The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really like the dress and despise the Temperely London one. It is hideous. Atleast this one has character and fits the occassion and country she's in.

Speaking of wedges, that little boy seems to be stomping or getting ready to stomp on them. :innocent:
Have to agree this is not working for me on a number of levels, but hey, two out of three isn't bad.

I really like the dress and despise the Temperely London one. It is hideous. Atleast this one has character and fits the occassion and country she's in.

Honestly I feel she is going a bit overboard in matching India. She doesn't need to wear red and Indian inspired prints every day IMO. Dressing conservatively for appropriate events, and maybe wearing some Indian designers, would have done it. Instead she wears British designers and goes with an Indian theme, and in some cases like this one, looks a bit costume.

I like this outfit very much. I think maybe her hair was suffering a bit with the heat as it didn't look as glossy as usual.

I think her wedges are her go to comfy shoe!

Do we know the designer?

I do not think that The Duchess of Cambridge looked good in a boho-style dress. Indian ladies in saris looked wonderful.

I love this dress, it's very becoming on Catherine. The ONLY thing I might have done differently is to ditch the wedges. I usually don't mind them but on this occasion I think a flat shoe would have looked better OR the dress should have been longer. Just MO, of course.

Love this dress, it's really gorgeous. Agree the wedges should go!

The wedges are way too casual to be wearing with this dress. A pair of flat gold sandals would have matched well IMO. I don't mind those wedges but they are daytime shoes and look silly here.

interesting print. perfect for the occasion. love the colors.
dislike the wedge shoes

The wedges are way too casual to be wearing with this dress. A pair of flat gold sandals would have matched well IMO. I don't mind those wedges but they are daytime shoes and look silly here.

They were at a campfire at a national park. It's not a reception at the Ritz. Her shoes are fine. After the Daily Mail's foot analysis of yesterday, why should she want to wear sandals.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Dirt floor. Makes sense to me.

I love the colors of this dress but the pattern is too busy. I like the style and relaxed vibe...appropriate for the location.

LaRae

Kate likes wedges, obviously. I've liked most of the outfits so far but not so keen on this one. I can't put my finger on why, the busy pattern perhaps, colours not so great, don't know.

I'm not a fan of the latest dress. The top and the bottom look too overwhelming and the different patterns give it a very home-made look. I think one pattern/print on the top and bottom of the dress would have worked better.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

South Asians in general wear very colourful and richly patterned clothing often embellished with laces, embroidery, and other details. I guess to western sensibilities Kate's dress might seem busy but she looks very much at home in it. To me she seems to have made an extra effort to bring lots of colour and print into her wardrobe for this visit and I applaud her for being so adventurous and stepping out of her usual, sometimes unimaginative, style.

This one just looks a little baggy to me. And I agree, the wedges look out of place. Those nice beige flats worn with the red dress would have been better. They look relaxed. Maybe it is cooler there.

I 'll reitarate and say that Kate looks more lovely in casual/sporty looks than formal gown. She looked greay in that tunic/maxi dress. I even think the wedges cut a fine fugure too.

I think she's wearing all the wedges due to the terrain in at least some situations. Not a fan of them generally otherwise. But really like the short pink dress. Looks very nice on her.

LaRae

I 'll reitarate and say that Kate looks more lovely in casual/sporty looks than formal gown. She looked greay in that tunic/maxi dress. I even think the wedges cut a fine fugure too.

I agree with you on the more casual wear - these Indian-themed outfits do seem to suit her. I don't mind the wedges here either.

I agree with you on the more casual wear - these Indian-themed outfits do seem to suit her. I don't mind the wedges here either.

I just think that traditional outifts with colorful and intricate prints represents Kate very well. Far more that the frumpy night outifits. At least, in my opinion.:flowers:

I really think that Kate chooses her outfits...those long dresses are so kate...they are really her...the patterns, the whole look, I think she really fells confortable and elegante on them!

That blue evening dress she wore a few nights ago was anything but frumpy. It was very classy and elegant.

LaRae

A bit late here.

The blue dress is divine, but I don't like it with that shawl, it makes her posture look worse. The dress is amazing on its own, it doesn't need "extras". Updoo was pretty. I might be one of the very few that likes the earrings (of course I'll love it more if it were diamonds). The open heels don't match the dress, they seem out of place.

The nude dress with black pattern is pretty but nothing outstanding, though I would love to have one for myself, I like it's simplicity. The hair was beautiful with an half up doo (I always said and will always say that this kind of hairstyle makes her younger, it suits her so much). Nice earrings and matching shoes

The green "hippie" dress is cute. I like the busy print! And...I like the wedges as well! We have shoes that matches with the outfit. But the hair is a bit wild, maybe it's the humidy with high temperatures, a ponytail would've been better.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom