patron of.

** gettyimages gallery ** dailymail article **

It has been reported that Camilla drove 5 hours from Sandringham to Salisbury for this engagement, after the local helipad was flooded following the storms. She will spend the night at Ray Mill and drive back to Sandringham tomorrow.

It has been reported that Camilla drove 5 hours from Sandringham to Salisbury for this engagement, after the local helipad was flooded following the storms. She will spend the night at Ray Mill and drive back to Sandringham tomorrow.

I'm glad that she was able to attend the engagement despite the storm problems.
That's a long drive for a woman with a history of back issues.:ermm:

That's commitment. Glad that she was able to drive in.

I'm glad that she was able to attend the engagement despite the storm problems.
That's a long drive for a woman with a history of back issues.:ermm:

Indeed. There would also be the c5 hour drive back today.

I don't believe this report on the BBC News/Culture website (Queen Camilla chooses novel imagining Charles as hostage for book club) which mentions The Telegraph story (The Queen selects once-scandalous thriller for book club). The articles claim Her Majesty chose "The Lord's Day" by Dobbs as a recommended read on her Reading Room site. I read the book. It's a good read but I cannot ever believe the Queen would have promoted it because it deals with a horrifying kidnapping of the King and his mother. I searched the Queen's Reading Room site and did not see the book listed, but I don't see a retraction or correction of the story by the BBC. Does anyone know if she ever listed the book or is the whole story a hoax?

I don't believe this report on the BBC News/Culture website (Queen Camilla chooses novel imagining Charles as hostage for book club) which mentions The Telegraph story (The Queen selects once-scandalous thriller for book club). The articles claim Her Majesty chose "The Lord's Day" by Dobbs as a recommended read on her Reading Room site. I read the book. It's a good read but I cannot ever believe the Queen would have promoted it because it deals with a horrifying kidnapping of the King and his mother. I searched the Queen's Reading Room site and did not see the book listed, but I don't see a retraction or correction of the story by the BBC. Does anyone know if she ever listed the book or is the whole story a hoax?
The Lords Day was one of the selected books for the current series of the book club, the BBC is correct.

Reactions: csw
Back
Top Bottom