The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really beautiful dress and is perfect for Kate. The earrings aren't to my taste but they are an interesting choice. I agree a diamond necklace would have been too much, but some diamond earrings? Love the matching clutch, (I wish she would desist from holding these clutch bags in front of her tummy). What a good start to the tour though.

I think Kate looked drop gorgeous. She was a vision and her beautiful blue gown was really flattering on her!

Okay now this is stunning. Unlike her attempt at a nod to Bhutan, this one is a success. The beautiful color, and the stunning embroidery of the dress and the cape. You get a feeling of the intricate embroidery work of Indian saris without becoming too costume like. I love that she had her hair up as well. The only miss for me was the earrings which I am not a fan of. But stunning.

My only comment would be if there was ever a night to pull out the 'risqué designer' they mentioned in an article, it would have been this event. Yes she is in traditional India, but at a Bollywood event, she could have got away with something a bit more daring. She wouldn't have looked out of place with the Indian women there. But then that isn't Kate's style and I am not surprised she went this route.

But my first major success of the tour :flowers:

I really love the blue dress that Catherine chose to,wear for her first evening engagement in India. The color is gorgeous and I love the cape and the bead work.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

That dress is stunning on her! What a great dress...love the style and color!

LaRae

Love, love the dress. The colour really suits Kate, the beading is exquisite. I think it's gorgeous, and the hair being up is a bonus.

Love it, wasn't a fan of the earrings at first but they really work with the outfit, and lapis is such a beautiful stone. The color and drape of the fabric are really gorgeous and I love the beading. She's slaying on this tour so far, looking forward to what she brings out next!

Agree with Missy! At first I was uncertain about the earrings, but I've decided I love them. Big, yes, maybe even a little clunky, but they make a real statement and they match the gorgeous gown so perfectly. And may I add that Catherine looks so good with a little less eye makeup!

This is one of Catherine's best gowns...it's gorgeous. I love the color, as well as the beading on the gown/ wrap.

The gown look nice except for the 'belt.'

What is it with the belted look? Nearly all her clothes have a belt.
The gown would have looked better without the contrasting 'belt'.

Wearing sandals with an evening gown is a big 'no no'.
It would have looked better for her to wear the shoes she wore on April 6th.

Overall it is a nice look.
The dress, shawl and clutch were nice.
Could have been more polished with smaller earrings and closed toes shoes.

She really looked beautiful! Great big smile, lovely makeup, a lighter touch on the eyes really looked better, nice up do to flatter her face and show off the dress and terrific earrings.
The dress is perfect for her in every way. Beading, floating large skirt, only thing is she has gotten into a habit if rounding her shoulders because of her hair, and is rounding them, because of the cape IMO. I do that sometimes, something I wear will make me thin I don't need to stand up straight. I hope someone tips her off or she sees a picture.

Not a fan of the earrings at all...they look cheap and costume-y.

LaRae

I totally agree on the makeup, much softer than usual, good look:flowers:

Some how I missed the dress had sleeves, when she was wearing the cape. I thought it was just the fabric of the cape. I actually kind of liked it better when I thought it sleeveless.:ermm:

Closed toe may have looked more appropriate, but she looks so great, I barely noticed the shoes at all.

Not a fan of the dress. I do love the earrings, hairdo and color of the dress.

I love that beaded blue dress for the gala. I think Kate looked lovely in it. She would have looked a lot better if she had stood up straight. The humped back/concave chest look is not a good one on a woman her age.

I don't think the earrings were a good choice for that outfit. I think they were wasted. They are lovely but I think they were lost in the sea of blue. I think they would be better as a contrasting feature worn with an outfit in another colour rather than matching this beaded gown. I would have liked to have seen diamond earrings, and also a diamond necklace. It was the sort of event where the sparkly bling would not have been over the top with the beaded gown. She had her hair back and a large area of flesh there that would have been a perfect field for a diamond necklace. I find it strange that she will wear a serious diamond necklace with her hair flopping down around it obscuring it, but when she has her hair tied back she has a bare neck.

Last edited:
Beautiful dress and what a huge difference a hair updo makes. Much better with the hair up

This gown is amazingly beautiful! The details and color are exquisite. Certainly one of her most stunning looks ever.
Catherine really looked quite wonderful in this ensemble. Her hair was elegant, her gorgeous sapphire blue gown and wrap were rich in silver embroidery and beading and, while her shoes were sandals, they were elegant sandals and not those clunky platform ones she seems to favour.

The only real clangers for me were her posture and her choice of earrings. The posture problem is highlighted in many of the photos which is a shame I think, but the earrings, for all they were a brilliant sapphire blue colour and set in a diamond surround, were just plain clunky with that beautifully delicate and feminine gown and wrap. Her cluster sapphires would have been a much more sympathetic look. Those gorgeous, honking great statement earrings would look great with an elegant kaftan or chic palazzo evening pants.

Its a lovely dress that grows on you IMO. The strong color suits her very well and I liked the volume of the skirt.

I dont understand why she went with a British designer to design an indian inspired sari/dress instead of going to an indian designer. I would've preferred and indian designer but thats just my opinion.

wonderful - everything incl the earrings
Bye Bine

I don't know how I feel about the Packham gown...everyone else seems to love it but imo this dress looks cheaply made which is a surprise since the Packham dresses Kate wore before are all very beautiful... but anyway fashion is really subjective~

Alice Temperley 2 piece number for this evening - design quite reminiscent of the Temperley maxi dress she wore on the South Pacific Jubilee tour final evening. She is also wearing her new Prada sandals and what appears to be earrings from her pre-engagement days (they were seen at the christmas lunch at buckingham palace a few years ago as well)
Its quite a classic Temperley print on the dress - we saw Kate in a back and white short number straight after her engagement announcement and Pippa wore a coral coloured dress to a fashion show that have similar pattern features

Not a huge fan of this second evening look. Maybe if it had been her first, but after the fantastic blue dress, it had a hard act to follow.

I know its a pattern similar to other Temperly, but again it looks like an attempt (like her outfits so far) to reflect the Indian surroundings a bit. But like dazzling, I wish if she was going for an Indian theme/stye, she would use Indian designers instead. Though I think the blue was absolutely stunning, it does seem odd that she use a Britih designer and then have Indians add the embroidery to it.

Another hit IMO . Love the two- piece and the interesting print. Lovely pics of back on the twitter feed. Never satisfied I would have liked a bracelet or bangle!

Alice Temperley 2 piece number for this evening - design quite reminiscent of the Temperley maxi dress she wore on the South Pacific Jubilee tour final evening. She is also wearing her new Prada sandals and what appears to be earrings from her pre-engagement days (they were seen at the christmas lunch at buckingham palace a few years ago as well)
Its quite a classic Temperley print on the dress - we saw Kate in a back and white short number straight after her engagement announcement and Pippa wore a coral coloured dress to a fashion show that have similar pattern features

I actually like this one more than the blue gown from last night. Lovely embroidered detail on the cream background.

I don't like the "crepe" look. I would love for it to be silk or something flowing isn.

I love the design however. Suits her well.

It's not a dress by the way, it's a crop top and a maxi skirt.

Last edited:
I really love all the dresses for this trip, until now very Indian style dresses... all very lovely on Kate, love the white one and this last is amaysing!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom