A Wedding Dress for Princess Beatrice - Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe "so what" to you, but there are (still) many people out there who are ashamed of scars for whatever reason and think that they are ugly. Eugenie wanted to show that a scar is nothing to be ashamed of, as she has said herself.

As for Beatrice's dress, I hope for her, similar to what MARG said, that she will also knock it out of the park. With or without veil.

I don't understand why you would be 'ashamed' of a scar. I have a cesarean scar and I'm not ashamed of it. It is what it is as all scars are but I certainly wouldn't build a wedding dress around it, I really don't get the connection between the two things.

I think that Marchesa would be a great designer for B's dress but perhaps that's a no no because if the relationship with Harvey Weinstein.

I agree, sophie25. Both my knees look like baseballs with their stitching from knee surgeries and I've often been asked why don't I have plastic surgery on them as the scars are very, very prominent (especially in the era of the miniskirt). My answer is and was that these are my battle scars and prove the hell I went through to get them. :D

As for Beatrice's wedding dress, the first thing that came to my mind would be that she may choose something similar to the gown that she wore in the movie "Young Victoria". I'd do away with the puffy sleeves though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Bea...AUIESgB&biw=1074&bih=554#imgrc=GRLAYTIV0LU60M:

:previous: Yeah. But I was serious about it when I expressed concern here at TRF,and was immediately "checked" by another poster for my foolishness.:cool:

Fingers and toes crossed that Beatrice will avoid all things Vampire for her wedding.:ohmy:

A couple of British papers are reporting that she can't find anyone who is interested in working with her and may have to "make the dress herself".

What's up with that? Usual York directed venom from the media?:bang:

ETA: The Falconetti gown in that ad is very elegant...beautiful actually. But I don't know that it suits Beatrice's body type and/or height.

Last edited:
She might go for that brand as an evening dress or a different event relating to her wedding, but I highly suspect she will go for a higher end, couture designer for her religious wedding ceremony

:

A couple of British papers are reporting that she can't find anyone who is interested in working with her and may have to "make the dress herself".

What's up with that? Usual York directed venom from the media?:bang:.

One of the terrible gossip mags here in Australia posted that as a ‘story’ - these magazines never have any basis in truth otherwise Kate would have 12 children, the Queen would have abdicated for William at least 5 times and Meghan would have fled with Archie at least 3 times by now.

What happens is they are allowed to print absolute rubbish in these magazines in Australia knowing that the people in the stories will very rarely sue and then other countries can print stories correctly claiming the stories have been legitimately published in other countries however dubious the source and trust me in this case the source is very dubious.

What's up with that? Usual York directed venom from the media?:bang:

I've read that too, from several sources.
Supposedly it is because the wedding will probably not be televised, and so designers are reluctant to step up.

I hope it's not the case.

Btw- I didn't read that she would make the dress, but that she'd have to pay for it, much more than she expected.

One of the terrible gossip mags here in Australia posted that as a ‘story’ - these magazines never have any basis in truth otherwise Kate would have 12 children, the Queen would have abdicated for William at least 5 times and Meghan would have fled with Archie at least 3 times by now.

What happens is they are allowed to print absolute rubbish in these magazines in Australia knowing that the people in the stories will very rarely sue and then other countries can print stories correctly claiming the stories have been legitimately published in other countries however dubious the source and trust me in this case the source is very dubious.

It is not true that the Aussie magazines 'never have a basis in truth'.

It was, after all, New Idea that broke the story that Harry was in Afghanistan over two months before anyone else did.

Sometimes they do get a scoop which is ignored because of so much garbage.

As for Catherine having 12 babies by now - if you go back to the 1950s and 1960s the Queen would have had about 20 and Diana at least 10 as well. It is the way of magazines the world over with that one.

I am hoping she will save the attempt to do something edgy and modern (Vampires Wife etc) for the reception dress. Go with a more classic style (and there are several she can pull off very well) for her ceremony dress.

I find that rather unlikely that designers don't want to work with her ...there will be a lot of press and pics on the dress even if it's not a televised wedding. Plus...she's paying them for it. Not too many designers are so well off they can turn away tens of thousands of dollars just because they don't feel like there will be enough press coverage. None of that makes sense to me.

\

LaRae

Sour grapes from those that said nobody would want to watch Eugenie's wedding and were resoundingly proved wrong.

Since the ladies of the BRF never reveal the source of their gowns until the day of the wedding, these nasties have skipped the fun part of guessing and imagining and going straight to the cheap off-the-rack jobs because nobody cares if she gets married.

Bye the bye, you are right, no Atelier is going to turn her away because things are tight out there. Even Eugenie's designer Zac Posen is winding up his business due to high overheads and falling number of clients.

From a well known and loved source: Stores are never nice to people. They are nice to Credit Cards.

Beatrice's wedding gown

I'm not sure about the neckline or the high cinched waist on this dress, but I think the sleeves are a lovely and unique touch:

https://www.jjshouse.com/A-Line-Pri...g-Dress-With-Lace-Beading-002026089-g26089/?u

The below is really not suited for Beatrice, but again I like the styling of the sleeves, plus the generous off-the-shoulder bateau neckline is daring:
https://www.jjshouse.com/Sheath-Col...n-Lace-Wedding-Dress-002084711-g84711?pos=sim

This one is pretty, but maybe more suited to an after-party:
https://www.brides.com/thmb/mvLQiFh..._7_curve-5e6959012fdf4e6eb0a5065f3ed7d57c.jpg

I like this styling, but it would have to have sleeves and a more demure neckline:
https://www.brides.com/thmb/YJQnmIE...eryBride-da498b74c5944d4b90cb9a210426084a.jpg

This is pretty, but again sleeves are needed, a more demure neckline, and a train. This is also maybe more suited for an after-party:
https://www.brides.com/thmb/2mqRgsh..._3_curve-8468c118186749bcafc6e87f43795abc.jpg

Again sleeves and a more demure neckline are needed, but this is another pretty design:
https://www.brides.com/thmb/kQXD-UV...lus-Main-3aabb434b5a140c180c8ea6f94195d3e.jpg

I like this mermaid style:
https://www.brides.com/thmb/bjb_yJY...5_3212-1-28d5ab4a443a4f27953b84442217d40d.jpg

This one needs sleeves and a demure neckline:
https://www.brides.com/thmb/_E2C6a1...-A1-EBEB-0bb10130c5c9463fad59d3bdc6f72519.jpg

This one has a full, layered bottom half. It's a pretty design, but it needs sleeves as well:
https://www.brides.com/thmb/mf_Bxzx...2019-007-5a802b6ed82e4772be7a2bc2a8a74bba.jpg

I like the first one and skip the lace. The last one is ok if one has to have flowers. I to like the idea of a color different from white.

Thanks Osipi for the link to Beatrice featured in Young Victoria (from 2009). I didn't realize that Beatrice had played a role in that production. Did she portray a member of the royal family? She of course resembles her namesake, Princess Beatrice, Queen Victoria's youngest daughter (last child).

The styling of the dress Beatrice wore in that film is too old-fashioned for today, especially the sleeves and the flowers.

Do you think Princess Beatrice will wear a cathedral length veil?

Do you think that the White Rose of York would look nice if some were embroidered on the wedding dress?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Osipi for the link to Beatrice featured in Young Victoria (from 2009). I didn't realize that Beatrice had played a role in that production. Did she portray a member of the royal family? She of course resembles her namesake, Princess Beatrice, Queen Victoria's youngest daughter (last child).

The styling of the dress Beatrice wore in that film is too old-fashioned for today, especially the sleeves and the flowers.

No. She was just an extra.

Yes, I totally agree with you Moonmaiden. I just wanted to get some kind of conversation going here, just for fun. I was not even trying to suggest Meghan's dress style for Beatrice, not at all. I just noticed some of the styles were similar to Meghan's dress. And yes, the classic lines and style of Meghan's dress, with the off-shoulder boatneck are most definitely not new. Princess Angela of Liechtenstein designed for her own wedding a very similar dress to the one Meghan wore by Givenchy. It's a classic throwback to a style Audrey Hepburn wore, and Givenchy himself unsurprisingly was Audrey's designer.

I just highlighted dresses that I think are pretty, and I tried to point out where I don't think most of them suit Beatrice. I completely agree with your assessment that mermaid is not the right style for Beatrice. You are right about the A-line or full skirt with a fitted bodice. Eugenie had excellent advice and ended up with two absolutely gorgeous dresses, and I'm hoping the same for Beatrice. She has such lovely coloring and striking features, which are not always enhanced by her clothing choices. So, I'm hoping for her that she settles on finding the right advice from the right designers who understand how to enhance her best features. No matter anyone's shape, weight, or body structure, wearing the right clothing styles and colors makes all the difference in how one looks and feels. All women should feel beautiful and comfortable on their wedding day!

I hope this continues to be a fun and exciting time for Beatrice during which she can simply enjoy exploring her and Edo's preferences and make choices that suit them for their special day. I really wish their wedding will be televised, but I'm beginning to think it may not be.

I like the dress style that Beatrice wore for Eugenie's wedding, so maybe it was by one of the designers posters are referencing. Beatrice is bound to end up losing weight, as most brides do, so that has to be taken into account too when settling on a style, and in the making and fitting of the dress.
They should hire you as a consaltant!

I haven't follow Beatrice's fashion very much. Does anyone know who are her favorite designers?

OMG, that Elie Saab wedding dress is absolutely hands-down elegant,sophisticated, beyond compare! Seriously, it's perfect for Princess Beatrice (no frou frou, royal by any standard). jmho, of course. :)

Now the venue has been announced I can see her in a column dress with lots of beading and lace.

I think she'll go with a British designer. Maybe a foreign designer if she ends up having a second wedding later on, overseas.

Alright for my predictions I'll go with Amanda Wakeley for the ceremony dress. Beatrice is friends with Hugh Morrison, Amanda's longtime boyfriend.

If she has a second dress for the garden reception I could see her going with another friend, Victoria Beckham.

As you can see I'm basing all my predictions off people in her inner circle. :lol:

Now the venue has been announced I can see her in a column dress with lots of beading and lace.

I hope Beatrice will stay far, far away from a column gown. She is middle height with an hourglass/pear shaped figure, and that style would be far from flattering to her body.

I hope she will have a fitted bodice, slightly off the shoulder gown with a very full skirt.

Elie Saab could create a dream gown for her, but I am almost sure the designer will be British.

Last edited:
I have no idea which designer she'll work with but, for a number of reasons, I'm 100% certain it will be a British designer and I'd be more than floored if it wasn't.

I agree that I hope she'll stay very, very far away from a column dress. For her height and shape it would be one of the absolute worst choices she could make. I very much agree with the fitted bodice and full skirt, though. I hope she steers clear of the off the shoulder look because both her sister and Meghan recently wore variations on that and while they looked wonderful, she deserves to not have those side by side "who wore it better" comparisons.

And I know that we're discussing her dress but can I just add that I really hope she stays away from an elaborate up do? Beatrice has quite striking and unique features but when her hair is all the way up her features often seem a bit harsh. They're softened, and lovely, when her hair is done in a half up half down style or even left down with a barrette or hair ornament pulling up only one side. So, while I think she'll wear a tiara, if she should choose not to I'd hope to see her wear a diamond brooch as a hair ornament on one side while leaving the other side down and soft. Okay, sorry, tangent over.

I hope Beatrice will stay far, far away from a column gown. She is middle height with an hourglass/pear shaped figure, and that style would be far from flattering to her body.

I hope she will have a fitted bodice, slightly off the shoulder gown with a very full skirt.

Elie Saab could create a dream gown for her, but I am almost sure the designer will be British.

She would look great in an empire gown or one similar to Sarah's dress.

I'm guessing she will have full sleeves too.

Will be interesting to see if she does something retro/vintage.. but I agree she should avoid any type of dress that is a column, mermaid, fit and flare style.

LaRae

And I know that we're discussing her dress but can I just add that I really hope she stays away from an elaborate up do? Beatrice has quite striking and unique features but when her hair is all the way up her features often seem a bit harsh. They're softened, and lovely, when her hair is done in a half up half down style or even left down with a barrette or hair ornament pulling up only one side. So, while I think she'll wear a tiara, if she should choose not to I'd hope to see her wear a diamond brooch as a hair ornament on one side while leaving the other side down and soft. Okay, sorry, tangent over.

Yes! :flowers:
Hair jewelry would be lovely, and better suited to the intimacy of the chapel than a tiara, imo.

:previous: Perhaps... but Beatrice is a born Royal princess and i would be very disappointed if she, of all recent Royal brides, does not wear a tiara.:sad:

Even if it is a simply an elegant diamond or pearl headband or circlet. She is HMQ's granddaughter after all!:ermm:

So I’m not convinced that Price Philip is in morning suit so maybe her dress is a bit less formal.

That's interesting though I don't like the design of the top part of the dress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom