William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

I am afraid I don´t agree again, royals never look bad. If William breaks it off with Kate he will find someone else and you will have all the British public and tourists waving flags and saying "doesn´t she look beautiful" as she goes past on her way to her royal wedding.
In the meantime Kate will be doing something else and some people will say when she is mentioned, "Kate who?"
It is the unfortunate truth, but then as we are all talking about "what if" then you never know she might end up as Princess William after all, as I have said before it all depends on how deep his feelings for her are. In the meantime I don´t think anyone is forcing her to wait around or make sacrifices, she seems to be doing these things of her own free will.

Yeah probably because she loves him, but notice how she has to make the sacrifices. Because like you say, he's the royal, he calls the shots and he knows he has the power. It's true he could move on easily, but the short term press will berate him. In the long term any girl will always be compared to Kate, unless she's someone in the aristocracy who Kate can't compete with.

I do believe you are correct, Wisteria. Royals do not ever look bad, as you say. I Do so hope that William will not look bad and he will not leave Kate. I believe that she has been a good and steady Lady all of these years and she has done so because she cares. Just imho, of course.

I am afraid I don´t agree again, royals never look bad. If William breaks it off with Kate he will find someone else and you will have all the British public and tourists waving flags and saying "doesn´t she look beautiful" as she goes past on her way to her royal wedding.
In the meantime Kate will be doing something else and some people will say when she is mentioned, "Kate who?"
It is the unfortunate truth, but then as we are all talking about "what if" then you never know she might end up as Princess William after all, as I have said before it all depends on how deep his feelings for her are. In the meantime I
don´t think anyone is forcing her to wait around or make sacrifices, she seems to be doing these things of her own free will.

I absolutely agree. You can see it on Chelsy Davy right now.

Goodness, you make her sound really desperate.

...she has put her life on hold to be available for him
If this is true then I don't think it speaks very well of her.

...it is hard for her to have a normal job. She made some sacrifices, he really doesn't have to make any, it's all to accommodate him...

William has to fulfill certain duties and responsibilities. He has no choice. He can't just live an "idle" life and do whatever he wants the way Kate can. And yes, I know she supposedly works for her parents but she can make her own schedule and that's why she chose not to have a normal job in the first place.

he knows he has the power.

Kate certainly has the power to walk away whenever she wants. Nobody is forcing her to stay in this relationship. If she chooses to hang on for dear life no matter what then that is her choice. Stop making her out to be some hapless victim. She is not.

the short term press will berate him.
And I'm sure you would love this. You practically sound like you're rooting for them. :rollseyes:
Well, better to be temporarily berated than stuck with the wrong person for the rest of your life - if that's the case.

And I'm sure you would love this. You practically sound like you're rooting for them. :rollseyes:

I don't know where this nasty vibe is coming from when you quote my posts, I've been clear that I like Kate but there is also the reality of her position. I can't tell what your position is...not into them as a couple? But I'm mainly just telling it like I see it, that's all I can do. There's nothing offensive about what I'm saying. :lol:

I don't know where this nasty vibe is coming from when you quote my posts...

There's nothing nasty about my posts. I call it like I see it as well.

I've been clear that I like Kate...

Yes, we know you support Kate. This much is obvious.

I can't tell what your position is...not into them as a couple?

I've never said I didn't like them as a couple. I just don't think it's right when people say things like, he has to/should marry her or he can't break up with her, or else... It comes across as pushy.

There's nothing offensive about what I'm saying. :lol:

I disagree.

Hi, i've been lurking for a looooong time. I think it's good when people have different opinions. It's time my voice is heard.

Last edited by a moderator:
It definitely would, he would be seen as a major cad...he doesn't have to marry her at all, but dumping her now would be seen in a not so great light, especially when he could've ended it long ago.

I think you are right, he could have ended it long ago. However if William and Kate believe it is time to end things, they will, they have thick skin, what the press say wouldn't have an affect on William.

I think Kate's more embedded in this circle than many think. She did attend Marlborough College, the same school that Princess Eugenie finished at last year. She would have mixed with members of the upper classes and aristocracy while studying there. I don't think Prince William is her only link to these people.

I agree with you, Kate knows many people in the upper classes. She survived very well when her and William split.

Engagements have been broken, so until they both say I do ..... :D

Until they say I do, we cannot be certain of anything. Rather before then after.

royals never look bad.

I beg to differ. Prince Charles was treated horrible with everything about Diana. Edward VIII when he abdicated. Elizabeth II after the death of Diana. Just because they are royalty they are not untouchable.
William would look bad in some peoples eyes if he were to dump Kate now. :flowers:

Obnoxious at The Royal Forums? Never. :flowers:

It will work itself out in time, hopefully for the couple for the best.

Can't blame William for caution since his parents clearly didn't know each other well enough to be married. And it might be difficult to be married and live a life like Andrew and Sarah had, where they spent so much time separated.

William and Kate are still only in their 20s, so there's no real rush to do anything. Like I've said previously, if we're going to have a royal wedding next year, it probably won't be announced before February and that's still a long time away. Maybe a billionaire will lure Kate away before then.

Let's stay on topic...any issues regarding other posters should be sent to the British moderators and/or TRF administrators.

All off topic posts will be deleted without notice.

We are all entitled to an opinion and the right to express it as long as its civil.

Zonk
British Forum moderator

Last edited:
This may sound weird, but I was thinking: with the recent reports of Kate doing business with Richard Branson, do you think its possible that she might enjoy being a businesswoman so much, she might decline marrying William and being a princess?

Don't get me wrong, I do believe a wedding is in the works for those two. But I wonder if maybe Kate has finally found what she likes to do, and maybe she wouldn't want to leave it? :whistling:

:previous::):ermm: No, I thought the same thing - all she seems to get is bad publicity - she might decide that being Queen isn't worth it if she finds a career and a man that she likes better. Anything's possible.

:previous::):ermm: No, I thought the same thing - all she seems to get is bad publicity - she might decide that being Queen isn't worth it if she finds a career and a man that she likes better. Anything's possible.

Anything is possible. But Kate has been with William with 8 years. (I think) It would be a good buisness and someone extra to give those years up. :flowers:

I think it would have been better for Kate to have met William after she had established her own life/career and know what it's like to have her own life the way Maxima, Letizia, Mary, Sophie and MM. Even Diana did her own thing before Charles. I think if that's how it had happened maybe people would have a better perception of her. Maybe she the press wouldn't call her "waity Katie" and maybe some of Williams friends would respect her more bc she's done something for herself even if she isn't a part of the aristocracy. Maybe the press the press won't see her Mom as pushy or goldigger. Just my opinion.

I think it would have been better for Kate to have met William after she had established her own life/career and know what it's like to have her own life the way Maxima, Letizia, Mary, Sophie and MM.

Maxima, Letizia, Mary, Sophie and MM were both quite a bit older than Kate when they met their respective husbands.

Even Diana did her own thing before Charles. Maybe she the press wouldn't call her "waity Katie"

Did Diana do anything before Charles? I think they would still call her Waity Katie because she would still be waiting for an engagement, not matter if she was or was not working.

Maybe the press the press won't see her Mom as pushy or goldigger. Just my opinion.

Kate mum is well off in her own right, I think she would still be seen as pushy maybe not gold digging.

Just my opinion. :flowers:

Quite right....all the princess mentioned above had already met their husbands after they had been established in their careers. Kate met hers in college. It happens for some of us!

In reference to the Waity Kate title and her mother....I think the British press would have found ANYTHING to ridicule....they just happened to pick those two things.

I wasn't clear sorry but I did mean that maybe if Kate had met William at a later point in her life when she was more established in her life/career the press wouldn't be so rough on her. She'd have something accomplished on her own.

Well maybe Diana wasn't doing what Mary, Maxima and Letizia were doing but she had something that she loved doing. Working with children. As much as I love Kate she just doesn't seem to have anything besides being Williams gf. I mean she might have something but what is it?

Perhaps just loving William is enough for her....

:previous: That is THE most important thing to remember. Surely we all know someone who has given up a career, opportunities or home to follow the love of her/his life, is this any different?

It is called commitment, old fashioned but isn't that what is required of a future princess? :flowers:

Love is a wonderful thing...

None of us knows the true motivations and deep feelings of these people. We don't know that he's the love of her life. We don't know whether it's love, golddigging, social climbing, pushy mama, prestige, etc. that's motivating Kate. None of us knows and it's not right for us to speculate.

I tend to agree, rchat, except for the "clinging" part. What we can see, at the most basic level, is two people who obviously spend a good deal of time together and have been photographed in affectionate moments. I don't think we've seen anything that would indicate that either of them is "clinging."

The flip side of Kate's "career issue" is that maybe William doesn't want to have an ambitious career woman in his life. Mom wasn't.

The flip side of Kate's "career issue" is that maybe William doesn't want to have an ambitious career woman in his life. Mom wasn't.

And as that marriage ended so disastrously maybe he should be looking for someone who has more world experience than his mother had.

It is called commitment, old fashioned but isn't that what is required of a future princess? :flowers:

Indeed, Camilla is a fine example for commitment.
Kate is very commited to her man.
:flowers:

It seems to be the majority consensus that William and Kate will end up marrying. They perhaps will and they perhaps won't. Anything, unfortunately, can happen so it's hard to say that the couple will walk down the aisle together. I always thought Carl Philip and Emma would end up getting marrying. They had been dating since 2000. And then lo and behold they ended up breaking off their relationship. But his elder sister, another participant in a long-term relationship, is looking forward to a lovely wedding next year.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it can go either way. Just because they've been together for quite a while doesn't automatically mean they will end up marrying. But this is just my opinion on the matter:flowers:

So, could Clive Goodman be trusted?

A quick Google will show he certainly had ways of getting information about the Royals in the past, but surely he wouldn't be silly enough to do that again. :whistling:

Knowing that any rumours started will be neither denied nor confirmed, he is safe enough suggesting the 'training'. After his little 'holiday', he is out of the loop and desperate to get back in, IMO.:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom