The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810
Okay, now I'm getting confused is it totally public? Meaning no one has to pay to go there? That's the difference in America between public and private, you must pay for a private school. Therefore children of more well known people attend private schools the schools are smaller and sometimes associated with a religion. Not that all private schools are that way but there's usually a certain type that chooses to go there and the students there definitely have extra guidelines that are followed then at public schools. Private schools here are also known as having higher education goals. So at Fred's high school would you see regular people's children there or is the majority of students from well to do families?
Yes its totally public and you dont have to pay to go to that high school and the majority is regular kids Most ppl in Denmark attend normal high schools. we dont have that many privates.
The most pristigious school in Denmark is Herlufsholm where many rich kids attend, but the royals have never went to that school and as for prince Christian i will expect that he start in a high school in the Copenhagen area and a very public one too.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1
Both Dutch princesses Amalia and Alexia attend Day care, Maxima talked about it during her Australian visit last year.
Norwegian princess Ingrid attends Day care, there was a photo opportunity the day she started and then the press were asked to let allow her to play and interact with other children without being photographed.

Even William and Harry attended nursery school, although they were a little older.
Yes, I already did some research and posted that I realize now it isn't that strange. I'm still learning about royalty, in one way I understand they must do normal things to appeal more to the public. But at the same time I would think that the public wouldn't want them to be too normal b/c then what is the difference really. Does that make sense? On one hand I don't want them to be too different from me that I can't connect with them but at the same time I wouldn't want them to be so similar to everyone else that the sparkle of royalty gets lost in the mix. Know what I'm saying? It seems like a fine line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betina
Yes its totally public and you dont have to pay to go to that high school and the majority is regular kids Most ppl in Denmark attend normal high schools. we dont have that many privates.
The most pristigious school in Denmark is Herlufsholm where many rich kids attend, but the royals have never went to that school and as for prince Christian i will expect that he start in a high school in the Copenhagen area and a very public one too.
Interesting Betina, pardon all my questions before but I'm just trying to learn.

Old 03-24-2007, 07:50 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Interesting Betina, pardon all my questions before but I'm just trying to learn.
That is totally ok Just keep asking its why we are here. Wish you good weekend
Old 03-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

isnt christian abit too young for day care? how many hours does he have to go for?
Old 03-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Courtier

How old were Alexia, Amalia and Ingrid when they started day care ?
Old 03-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Okay, now I'm getting confused is it totally public? Meaning no one has to pay to go there? That's the difference in America between public and private, you must pay for a private school. Therefore children of more well known people attend private schools the schools are smaller and sometimes associated with a religion. Not that all private schools are that way but there's usually a certain type that chooses to go there and the students there definitely have extra guidelines that are followed then at public schools. Private schools here are also known as having higher education goals. So at Fred's high school would you see regular people's children there or is the majority of students from well to do families?

Just a couple slight sticking points. I am not a child of a well-known person nor am I a well-known person myself and I went to private school. I kinda got the feeling you were making private schools out to be some exclusive enclave, which some are...but most aren't. I went to an all-girls Catholic H.S. that was for those in the surrounding neighborhoods to attend. I can also attest that none of the girls in my H.S. were kids of well-known people. I didn't live in that part of Chicago, nor did I wish to.

And there are a TON of public schools with education goals higher than private schools. New Trier in Winnetka, Illinois for example. It is consistently rated the top public H.S. in the entire country. My sister went to the top public H.S. in the state of Georgia.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Serene Highness

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine
Just a couple slight sticking points. I am not a child of a well-known person nor am I a well-known person myself and I went to private school. I kinda got the feeling you were making private schools out to be some exclusive enclave, which some are...but most aren't. I went to an all-girls Catholic H.S. that was for those in the surrounding neighborhoods to attend. I can also attest that none of the girls in my H.S. were kids of well-known people. I didn't live in that part of Chicago, nor did I wish to.

And there are a TON of public schools with education goals higher than private schools. New Trier in Winnetka, Illinois for example. It is consistently rated the top public H.S. in the entire country. My sister went to the top public H.S. in the state of Georgia.
I described a private high school and then if you notice I followed it up with "Not that all private high schools are that way". I was just trying to ask and explain in a way where I could really get a feel for the type of school Fred went to. I wanted to know if Fred's school was the type of school that "well knowns" would attend or not.

Gee, I really didn't mean to start anything I was just trying to understand the differences between Denmark schools and American schools. I understand there are exceptions and some public schools are very good. But also remember America is a big place and our school systems are not nationally equal to each other. Some states have better systems than others. I also understand that there are different types of private schools: the ones that are more open to lots of people and the ones that are very exclusive. And that's what I was trying to get at with the questions I was asking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
isnt christian abit too young for day care? how many hours does he have to go for?
I haven't heard how many hours Christian will attend yet. But apparently it is common in Scandinavian countries to start at age 1 at a daycare so Christian is obviously a little past that.
Old 03-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Does anyone know what kind of daycare it is? Like a nursery school thing? Or just simply daycare for when his parents can't be with him? Or is it a daycare that is designed to help Christian get more used to being with other kids his age?

This seems a little strange to me especially since Mary has wrapped up her public appearances already. But then again I can't read this press release b/c I don't speak Danish. So if someone could just explain a little more about this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.
Danish Royal Watchers: Christian to begin nursery school

Courtesy Gigi & Lotte.

It's perfectly normal for a kid his age to go to nursery school in Denmark,as is explained in the article.

NO tutoring at home a là the last century please,the earlyer kids learn to commucate with lots of others their age the better.
Old 03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Serene Highness

Thanks Lucien. I don't know why I didn't think to look at the Danish Royal Watchers. Of course they would have stuff in english that I could read. Silly me!
Old 03-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Commoner

I wonder if we can see a video online of the photocall Tuesday? I can't wait for the pictures though. Christian is such a cutie
Old 03-25-2007, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
I haven't heard how many hours Christian will attend yet. But apparently it is common in Scandinavian countries to start at age 1 at a daycare so Christian is obviously a little past that.
Thank you, thats intresting.because many parts of the world that too young. but then its a good thing to interact with people at a very young age.
Old 03-25-2007, 03:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling
Thank you, thats intresting.because many parts of the world that too young. but then its a good thing to interact with people at a very young age.

Yeah, in the US nursery school is usually started [if you choose to put your child there] at around age 3, pre-school at about age 4 and then kindergarten at about age 5. Now all this is dependent on when the child was born. As a rule, if you were born during or after September, you had to wait a year as you had to be a certain age when the school year started, not turning that age during the year.

My sister had to wait a year before she could start school because her birthday is in December.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 03-26-2007, 07:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I think they are doing the rigth thing to let photographers take pictures of them tomorow!!!They really know how to handle with people

So Prince Christian will have security with him inside the Kindergarten?
Old 03-26-2007, 10:15 AM
Courtier

We'll have pictures of the little Kingaroo starting school tomorrow? How great!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Heir Apparent

I can't wait to see the pictures I think we will see him walking for the first time!
Old 03-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Serene Highness

I hope the experience isn't too traumatic for him and hope he won't cry.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 03-26-2007, 05:40 PM
Serene Highness

I don't think he'll cry. I'll be surprised if he does. I think that is at least one benefit of him going off to nursery school now, he's likely not aware of the significance. Not like a child that is at age 5. I remember seeing pics of Princess Elisabeth going to school and she looked scared and timid, but that was when she was 5, so she was well aware of everything.

Also I was wondering when the traditional school year begins in Denmark? Maybe it's because this is only nursery school but it just seems like a weird time of year to start school. But I don't know that much about Denmark so maybe all schools are starting soon there.
Old 03-26-2007, 05:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Also I was wondering when the traditional school year begins in Denmark? Maybe it's because this is only nursery school but it just seems like a weird time of year to start school. But I don't know that much about Denmark so maybe all schools are starting soon there.
Schools start in August in Denmark; admittance to 'vuggestue' (nursery 'school' - no schooling involved however) and 'børnehave' (kindergarten) does not have to be at any specific time of year.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:41 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurberryBrit
I hope the experience isn't too traumatic for him and hope he won't cry.
I don't think Christian will be the one crying...I think Mary, and Fred too, will be leaving the nursery school with tears in their eyes
Old 03-27-2007, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

He looks a bit astonished and not to confortable!Hope he is having a good time now with his new friends! Mary looks really good with her jeans! Hope to see real good photos!Hope know he will be left alone on his new school and that each time Mary will leave him there, the reporters will not be there!!!

Tags
prince christian