A Wedding Dress for Princess Eugenie of York - Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Vivienne Westwood would be an excellent choice for her gown. VW designs for women with curves. Eugenie is a beautiful woman so she'll look fab no matter what.

Last edited:
True, but style tends to be cyclical.
I think the sweetheart neckline would be becoming to Eugenie.

It's not really cycled around yet. She seems to like some of the retro styles so perhaps that direction...pre-60's

LaRae

She looks quite wonderful in the more retro style dresses she pops up in now and then. They suit the tiny waist and curvy hip/chest.

Also that pink dress she wore in the Harper's interview was lovely on her.

LaRae

She’s never looked lovelier....

One of my favorite looks on her Missjersey!

LaRae

Actually on reflection; I think you guys are right; maybe not a column dress after all! Norman Hartnell made some beautiful dresses for Princess Margaret, who I believe was the same height as Eugenie. Oh well, wait and see!!

It's hard to know which way she's going to jump..other than we know she's not a fan of cupcake due to the engagement interview. Her design choices are so hit and miss for me...I don't think she will go crazy because she is marrying at St Georges ..so nothing to fashion forward or slinky is my guess. It would be really cool if they did something more vintage.

LaRae

Slinky would be terrible. I think she could do vintage and look lovely. Just hope it’s a hit whatever she wears.

We think alike Pranter! I hope she goes to this designer and we see spectacular, something like that dress and a veil....aaah....

While I would love if this designer dressed her, (I mean she was really beautiful in that picture) I don't think Eugenie can enlist them because it is an Italian brand and members of the RF are 'supposed' to have their dresses made by British designers. Now if she can pull a Meghan, and get somebody from inside the design house that is British to make it, than I say go for it!

We’ll just have to wait and see RH2002–it won’t be too much longer!

Eugenie tends to look lovely in retro styles with cinched waists and fuller skirts. I can easily see her modeling her dress on that of Princess Margaret with a change in the neckline/sleeves. I can see her going with the no lace, no ruffles look and sticking with a very clean white ala Margaret and Meghan vs. the lacey look of Kate or the ruffled/flouncy look of Sarah and Diana.

I don't see her doing anything frilly, fluffy or ruffles just because of what she said in the engagement interview. I think lace is possible though.

LaRae

Eugenie mentioned that she knew immediately who would design her wedding dress, and knew exactly what she wanted.

So, that suggests that it is a designer she's often worn in the past.

^The 'smart money' HAS to be on Westwood, and rightly so.. she is a master of cut, and knows EXACTLY how to flatter the 'Rubenesque' figure..

I only hope the entire wedding party won't be in white!
I'm getting a bit tired of that and am hoping to see some color, especially since it's an autumn wedding.

^The 'smart money' HAS to be on Westwood, and rightly so.. she is a master of cut, and knows EXACTLY how to flatter the 'Rubenesque' figure..

It's hard to tell with Eugenie though..she wears a number of different designers..but it's definately sounding like it's someone she has worked with before/worn before and very much likes.

LaRae

It's hard to tell with Eugenie though..she wears a number of different designers..but it's definately sounding like it's someone she has worked with before/worn before and very much likes.

LaRae

Then it can also be Erdem. :lol: Which I’m doubting and sincerely hoping it wouldn’t be for obvious reason.

But I would think Westwood as well, and I’m certainly hoping it would be.

Oh Lord please NO Erdem!!!! She does like them a lot...now I'm scared lol

LaRae

:previous:

Tatler has an article about this; they seem to think Eugenie will choose either Erdem or Vivienne Westwood.

Oh Lord please NO Erdem!!!! She does like them a lot...now I'm scared lol

LaRae

LOL...and I feel the same about Vivienne Westwood...she has a tendency toward what some call "cheeky" and I call bizarre and downright ugly fashion designs.

I get antsy just thinking about it, but I remember in the lead up to Sarah's wedding to Andrew there were all kinds of wild rumors that made my hair stand on end...like Sarah was going to break with tradition and wear a red wedding gown to match her hair and her ring. :eek:I have rarely had lower expectation for a Royal bride than I did for Sarah, but her Lindka Cierach champagne colored bridal gown was a complete triumph..my favorite 1980's Royal wedding dress in fact.

I am hoping it will be the same with Eugenie even though she has better fashion sense than her mother ever did generally speaking.;)

I just want it to be tasteful and elegant....please no avant garde (aka ugly/weird etc) or too fashion forward dresses...and she gets into that sometimes...but I'm hoping she doesn't give in to this idea with her wedding dress...and please let it be appropriate for her body shape!

LaRae

No Erdem thanks, maybe leave it to the reception or any banquet in future (will they have a reception?) but please not in the church service. I am not so familiar with these fashion brands, some Erdem dresses are nice but it's hard for me to connect Erdem with wedding gown so I just scratch my head when I see Erdem appears again and again when talking about royal wedding :confused:.

LOL...and I feel the same about Vivienne Westwood...she has a tendency toward what some call "cheeky" and I call bizarre and downright ugly fashion designs.
Wedding dresses designed by Vivienne Westwood are usually really nice though. Not everyone's taste, but they do tend to have a tight waist and a slightly fuller skirt. Very little use of lace or beading to make it a showstopper. It's all about the shape with VW.

:previous:Which considering that Eugenie's figure would likely be shown to its best with a structured gown featuring a tight waist and a fuller skirt, I can understand why Vivenne Westwood's designs would reportedly be in the running.?

I gotta admit the thought of Vivienne Westwood scares me.

The York Princesses have always been favorites of mine especially Eugenie. I just want her to look beautiful on her day without having to deal with the press ridicule. Not that she will be paying attention to any of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom