When will William marry and what style of wedding?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Hope he marries Kate they seem to have so much in common and have been together so long already She could be a very good asset to the Monarchy as Camillia is proving to be :)

I would not be happy, if I am honest. Nothing to do with Kate just I would like to see William mature, live a little, let the public really respect him and then marry. Just like with Frederik of Denmark, his public adored him and were so happy when he found his princess, it was just a lovely atmosphere.

Paula** said:
Everyday in my life I pray for him do not marry Miss Kate Middleton :p

why? because you want to marry him?

William and Federick are different people with different personalities. William knows how importent a successfull marriage its. That said, I fear William may be afraid to keep his options open. He has found someone he is comfortable with and sees no reason to end that. He doesnt want to end up like his parents. Kate could be to William what Camilla was to Charles. The right women that got away. He wont lose Kate unless he is sure she is not right for him. I dont know much about Kate so I cant judge her. I dont think anyone knows who Kate is so people shouldnt be judging her. If Willam chooses Kate, trust me, it will be the right decision.

gaggleofcrazypeople said:
I have a feeling that Wills' wedding will be just as big as his parents' wedding.

Probably bigger!

Just as big but no bigger wonder where it will be held

let William and Kate would choice to getting married whatever what really needs! because he really in love with Kate lots since St.Andrews Universities sweethearts and im sure william's decide would getting annoucement by the press like his parents in 1981.

if HM Queen would give Kate known as Crown Princess Kate or Princess Catherine or Kate or whatever would Queen give Kate of title we have wait and see what happened

when Camilla marry to Charles but Camilla cant become Queen of England because of Diana more low profiles since Diana's death in 1997 im tell you the truth but i dont think HM Queen would give Camilla grant of title as Queen! but when Charles would become King of England they Camilla will known as Princess of Consort but Diana already have as Princess of Wales when she marry to Prince Charles in 1981 but i dont think Camilla would as Princess of Wales heck no! i would get dead for sure of Camilla as Princess of Wales if Diana would alives today as Camilla become Princess of Wales

sara1981 said:
let William and Kate would choice to getting married whatever what really needs! because he really in love with Kate lots since St.Andrews Universities sweethearts and im sure william's decide would getting annoucement by the press like his parents in 1981.

if HM Queen would give Kate known as Crown Princess Kate or Princess Catherine or Kate or whatever would Queen give Kate of title we have wait and see what happened

when Camilla marry to Charles but Camilla cant become Queen of England because of Diana more low profiles since Diana's death in 1997 im tell you the truth but i dont think HM Queen would give Camilla grant of title as Queen! but when Charles would become King of England they Camilla will known as Princess of Consort but Diana already have as Princess of Wales when she marry to Prince Charles in 1981 but i dont think Camilla would as Princess of Wales heck no! i would get dead for sure of Camilla as Princess of Wales if Diana would alives today as Camilla become Princess of Wales

William cannot marry Kate Middleton or anyone else without the approval of the Government and the Queen. As the future heir to the throne, his marriage is a matter of state and must meet the expectations of many.

I think William has a good head on his shoulders (at least so far) and isn't rushing to decide such an imporatnt question. He has made it clear that he has a solid relationship with Kate, but is not yet ready to marry. If he did marry Kate, she would become HRH Princess William and nothing else, unless William was granted a dukedom (i.e. Duke of Clarence), from which her style and title would flow as HRH The Duchess of X.

The issue of Camilla's status has already been discussed to death. She is the wife of Prince Charles, legally Princess of Wales (but styled as Duchess of Cornwall) and will become Queen Consort unless Parliament acts with legislation to allow her to assume the title of Princess Consort instead. Unless public opposition remained strong (which I doubt), she will be crowned Queen when the time comes.

Last edited:
sara1981 said:
i dont think Camilla would as Princess of Wales heck no! i would get dead for sure of Camilla as Princess of Wales if Diana would alives today as Camilla become Princess of Wales

Sara,
I don't know how many times we need to repeat this - Camilla IS Princess of Wales. She has chosen to be known as Duchess of Cornwall but takes on ALL of Charles titles.

sara1981 said:

Whoever William marries she will not be known as Crown Princess Kate as the Crown Princess title is held by the wife of the heir to the throne - i.e. Camilla is Britain's Crown Princess. However, in Britain, the Crown Prince is known as the Prince of Wales and therefore the title Crown Princess is not used.

When Charles becomes king, William will automatically become Duke of Cornwall and therefore his wife will become Duchess of Cornwall. When and if and only if Charles wishes to create his son Prince of Wales will William assume that title and therefore his wife become the Princess of Wales.

It is possible that William's wife may never be the Princess of Wales - if Charles doesn't create his son Prince of Wales.

Camilla IS the Princess of Wales but is using the title that Charles has had for longer - Duchess of Cornwall (Diana also was Duchess of Cornwall during her marriage).

As the law currently stands Camilla will be Queen. I suspect that she will also use this title as otherwise the parliament will have to legislate. That will mean a full scale debate on the monarchy itself could occur, which could see the monarchy questioned in ways that the current government and the RF would not want to see.

I have a feeling that Wills' wedding will be just as big as his parents' wedding.

Heck yeah... it will be even bigger. England will have a young, beautifull Crown Princess to show off to the world.

Well, she won't be crown princess if William marries during the Queen's lifetime, but I know what you mean.

why? because you want to marry him?
lol
Well every girl wants marry him, but I'm talking about reality ;) I think he needs to get mature and enjoy life a lil bit more before marry Kate or another girl....

Anyway I don't think he'll marry that soon ;D

It wont be bigger I can assure you one hundred percent it wont be bigger. It will be the same but most likely smaller. If he marries while the Queen is still alive it will be smaller. He is not the Prince of Wales and heir to the throne. He is the heir to the thrones son and all that pomp and circumstance wont be used. The Royal Family is trying to play down its regalness and I can assure you the goverment wont pay for a big extravaganza like that in this day and age. It will be much more simpler if Charles isnt King yet. If William is Prince of Wales when he marries then it will most likely be the same as Charles and Dianas.

Really?
I don't think it will be that big.I mean they are already so reserved and they don't want anyone all up in their buisness so I think they will keep the wedding a little low key---as possible.By that they will send a message across to media and their fans or who ever else cares about them.So, maybe Iam wrong, but I don't think it will be grand at all.(Kind of like the Onasis wedding.Just their family and friends---in this case a lot!):)

The problem Polop is that he doesnt have a say that much. It is not his wedding it is Englands. The goverment will do so much and royal tradition will do the rest. There is protocal that must be followed in a royal wedding. I agree that it wont be a big especially if Elizabeth is still Queen but it wont be anything like the Onassis wedding. The wedding belongs to England and england will be everybit a part of it.

Princejonnhy25 said:
The problem Polop is that he doesnt have a say that much. It is not his wedding it is Englands. The goverment will do so much and royal tradition will do the rest. There is protocal that must be followed in a royal wedding. I agree that it wont be a big especially if Elizabeth is still Queen but it wont be anything like the Onassis wedding. The wedding belongs to England and england will be everybit a part of it.

So you think it will be grand? Do royals HAVE to have a grand wedding.I mean I would think that Queen Elizabeth would want to have a low key wedding, like Charles and Camilla.:) ;)

Royal Weddings now adays are for the public really. They have to be fun for the public. I think a good guess as to what Williams wedding might be like as in size is that if Elizabeth is till Queen it might be like Prince Joachim of Denmark if William is Prince of Wales then it will be like Prince Federick. Still royal and fun but not over the top.

Remember Sarah and Andrew's wedding? William will have a wedding at least as big as that one, no matter when he marries.

Oh I think the wedding would be big, especially if William is still loved like he is now.

I am totally lost about titles though, I mean if I married a Prince I would want (demand) to be a Princess, I would not go into the public eye, be followed all the time just to be a countess or duchess!

Sorry but true.

Apart from if/when Charles is King and possibly makes William prince of Wales is there any other way Williams wife will be a Princess??

EmmieLou said:
I am totally lost about titles though, I mean if I married a Prince I would want (demand) to be a Princess, I would not go into the public eye, be followed all the time just to be a countess or duchess!

Sorry but true.

Apart from if/when Charles is King and possibly makes William prince of Wales is there any other way Williams wife will be a Princess??

Any woman who marries Prince William automatically becomes a princess of the UK with the rank of Royal Highness. William's title and style at the present time is HRH Prince William of Wales, so his wife would become HRH Princess William of Wales.

A dukedom would probably be granted to William by The Queen on his wedding day, so his wife would not have to carry the style of "Princess William". So, for example, if he was granted the Dukedom of Sussex, his wife would become HRH The Duchess of Sussex.

When The Queen dies and Charles ascends the throne, William automatically becomes HRH The Duke of Cornwall. The titles "Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester" would merge with the Crown and be re-granted to William at some point as the new heir to the throne.

Personally, I hope that William and Kate will end up marrying. I think they are a very lovely couple and (as I have absolutely no intentions to marry him lol) will be happy together.
However I think that Prince William and Miss Kate need to wait a bit more. They need to be sure of their feelings and grow up a bit. And Kate must also be ready for all the pressure and responsibilities she will acquire, along with the man she loves. Though if they announce their wedding right tomorrow, I think I wouldn't mind at all. After all it's their hoice, not mine.

William's wedding will be a very large affair whenever and whoever he marries. He's 2nd in line to the throne and generally speaking quite a popular Royal so the general public would be interested in his wedding. Even if he wanted otherwise he'd be required to have a big wedding.

I think it will be low key just because William and Kate are a low key couple, you know they like to fly under the radar.

Think itll compare
with the his Parents Grandparents or Uncles OR European cousins

Will William have a vig royal wedding or can he have a private wedding? i was wondering that because he is in a different position to most of the other royal weddings that have happened in the past few years. most of them were the children of a reiging monarch, and he is the grandson, so it might be a bit different? who will announce the engagement and grand permission, and who will theyu have to bow and courtsey to at the wedding? will it be the Queen because she is the Queen, or Charles because he is Williams father?
I think he will marry in the next few years, maybe not to Kate. I don't know. I just hope he marries the right person and can be happy.

branchg said:
Any woman who marries Prince William automatically becomes a princess of the UK with the rank of Royal Highness. William's title and style at the present time is HRH Prince William of Wales, so his wife would become HRH Princess William of Wales.

A dukedom would probably be granted to William by The Queen on his wedding day, so his wife would not have to carry the style of "Princess William". So, for example, if he was granted the Dukedom of Sussex, his wife would become HRH The Duchess of Sussex.

When The Queen dies and Charles ascends the throne, William automatically becomes HRH The Duke of Cornwall. The titles "Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester" would merge with the Crown and be re-granted to William at some point as the new heir to the throne.

I have a question, why William won't be the Prince of Wales when his father ascends to the throne? he's already of age so why not?

The title Prince of Wales isn't automatic, it has to be conferred. The eldest son of the monarch is automatically Duke of Cornwall, but he isn't Prince of Wales until the monarch says he is. Prince Charles was Duke of Cornwall and Duke of Rothesay from the moment his mother became Queen, but he wasn't created Prince of Wales until he was about 10, when the Queen announced that she was creating him Prince of Wales. His investiture took place about 10 years later again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom