Bridal Tiara Guessing for Up-coming Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you mean Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein?
No because Prince Alois’s son, Joseph Wenzel isn’t engaged to anyone. Johann-Wenzel is the son of Prince Gundakar of Liechtenstein and Princess Marie d’Orleans and he’s engaged to Countess Felicitas von Hartig.

His mother seems to have worn a fringe tiara at her wedding,though it is difficult to assess due to the quality of the picture. It doesn't look like anything I remember from the Wurttemberg or what is left of the Orleans collections so perhaps it belongs to this branch of the Liechtenstein family.

https://www.gettyimages.nl/detail/n...-marries-marie-dorleans-nieuwsfotos/162567245
It’s different from the Liechtenstein Habsburg fringe. The one Princess Marie wore was borrowed from Princess Sophie of Wurttemberg, a first cousin of her late uncle, Duke Carl of Wurttemberg (husband of dowager, Duchess Diane). The Orleans family never had a fringe tiara.

It’s different from the Liechtenstein Habsburg fringe. The one Princess Marie wore was borrowed from Princess Sophie of Wurttemberg, a first cousin of her late uncle, Duke Carl of Wurttemberg (husband of dowager, Duchess Diane). The Orleans family never had a fringe tiara.

Yes it comes from the bulgarian RF, through Sophie's mother Princess Nadejda. Will be interesting where it will end up as neither Sophie or her siblings had legal children

He was her uncle twice over, by blood and marriage. He may have been married to her Aunt Dianne of Orleans but he was also her mother's younger brother.

Considering Marie and Gundekar were married at her Uncle's home in Germany, with her father and grandfather (and many other Orleans) boycotting, it was no surprise she borrowed a tiara from her mother's family. Perhaps a bit odd from a cousin, and not from her aunt and Uncle.

He was her uncle twice over, by blood and marriage. He may have been married to her Aunt Dianne of Orleans but he was also her mother's younger brother.

Considering Marie and Gundekar were married at her Uncle's home in Germany, with her father and grandfather (and many other Orleans) boycotting, it was no surprise she borrowed a tiara from her mother's family. Perhaps a bit odd from a cousin, and not from her aunt and Uncle.
I’m aware that the late Duke Carl was her uncle by blood and by marriage. Thank you. Maybe Duchess Sophie offered her fringe tiara to her and she decided to wear it and Sophie is her aunt.

Yes it comes from the bulgarian RF, through Sophie's mother Princess Nadejda. Will be interesting where it will end up as neither Sophie or her siblings had legal children
I think Duchess Sophie will gift the fringe tiara or maybe she already has gifted the tiara to Princess Marie.

I think she will gift it to Princess Marie unless she has already gifted it to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m aware that the late Duke Carl was her uncle by blood and by marriage. Thank you. Maybe Duchess Sophie offered her fringe tiara to her and she decided to wear it and Sophie is her aunt.

Sophie was not her aunt.

Albrecht, Duke of Wurtemberg had 7 children, 3 of whom were sons. Only his 2 eldest sons married and had children.

his heir Philip Albrecht: married twice. His first wife died shortly after the birth of their first daughter. His 2nd wife Archduchess Rosa gave him 6 children. Among them were

-Marie Therese: his 4th child who married the Count of Paris and was the mother of Princess Marie (Gundakar's wife) in question.

-Carl: who eventually succeeded his father as his older brother gave up his claim. Married Dianne of Orleans (hosted their wedding)

Albrecht Eugene: married Princess Nadezhda of Bulgaria. They had five children.

-Duchess Sophie who loaned the tiara to Marie was Albrecht's youngest child. The tiara came from her mother's family.

Sophie was a first cousin of the bride's mother, not an Aunt.

Any bridal tiara guessing for Duchess Amelie? Her wedding is on Saturday, 09/02

Any bridal tiara guessing for Duchess Amelie? Her wedding is on Saturday, 09/02
She will wear the diamond bridal tiara. All brides wear that for wedding tiaras in the family

She will wear the diamond bridal tiara. All brides wear that for wedding tiaras in the family

Not all Duchess Mathilde wore another small diamond tiara. But the other diamond tiara worn by most brides is the most likely choice

Not all Duchess Mathilde wore another small diamond tiara. But the other diamond tiara worn by most brides is the most likely choice
I assume you will make a post about the wedding? Is it today or tomorrow?

Infanta Maria Francisca of Portugal will marry in October. I predict she will wear Queen Amelie's Diamond tiara at her wedding.

Infanta Maria Francisca of Portugal WILL wear Queen Amélie's Diamond Tiara.

This Saturday Archduke Alexander of Austria will marry with Natacha Roumiantzoff. Any guesses about her bridal tiara?

A fake one with a fake history. Lol.

Not helpful, Adda

Hehehehe

Perhaps she could wear Marie-Astrid's emerald bandeau (don't know if that belongs to the Lux Fam) or the Habsburg Pearl Bandeau.

This Saturday Archduke Alexander of Austria will marry with Natacha Roumiantzoff. Any guesses about her bridal tiara?

Looking at his siblings two options come to mind. Both would require Uncle Henri.

Like Marie-Christine or his sister in law Adelaide his bride could borrow the small floral tiara

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2021/02/the-nassau-floral-tiara.html

Or like his sister Gabrielle the Grand Duchess Adelaide

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2016/09/the-grand-duchess-adelaide-tiara.html

His mother wore the congo diamond necklace but I don't see that happening.

https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2019/01/the-congo-diamond-necklace-tiara.html

Kathleen forego wearing any tiara.

A bigger shock then the congo diamond (maybe on par) would be if they went to the Austrian side. His grandmother Archduchess Yolande's tiara is frequently worn as a wedding tiara by Carl Christian's brother's line.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2023/0...king jewel of various,some point in the 1950s.

Olivia Henson will marry Hugh Grosvenor, 7th Duke of Westminster in June 2024.
She will wear:
Princess Mary's Fringe Tiara (which had belonged to Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood)
or The Westminster Myrtle Leaf Tiara

I expect the future Duchess of Westminster to wear the Myrtle Leaf Tiara.

What predictions to the Bruneian Royal Wedding?

Princess Märtha Louise should wear her 18th birthday tiara as bridal tiara

Princess Märtha Louise should wear her 18th birthday tiara as bridal tiara

It will be her second wedding so it seems likely she will not wear a tiara.

I would like if Olivia Henson wore the Bagration tiara for her wedding to the Duke of Westminster in June. Not only is it stunning but Hugh’s mother wore that tiara at her wedding.

I would like if Olivia Henson wore the Bagration tiara for her wedding to the Duke of Westminster in June. Not only is it stunning but Hugh’s mother wore that tiara at her wedding.
That would be lovely, the tiara has not been seen in public for a long time.

I think the Inchape fringe tiara once owned by Princess Mary, Countess of Harewood that was bought by the Grosvenors would be nice. The tiara hasn’t been seen since it was bought in the 60s

Back
Top Bottom