William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

You could well be right about that, but the "legendary perhaps mythical" friend said at the time that Kate was blaming the royal family for breaking them up.
Only she knows the truth, but it was said at the time that Prince Charles told William that if he had no intention of marrying her it would be better/kinder to stop now - and this I find very telling - Prince William did.
Then after a very short time Kate was frequenting the same places that he was, mixing with the same friends he was, and it was about then that I started not to like her, it was true that these friends and places were what she had become accustomed to from the time she became Prince William´s girlfriend and probably she would never have put her foot in there if it weren´t for that friendship(?) and if he had broken up with her for a no marriage reason then she either didn´t mind it being that kind of relationship or she did everything within her power to get it back to what it was. Perhaps she has managed it, perhaps she hasn´t, but it seems to me she was the one that chased him not the other way round, but then only they know the truth.

Then after a very short time Kate was frequenting the same places that he was, mixing with the same friends he was, and it was about then that I started not to like her, it was true that these friends and places were what she had become accustomed to from the time she became Prince William´s girlfriend and probably she would never have put her foot in there if it weren´t for that friendship(?) and if he had broken up with her for a no marriage reason then she either didn´t mind it being that kind of relationship or she did everything within her power to get it back to what it was.

I don't totally understand what you mean here, but from what I've read, Kate and William were a part of the same group of friends at university long before they started dating. So probably these people were as much her friends as his friends.

Only she knows the truth, but it was said at the time that Prince Charles told William that if he had no intention of marrying her it would be better/kinder to stop now - and this I find very telling - Prince William did.

That's basically why I think this relationship is now past the "we can just breakup because I feel like it" phase....there were plenty of opportunities offered, I believe that.

Well I believe they are together because they want to be together.

I think that's absolutely the key, Lady Ann. If they didn't want to be together, they wouldn't be. That's obviously not the case!

I don't totally understand what you mean here, but from what I've read, Kate and William were a part of the same group of friends at university long before they started dating. So probably these people were as much her friends as his friends.

I can´t believe that William didn´t have any friends in London before he went to Scotland and that they all came down to join his set....no I am talking about the friends he has had since he was a boy and they were mainly from the upper classes and the aristocracy and I don´t think that Kate would have met any of them before she became William´s girlfriend.

Maybe she would not have met them in another situation, but she has been with him for 5 to 8 years which ever you hear and agree with. So maybe she has become part of that crowd !! I made friends with my Ex's friends & have been married a long time now and still keep in contact with some of MY(HIS) old friends... maybe she ended up closer to some of them, then William himself is stranger things have happened ... we will never know... and opinions differ on this some say they were never really apart and she was told to stay with his friends and some share your opinion.... no one is wrong since we don't really know .. to each their own....right???

I think Kate's more embedded in this circle than many think. She did attend Marlborough College, the same school that Princess Eugenie finished at last year. She would have mixed with members of the upper classes and aristocracy while studying there. I don't think Prince William is her only link to these people.

I think everyone should just relax. William is not getting married anytime soon. It's just not going to happen. Didn't he just get out of shcool, plus he still need's to see the world. He's still a bit young atleast to make a good husband. The two really should be in love before the trip down the alter, besides nobody is getting in the way Harry has already seen to it.

I believe Kate and William had several mutual friends before they started dating. One of them was Guy Pelly, who attended the same collage as Pippa (from what I remember, they were housemates as well).
Kate is not a member of the upper class but her family was/is fairly well-connected.

I think everyone should just relax. William is not getting married anytime soon. It's just not going to happen. Didn't he just get out of shcool, plus he still need's to see the world. He's still a bit young atleast to make a good husband. The two really should be in love before the trip down the alter, besides nobody is getting in the way Harry has already seen to it.

William is 28.

He left school at 18.

He then had a gap year before spending 4 years at university.

He then had another gap year before joining the military where he has been serving for the last three years.

He left school 10 years ago.

He has been seeing Kate for at least the last 6 - 8 years and she appears to have been really the only girl in all that time.

To me it is more a matter of when, not if, these two are going to get married.

William is 28.

He left school at 18.

He then had a gap year before spending 4 years at university.

He then had another gap year before joining the military where he has been serving for the last three years.

He left school 10 years ago.

He has been seeing Kate for at least the last 6 - 8 years and she appears to have been really the only girl in all that time.

To me it is more a matter of when, not if, these two are going to get married.

Oh well, I left school seven years ago, knowing my boyfriend 6 years now, but we are both sure that we are not sure :D To be honest: William IS really young and I don't think, he will marry before he's 30. Today you're much longer "young" than in other generations. And most of all - he's a man. Don't matter, if he's 40 when he marries because he can produce an heir also in that age... So, I don't understand all this hurry - as much as I don't doubt that the relationship with Kate maybe is a serious thing. But remember two years ago there were finished wedding-souvenirs and then came the first split... What I mean with that: we can't be sure of something because we know nothing except seeing pictures in which Middleton acccompanies William - and yes at least a vid in which they kiss each other.

Those wedding souvenirs were silliness coming from a company looking to make a profit, though. They didn't come from William and Kate or the royals. The "pressure" to marry has been put on by the media, mostly, IMO. I think they'll marry if and when they're ready, and not before.

Those wedding souvenirs were silliness coming from a company looking to make a profit, though. They didn't come from William and Kate or the royals. The "pressure" to marry has been put on by the media, mostly, IMO. I think they'll marry if and when they're ready, and not before.
Of course not from the Royal Family :lol: I just wanted to say with that example that the press and everything and everyone declared them practically as engaged and I remember about the stakes for the wedding also. And then - split. Simply split. Theoretical this could happen once again. So I don't care about all those rumours until theres not an official statement. And its my opinion, that William has time and also the right - if it doesn't longer work with Kate - to break with her.

Absolutely, Dierna -- nothing's for certain until they show up on the palace lawn with the big sparkly engagement ring. We're not privy to the inner workings of this relationship, and for all we know, either of them may decide in the end that this isn't the right path for them to take.

But, IMO, I think they would have split for good long ago if that were the case. I think they're in it for the long haul now. But, of course, that's speculation until we hear an announcement.

It definitely would, he would be seen as a major cad...he doesn't have to marry her at all, but dumping her now would be seen in a not so great light, especially when he could've ended it long ago.

Oh dear you do exagerate. And I suppose in the same token if Kate called it off she would be seen as very unladylike :whistling:

People can (and do) end a long relationship and even an on/off relationship. That doesn't mean they're bad people. It just means they've decided it wasn't meant to be for whatever reason and they're entitled to make that decision. Nobody has a right to judge.

Maybe it will last maybe it won't. I just wish people would stop being so presumptuous about it.

Absolutely, Dierna -- nothing's for certain until they show up on the palace lawn with the big sparkly engagement ring.
Engagements have been broken, so until they both say I do ..... :D

Far, far better for one of them to call it off than to end up marrying and then divorcing.

On a lighter note, that paragon of journalistic excellence, Australia's "New Idea", tells us this week that their "royal insider" says that HM was "irate" after leaning William and Kate once stayed with Uncle Gary on Ibiza, and that the plans for William to seek his grandmother's approval to marry Kate next month when they are due to visit her at Balmoral, are now up in the air.

So we wait for the next instalment. It's far more entertaining than any TV soap opera. :popcorn:

Far, far better for one of them to call it off than to end up marrying and then divorcing.

On a lighter note, that paragon of journalistic excellence, Australia's "New Idea", tells us this week that their "royal insider" says that HM was "irate" after leaning William and Kate once stayed with Uncle Gary on Ibiza, and that the plans for William to seek his grandmother's approval to marry Kate next month when they are due to visit her at Balmoral, are now up in the air.

So we wait for the next instalment. It's far more entertaining than any TV soap opera. :popcorn:

And Woman's Day, that equally reliable piece of drivel virtually says the opposite of course - namely that the engagement is still definitely on for August (if I remember my scanning of the story earlier this week).

:lol:

I only buy these magazines for these outrageous stories about the Royals. They sometimes contain some nice recipes though. My mother buys Woman's Day, not New Idea, so she'll be optimistic about the couple at the moment.

Things will get very confusing next week when New Idea says it's back on again and Woman's Day says it's been called off. :D

Oh dear, yes! :D I'll have to make a point of checking.

I find it so interesting that I have read all these post, and agree with most of them. Even though they are different opinions. Does that make me wishy washy? For my own opinion I don't understand this "lifetime dating" life style.

For my own opinion I don't understand this "lifetime dating" life style.
IF! And IF I am correct, William is taking it ve-e-e-e-ry s-l-l-low not wanting to make the same mistake as his father.
*Sayeth Russo who has been known to be wrong. . . * :whistling:

I doubt that you are wrong in this instance, Russo. That is the feeling that I am getting as well. William is still quite young and he is right in not rushing into anything as serious as marriage. (I Do hope that Kate will be the one, however!)

Oh dear you do exagerate. And I suppose in the same token if Kate called it off she would be seen as very unladylike :whistling:

People can (and do) end a long relationship and even an on/off relationship. That doesn't mean they're bad people. It just means they've decided it wasn't meant to be for whatever reason and they're entitled to make that decision. Nobody has a right to judge.

Maybe it will last maybe it won't. I just wish people would stop being so presumptuous about it.

Well I'm going to go out on a limb and say that she won't call it off and never did. Hardly exaggerating, he would look bad because the perception about her is that she has put her life on hold to be available for him, whether it's true or not. But what is true is that her life has been turned upside down, and it is hard for her to have a normal job. She made some sacrifices, he really doesn't have to make any, it's all to accommodate him...so whether it's fair or not, he would get the bad press.

I am afraid I don´t agree again, royals never look bad. If William breaks it off with Kate he will find someone else and you will have all the British public and tourists waving flags and saying "doesn´t she look beautiful" as she goes past on her way to her royal wedding.
In the meantime Kate will be doing something else and some people will say when she is mentioned, "Kate who?"
It is the unfortunate truth, but then as we are all talking about "what if" then you never know she might end up as Princess William after all, as I have said before it all depends on how deep his feelings for her are. In the meantime I
don´t think anyone is forcing her to wait around or make sacrifices, she seems to be doing these things of her own free will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom