The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2011, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
Of all the tiaras we had been discussing before, the Halo/Scroll looks to be the simplest (by royal standards), although beautiful. Do you think Catherine was offered to choose this tiara among some other options or did the Queen offer her just this one? I have learned that a lip reader told that the Queen, while watching the bride and the groom leaving, said that she would rather have William and Catherine use a smaller couch. Maybe she wanted less splendour?
I am hoping that the decision was reached by both Kate and HM. I would imagine that HM would have really enjoyed talking about each piece and what history there was with it and whatnot and Kate would have been an attentive listener. Everything the bride wore seemed to have a meaningful connotation to it and I doubt the tiara would be any less so.

Old 05-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Commoner

I think the tiara was quite nice
But the Queen could have certainly give her something a little more impressive and sparking
Besides, I think, the way her hair was done in loose way, has a very casuall and everyday look

IMO if Kate would have had a gatherd hairstyle she would look was much more impressive and noble.

BTW I also think her bouquet was very very small and simple

Old 05-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamar View Post
I think the tiara was quite nice
But the Queen could have certainly give her something a little more impressive and sparking
Besides, I think, the way her hair was done in loose way, has a very casuall and everyday look

IMO if Kate would have had a gatherd hairstyle she would look was much more impressive and noble.

BTW I also think her bouquet was very very small and simple
The small tiara and the small bouquet were lovely.

Large ones become overwhelming and the focus is on them rather than on the person, in my opinion.

The tiara was also very personal to the Queen and sent a lovely message of love towards her grand-daughter-in-law. This was a tiara that her father had bought for her mother and then they had given to her for her 18th birthday. It was one that linked Kate to her father-in-law's beloved grandmother through the Queen - wonderful symbolism of welcome to the family - rather than a big flashy one that doesn't have those personal links. Those ones will come at appropriate times but for this day this one was perfect and symbolic.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:18 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg View Post
It is very likely that Catherine was given the Scroll Tiara as a wedding gift from The Queen, meaning she will retain it for her future use, even though it belongs to HM.
I read it was only a loan and not given to her but as some mentioned the earring were made to match so maybe she did get permission to use it in the future.
It would be great to see it again as it's a lovely tiara.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I read it was only a loan and not given to her but as some mentioned the earring were made to match so maybe she did get permission to use it in the future.
It would be great to see it again as it's a lovely tiara.
But this how it's always done in the briotish RF. The Lovers Knot was also no gift to Diana but permanent loan. And also the same for some tiaras princess Margaret used. I think Catherine will also have the use of the Lovers Knot and the probably choose a small tiara so that she then has a big one and a smaller one depending one the occasion.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-01-2011, 11:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I am hoping that the decision was reached by both Kate and HM. I would imagine that HM would have really enjoyed talking about each piece and what history there was with it and whatnot and Kate would have been an attentive listener. Everything the bride wore seemed to have a meaningful connotation to it and I doubt the tiara would be any less so.
I can totally picture that! It's was one of the Queen's first tiaras and it's relatively simple, which fits with Catherine's style. I think it was a good choice (and totally out of left field - for keeping us know-it-alls on our toes!).
Old 05-01-2011, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

We were guessing so much, that by the end I didn't even remember the scroll or Halo Tiara was an option. Since the last time it was seen I assumed it "belongs" to Princess Anne.
It is delicate and suited the dress and Catherine perfectly. Also I love the history of it, (King George VI gave to the Queen Mom ^^).
There's not much of a difference between a stadium full of cheering fans and an angry crowd screaming abuse at you. They're both just making a lot of noise. How you take it is up to you. Convince yourself they're cheering for you. You do that, and someday, they will - Sue S.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Gentry

Quote:
The small tiara and the small bouquet were lovely.

Large ones become overwhelming and the focus is on them rather than on the person, in my opinion.

The tiara was also very personal to the Queen and sent a lovely message of love towards her grand-daughter-in-law. This was a tiara that her father had bought for her mother and then they had given to her for her 18th birthday. It was one that linked Kate to her father-in-law's beloved grandmother through the Queen - wonderful symbolism of welcome to the family - rather than a big flashy one that doesn't have those personal links. Those ones will come at appropriate times but for this day this one was perfect and symbolic.

I so agree. I think The Dutchess using this tiara to me shows ,the respect and caring The Queen has for The Dutchess. It was so kind of the Queen to loan a tiara with so much personal meaning.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Serene Highness

I too think the best part about the tiara (aside from fitting the style the Duchess chose), was its strong sentimental associations. The Royal Family seems to have embraced Duchess Kate with real warmth and affection.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_mae
We were guessing so much, that by the end I didn't even remember the scroll or Halo Tiara was an option.
I think everyone was expecting to her to wear something big and bold. We were not expecting that little tiara. I was hoping for the fringe, but the halo was the right pick for her.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 AM
Royal Highness

Agreed -she's goign to have so much time to wear the big and the bold tiaras when(if) she's Queen.
Old 05-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Aristocracy

The Halo wasn't what I was expecting (that was the Teck Crescent, which I'm now hoping she'll get when William is Heair Apparent ) but it's very nice It shows alot of admiration for The Duchess, to loan her such a personal piece.
Old 05-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

I thought it was a VERY small tiara for such a statuesque lady. That tiara was originally purchased for the lady who became the late QEQM. QEQM was a tiny lady.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I thought it was a VERY small tiara for such a statuesque lady. That tiara was originally purchased for the lady who became the late QEQM. QEQM was a tiny lady.
Scooter we heard reports that the Duchess of Cambrigde did not want to wear a tiara. Maybe that is why it was chosen.
Old 05-02-2011, 01:44 PM
Commoner

Its lovely and suits her well.
Old 05-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I too think the best part about the tiara (aside from fitting the style the Duchess chose), was its strong sentimental associations. The Royal Family seems to have embraced Duchess Kate with real warmth and affection.
I agree wholeheartedly. The Scroll was one of my favorite contenders, and so I was thrilled to spot it under the veil on the ride to the church. I just love the history of it, and think it was the perfect choice...not only for the way it suits Catherine, but for the sentimentality.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish View Post
I just love the history of it, and think it was the perfect choice...not only for the way it suits Catherine, but for the sentimentality.
Agree. The Duchess wore the scroll tiara beautifully.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Because of the way she wore her veil (which I think is the most attractive and flattering way to wear it), a larger tiara or even one like the Fringe which is pointy, would not only potentially rip a hole in it, but would look weird on top of her head.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-02-2011, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

I wasn't a fan of the scroll halo tiara. But after all it look nice with the veil, flowers and wedding dress. It fit. I wonder how it will look on Catherine in other events if HM loan it to the Duchess for long time. Btw does HM loan it to the Duchess for more than once? I'm not sure.
Thanks.
Old 05-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
The earrings don't have scrolls, they have acorns; it is a nod to the family coat of arms, which feature three acorns.
Speaking of acorns, have you had a look at the D&DoCa's combined coat of arms. Nice. Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding