The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-10-2019, 07:04 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon received the Lord Hague of Richmond (Chairman, United for Wildlife Transport and Finance Taskforces).

Court Circular || 10 January

Old 01-11-2019, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

With the increasing focus of the younger members of the Royal Family on conservation and animal welfare organisations, how long can they continue to be involved in the traditional sport of hunting, such as the Boxing Day pheasant shoot at Sandringham? It appears that many of the birds are now factory-farmed, and released into the estate for shooting events.

Old 01-11-2019, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
With the increasing focus of the younger members of the Royal Family on conservation and animal welfare organisations, how long can they continue to be involved in the traditional sport of hunting, such as the Boxing Day pheasant shoot at Sandringham? It appears that many of the birds are now factory-farmed, and released into the estate for shooting events.
Personally, I can't see the conflict in supporting animal conservation and participating in traditional hunting sports. One deals with rare and endangered species, and one does not!
Old 01-11-2019, 05:21 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Personally, I can't see the conflict in supporting animal conservation and participating in traditional hunting sports. One deals with rare and endangered species, and one does not!
I think most animal welfare organisations deal with much more than rare and endangered species!
I'm not saying that I disagree with some hunting, but personally I do see a conflict where birds are being raised and introduced into the environment just for the purposes of being hunted.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_royalist View Post
I think most animal welfare organisations deal with much more than rare and endangered species!
I'm not saying that I disagree with some hunting, but personally I do see a conflict where birds are being raised and introduced into the environment just for the purposes of being hunted.
The Royals actually do eat the birds they kill or they give them away for others to eat. It's essentially the same as raising chickens for food. I personally don't like hunting at all. I don't understand the desire to kill animals. However, I think it's a little more acceptable so long as the birds end up as food.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 7th March:
The Duke of Cambridge received a briefing on the Royal Foundation United for Wildlife IWT Transport and Financial Taskforces.
Old 04-24-2019, 01:29 PM
Majesty

"In the 6 months since HRH The Duke of Cambridge hosted the biggest Illegal Wildlife Trade conference in history we are making progress on tackling this dreadful crime through education, partnership programmes & investment"

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/u...wildlife-trade

Via Miriam Shearman Twitter

https://twitter.com/MiriamShearman/s...868595713?s=20
Old 05-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Majesty

"On Tuesday May 14th The Duke of Cambridge will attend a joint meeting of the @United4Wildlife
taskforces for the financial and transport sector — the first time the two groups have come together to explore what more the 120 members can do to work together to #EndWildlifeCrime"

Via Kensington Palace Twitter

https://twitter.com/KensingtonRoyal/...435197440?s=20
Old 05-14-2019, 07:46 AM
Administrator

The Duke of Cambridge as President of United for Wildlife attended the United for Wildlife joint taskforce meeting at the Royal Geographical Society in London today, May 14:

** Pic ** rex gallery ** gettyimages gallery **

** dm article: Prince William puts on a smart display as he arrives for a meeting at the Royal Geographical Society..**
Old 05-15-2019, 07:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 14th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge, Patron, Tusk Trust, this morning received Dr Haruhisa Handa (Chairman, International Sports Promotion Society Handa).

His Royal Highness, President, United for Wildlife, afterwards attended a Joint Financial and Transport Taskforce Meeting at the Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, London SW7.
Old 05-18-2019, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Court Circular 17th May:
Kensington Palace

The Duke of Cambridge this afternoon attended a Lunch at Buckingham Palace for Conservation International and the Elephant Protection Initiative.
Old 05-27-2019, 10:29 AM
Majesty

The Duke Of Cambridge Celebrates Tusk's Front-Line Conservation Heroes

Read more: https://www.tusk.org/news/tusk-award...-announcement/
Old 06-15-2019, 12:46 PM
Majesty

Excellent news to see the @United4Wildlife
Taskforces working alongside @USFWS @DEAHQ
to disrupt a major criminal network connected to $7million of trafficked elephant tusk and rhino horn. #EndWildlifeCrime

Via Kensington Royal twitter

Great work from @USFWs @DEAHQ
, with thanks to cooperation from everyone in our Taskforces.

Criminal networks like these are difficult to detect, that's why these connections across the private sector are so important in putting an end to trafficking

Via United For wildlife twitter
Old 06-17-2019, 10:45 PM
Majesty

An article from CBS News in America

Quote:
It is a law enforcement victory, but the arrests also reflect a huge shift in strategy on tackling the global illegal wildlife trade which, to some degree, was sparked by Britain's Prince William.

About four years ago, the Duke of Cambridge, a longtime proponent of wildlife conservation, recognized that stopping poachers wasn't enough. If the world's iconic species were to be saved, it was time to follow the money.

Prince William, already one of the most recognizable faces in the conservation world, recognized the need to go after the big fish, and last month he told a group of business, law enforcement and NGO leaders gathered in London that his Royal Foundation's initiative, United for Wildlife (UFW), had struck upon a winning formula.
Read more: How Prince William helped U.S. agents bust a major wildlife and drug smuggling network
Old 09-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Majesty

“Today, the Financial Action Task Force President and Executive Secretary met The Duke of Cambridge & Lord Hague to discuss @united4wildlife and how to focus governments on taking the money out of #wildlifetrafficking.”

* Pic *
Old 09-12-2019, 07:30 PM
Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge, President, United for Wildlife, received the Lord Hague of Richmond (Chairman, United for Wildlife Transport and Finance Taskforces).

The Duke of Cambridge, President, United for Wildlife, received Mr Xiangmin Liu (President, Financial Action Task Force).

- COURT CIRCULAR || 12 SEPTEMBER 2019