A Wedding Dress for Princess Eugenie of York - Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PtahHotep, Who do you think might make Princess Eugenie's dress?

I have no idea. I know nothing about wedding dresses except to admire them after they are made and worn. Some may fault me for that, but I guess I am a typical male in that regard. :lol:

Ralph And Russo, perhaps? Maybe (IF they design Meghan's dress) Eugenie may want to go with what "works?"

Would certainly enhance their reputation with TWO weddings instead of one. I know of them because of the constant speculation about them lately.

Alexander McQueen, maybe? Was he not the one who made Kate's dress?

Those are all I can think of right now.

Westwood had done a couple dresses for Eugenie that were just lovely.

Also the (French I think) designer of the pink/blush dress she's wearing on the cover of that magazine..or article in the one magazine..sitting in the chair. Stunning on her.

She's going to have to be careful due to how she is built. She doesn't want to come off as 'vavoom'.

LaRae

I'd rule out McQueen and whoever does Meghan, for just the reason you give Ptah. They are tried. I don't think she will want to follow in the footsteps of the other high profile royal recent brides.

Any major designer will be tried. If she chooses a major fashion house they will have the skill and asthetic to work with her.

Westwood seems a good pick. She has worn a number of Westwood looks. Her day time one may not have been great, but the evening looks were stunning.

Like Meghan, I think Eugenie will stick British.

I can't imagine she won't use a British (or Commonwealth) designer.

LaRae

I'd rule out McQueen and whoever does Meghan, for just the reason you give Ptah. They are tried. I don't think she will want to follow in the footsteps of the other high profile royal recent brides.

Any major designer will be tried. If she chooses a major fashion house they will have the skill and asthetic to work with her.

Westwood seems a good pick. She has worn a number of Westwood looks. Her day time one may not have been great, but the evening looks were stunning.

Like Meghan, I think Eugenie will stick British.

Then I can't think of anybody else. Sorry. Maybe a Canadian designer? Can't think of anybody off the top of my head.

Then I can't think of anybody else. Sorry. Maybe a Canadian designer? Can't think of anybody off the top of my head.

Why a Canadian designer??? She is a British princess, raised in the UK. Unlike Meghan, there is really little reason she wouldn't choose a British designer. The only designers you know are McQueen and RR?

Westwood
Philipa Lepley
Erdem
Jenny Packham
Alice Temperly
Amanda Wakely
Marchesa (unlikely due to scandal)
Susanne Neville
Stewart Parvin
Sassi Holford

To name a few. The last two were used by Zara and Autumn though.

Why a Canadian designer??? She is a British princess, raised in the UK. Unlike Meghan, there is really little reason she wouldn't choose a British designer. The only designers you know are McQueen and RR?

Westwood
Philipa Lepley
Erdem
Jenny Packham
Alice Temperly
Amanda Wakely
Marchesa (unlikely due to scandal)
Susanne Neville
Stewart Parvin
Sassi Holford

To name a few. The last two were used by Zara and Autumn though.
Like I said up-thread, I'm male and am not a fashion house expert. I may follow American fahion in a superficial way but I can't for the life of me name you one person in America except Vera Wang. And what is wrong with Canada? It still has a connection to the BRF------plus the Meghan connection. There was speculation a while back that she may choose a Canadian designer----why not?

I just came recently into the "royal fan" game," BTW. I am mainly here because of Harry & Meghan and Fergie and her girls (always been pro-Fergie) and a bit for the Dutch royals (love Maxima) and Monaco Princes---but I really don't know a lot about the other houses. Americans, IMO, only know about the BRF and the Monaco Royal Family. I'll learn about the other houses slowly and deliciously----don't worry about me. :D:D

I know many things but not most in that list, though. The two I've seen and heard of are Packham and Neville, now that I remember. I've seen a little bit of Neville's show and she is great. Maybe Meghan will pick her, I do not know. ??

:previous: Because Meghan has a Canadian connection. She worked in Canada for years. That is why a Canadian designer came up for Meghan. And most people thought the chances were slim to none even for Meghan.

Eugenie has no connection to Canada. She hasn't lived or worked there. I don't think her cousins' wives (Meghan and Autumn) having a Canadian link is reason she would consider a Canadian designer.

Google 'British fashion designers'. Not all women are into clothes. And not all men aren't into fashion.

Its how most of us come up with the dresses. We google them and see what the designers styles are :flowers:

:previous: Because Meghan has a Canadian connection. She worked in Canada for years. That is why a Canadian designer came up for Meghan. And most people thought the chances were slim to none even for Meghan.

Eugenie has no connection to Canada. She hasn't lived or worked there. I don't think her cousins' wives (Meghan and Autumn) having a Canadian link is reason she would consider a Canadian designer.

Google 'British fashion designers'. Not all women are into clothes. And not all men aren't into fashion.

Its how most of us come up with the dresses. We google them and see what the designers styles are :flowers:
You're right. My mind has been so Meghan-focused these past few days (besides my daily thoughts and actions and other concerns) that I haven't stopped to concern myself with anything that is not smehow tied to her.

You're right----------I forgot that Eugenie is not tied to Canada, unlike Meghan. So yes, she will have to go British. I wonder if she is tied in any way to Australia, though. I don't follow the York girls as much as I should. She could go with an obscure designer, like Diana did in 1981. Would suddenly catapult that designer into stardom.

Anyway, thanks for the list and for the lesson. I will google what you wrote about in the morning. I have to get up early. I DO have to go to sleep. Sleep tight, Countessmeout. :flowers::flowers:

Last edited:
I don't want her to 'wow' us in a bad way....some of her fashion choices have been less than flattering to her figure or even her age group. Some of her outfits have been horrible but I agree less so than Beatrice. Still I'm nervous about what she ends up wearing. I hope she goes with a designer than can dress her body in the right style for her shape and the venue. I worry about some attempt to be 'avant garde' or trendy.

Fingers crossed for something wonderful!

LaRae

Eugenie looks her best in fit and flare styles, so I hope she goes for something like that.

(I know some are expecting Westwood, but that's who she wore for the Cambridge wedding, and it was ill-fitting and pilloried in the press.)

If she chooses a designer who takes her body type into account, she'll look great.

I know many prefer Vivienne Westwood, but to me a Westwood wedding gown often looks like a crumpled mess.

I am thinking Eugenie should try Giles Deacon.
He's not a typical choice, but I thought he did an amazing job with Pippa's dress; she looked beautiful!

Both Zara and Autumn Phillips wore dresses without sleeves....so she won't be the first royal bride to show her arms.

LaRae

Royal protocol is simply: follow the Anglican churches old tradition (not always upheld now by all brides but royals keep to it): covered shoulders.

Covered shoulders seems to get mistranslated to long sleeves.

Autumn and Zara both wore capped sleeves. I don't see her going that short. Mainly due to being married in October. But 3/4 sleeves are quite popular with royal brides. Diana, Fergie, Meghan all did.

I could only see her going shorter if she went with a real retro wedding gown.

Here is a stunning dress that even the mother of the bride would approve of.

:previous: LED Lights! ? Ha! Now that would get the tongues wagging! ;)

I loved the late CBK's wedding gown as well, but I am not sure that Eugenie has either the height or the body type to really shine in a straight column gown.

I see her in a cinched waist, full skirted ballgown with her shoulders ever so slightly bare.;)

That's one of my least favorite...it looks like a night gown!

It will be interesting to see what Eugenie wear's ..I don't think it will anything like The Bessette dress though.

LaRae

Anyone LESS suited [being 'curvaceous'] to a column dress than the Princess is hard to imagine..

She looks quite wonderful in the more retro style dresses she pops up in now and then. They suit the tiny waist and curvy hip/chest.

Also that pink dress she wore in the Harper's interview was lovely on her.

LaRae

If they do the neck right a v neck would be very flattering, a modest scoop neck would be also.

LaRae

She needs to wear whatever is best for her body shape. If it’s like another royals so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom