A Baby Girl for Willem-Alexander and Maxima: December 7, 2003

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice name :flower: Being somewhat obsessed with names :blush: I've got good reasons to think it sounds nice. And it's international.

Isn't Amalia more Portuguese than Spanish? Anyway, it's a nice name.

I´ve just found this on the benelux royals MB
;) ;) ;)

Attachments

• beatrix.JPG
    beatrix.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 433
Ha ha ha!!! I love that picture. Someone should frame it and send it to the royal couple.

Catharina is such a pretty name. It reminds me a little bit of an American thing to do, put an -a at the end of everything, (like my parents did with my name). Too bad it's not Emma though, I was kind of starting to get used to the idea. Well, maybe for their next girl?

Good grief, she looks like one of them. The princess already has enough hair as it is.

IBL - Netherlands, The Hague, 7 Dezember 2003, Happy Queen Beatrix arrives At Bronovo Hospital where the child of prince WillemAlexander and PrincessMaxima today is born. Prince Johan Friso and Mabel Wisse Smit.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 437
IBL - Netherlands, The Hague, 7 December 2003-Happy Queen Beatrix arrives At Bronovo Hospital where the child of prince Willem Alexander and Princess Maxima today is born.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 390
IBL - The Hague, Holland. The Hague, Crownprince Willem Alexander leaves Bronovo Hospital in The Hague where his first child is born.

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_507j.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_507j.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 402
A display shows images of the one day-old new Dutch princess on cupcakes, which were baked in Amsterdam at the bakery of Arnold Cornelis, December 8, 2003. Dutch Crown Prince Willem-Alexander's wife Princess Maxima gave birth to a baby girl on Sunday, sparking royal celebrations. REUTERS/Maartje Blijdenstein

Attachments

• baker.jpg
    baker.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 187
Oh, I would love to be a dutch in these days! They are able to show their emotions, and they feel with their Royal house. For them it´s like a won soccer-match (which they almost never win :p ).

I agree, Lena! I would like to be an honorary Dutch person for the week! They seem to celebrate so much and so well with wonderful events like these. They seem to be very affectionate and open with their affection and love for the royal family. Where else would you see little orange tarts with pictures of the new princess as decorations! I hope her family will keep these pictures and newspaper stories and tell her about how much love and what a welcome she received when she was born.

when Maxima and her baby will get out of Hospital ?

Sara Boyce

Sara,
Maxima and baby left the hospital the same day the new princess was born.

Her Royal Highness Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Oranje-Nassau!

The little princess looks more like Beatrix.

The way Dutch people celebrate is sooo unique and delicious! I love the tarts!! I like the informality of it.

I found very amusing the pic of baby Catharina-Amalia with Queen Beatrix's hair do. Those tarts look delicious :p

As far as we know Laurentien and Const. didn't visit the hospital? Are they living now in Holland?

people trust me, to us (the Dutch) it's not that of a big thing. Women are crazy about it but most of the guy's don't care and today at school a teacher was talking about abolishing the monarchy, so it is not one big party as most people think. but because it is such an important event there are a lot of products orange these day's, and that gives it the idea of a party. Most of the people I know don't even care about anything royal, unlike myself :p

I don´t know if Constantijn and Laurentien visited WA,Maxima and Amalia already.No,I think they are still living in London??ß

I thought that one of the reasons Constantijn and Laurentien both left their jobs in London was so that they could move back to Holland and support the Queen more in her royal duties following Prince Claus' death. (And also so that Eloise could be raised surrounded by her Dutch culture and Grandma Beatrix.)

As far as I know, Constantijn and Laurentien didn't visit Maxima and Catharina-Amalia in the hospital; probably because they left so soon after her birth. The only family members to visit Maxima and daughter in the hospital were the Queen, Johan Friso and Mabel and Maxima's mom. But perhaps Constantijn, Laurentien and Eloise visited Maxima and baby at home. I can't imagine the couple wouldn't welcome their new niece and future Queen in the days following her birth when so many citizens were doing it, too.

Polfoto 09-12-2003: Dutch Prince Willem-Alexander smiles, flanked by the mayor of The Hague Wim Deetman, when he enters the City Hall to register his daughter, who was born last Sunday, Tuesday 9 December 2003 at the former Cityhall in The Hague. The name of the girl is Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria.

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_508h.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_508h.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 160
Polfoto 09-12-2003: Dutch Prince Willem-Alexander shows his present, watched by Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende, after he registrated his daughter, who was born last Sunday, Tuesday 9 December 2003 at the former Cityhall in The Hague. The name of the girl is Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria.

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_508g.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_508g.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 196
Polfoto 09-12-2003: Dutch Prince Willem-Alexander shows his present, watched by Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende, after he registrated his daughter, who was born last Sunday, Tuesday 9 December 2003 at the former Cityhall in The Hague. The name of the girl is Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria.

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_508gg.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_508gg.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 192

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_508ggg.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_508ggg.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 160
Polfoto 08-12-2003: Dutch Prince Willem-Alexander shows his presents after he registrated his daughter, who was born last Sunday, Tuesday 9 December 2003 at the former Cityhall in The Hague. The name of the girl is Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria.

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_509a.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_509a.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 178
Polfoto 08-12-2003: Dutch Prince Willem-Alexander shows his presents after he registrated his daughter, who was born last Sunday, Tuesday 9 December 2003 at the former Cityhall in The Hague. The name of the girl is Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria.

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_509b.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_509b.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 159

Attachments

• NL_baby_birth_509c.jpg
    NL_baby_birth_509c.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 244
Originally posted by Danjel@Dec 9th, 2003 - 4:11 am
Her Royal Highness Catharina-Amalia Beatrix Carmen Victoria, Princess of the Netherlands, Princess of Oranje-Nassau!
What a beautiful name for the little Queen to be.... Good choices. I love it when people choose the unexpected...

:)

Chanel

Dennism  Posted: Dec 9th, 2003 - 2:20 pm

Hey !!!!!!!!!!!!!.... take those pics off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice, peach tarts, never had those before. Here I cooooommeeeee ......... !!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom