The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 - April 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it is lined, it is still semi sheer, and the cut outs on the top of the dress only emphasize that more. As does the back. The tight fitted sleeves and the shape of the skirt don't reflect the Bhutanese dresses at all.

If she was trying to go for a modest look to reflect Bhutan culture, she should have gone with an actually modest dress, instead of simply adding a lining to an obviously sheer dress, which does little to hide the original style. JMO

I think the dress is awful. One of her worst gowns.

I fear, I thought exactly the same. one of her worst. I have no idea, why she has decided for that one - what she liked on this dress. It is neither elegant nor that it suits her.
BYe Bine

The dress (not a fan of the front) did look better when you see her in the video moving about.

LaRae

The dress is quite nice from the back and side view. The front has been altered and I think it would have been better to do a complete new blue front rather than filling in the sheer part. Again it may be the photography that makes it look so strange. However that should be taken into account when one is deciding on the suitability of the outfit.

That dress is just horrible, really, really ugly. How anyone could see anything nice in it is a mystery to me. It's up there with that hideous white and purple floral thing she wore on their Diamond Jubilee tour although I can't remember exactly what country it was worn in

Last edited:
As a 31 year old woman I absolutely LOVE that dress. I rarely post on fashion as I feel it's essentially irrelevant nonsense, but I have to say that dress is lovely.

As a 31 year old woman I absolutely LOVE that dress. I rarely post on fashion as I feel it's essentially irrelevant nonsense, but I have to say that dress is lovely.

I think on many occasions she has ruined the look of what she's wearing with badly chosen accessories and hairstyle but in this case I don't think anything could have saved that dress. You like it though and everyone is entitled to their opinion

Jenny Packham dress with the beading done in India according to Rebecca English's twitter

https://twitter.com/britishasiantst/status/719174651738337280

Thank goodness for Jenny Packham - her designs are made for Kate. I love the colour and the beading is perfect to honour her hosts. Nice to see herbaria up allowing the neckline and dress to shine and the statement earrings are a perfect choice as they don't overshadow the dress (i think going for proper bling and diamonds would have been too much here)

One thing i will say is Kate your posture is shocking and that is what ruins the effect of so many of your clothes. Stand up straight and with more confidence

Last edited:
Think I love love love love that dress. It's gorgeous. Lovely glitters and very Indian feeling IMO, and lovely updo of course! The gown is really amazing. Such a beautiful colour on her!

Sadly no diamond necklace. I was hoping for the Nizam or her rubies. She only wore them once. She wears her big jewelry (e.g. the blue jewelry from the Afghan service, the ruby necklace, the emerald earrings) only once and that's a pity.

Think I love love love love that dress. It's gorgeous. Lovely glitters and very Indian feeling IMO, and lovely updo of course! The gown is really amazing. Such a beautiful colour on her!

Sadly no diamond necklace. I was hoping for the Nizam or her rubies. She only wore them once. She wears her big jewelry (e.g. the blue jewelry from the Afghan service, the ruby necklace, the emerald earrings) only once and that's a pity.

The jewelry might have been too much with that beaded dress, though.
The dress was incredible!

love the dress - and she seems to be the only one in rich royal blue - what a contrast to the red vibrant room decor of the night. I do think she went into a new territory with the earrings and a diamond necklace would have been too much. but cant wait to hear more about the earrings. local designer.... and I thought lapis - but looks like they may be sapphires ooh :clap:

Amrapali Jewels

Last edited:
Perfect dress to use her mother-in-law jewels, IMO.

According to twitter it is a dress with matching cape - i could see Kate re-wearing the dress by itself its is so divine and definitely deserves more outings.
Jenny Packham has excelled herself again. She is the "Queen" of formal evening wear.
I wonder what shoes Kate is wearing?

This dress could not have taken a diamond necklace or any major sparkle as it would have bene in conflict with the beautiful Indian beadwork - the earrings that Kate wears are simple design but bold enough to make their own statement. Great choice

https://twitter.com/HRHDuchesskate/status/719182044983635968 - closeup of the earrings and neckline of dress

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 6: October 2015 -

Perfect. Beautiful dress. The beadwork is stunning. The up do is perfect for both the neckline of the dress (or cape) and the lovely statement blue earrings. I really like the cape.

Last edited:
This is a beautiful dress, so perfect for the occasion with all that incredible embroidery! I also like the wrap and how it drapes around the lower arms!

This is a beautiful dress, so perfect for the occasion with all that incredible embroidery! I also like the wrap and how it drapes around the lower arms!

Yes! How it drapes around her lower arms is lovely. This dress and wrap was very very well put together.

The dress is absolutely stunning, one of the best appearances of Kate. I love the updo, if there is one thing I don't like it's the earrings. They don't spoil the look but I'd have chosen something other than Statement Earrings.

The color and shape remind me of Maxima's investiture gown. :)

The dress is beautiful for the occassion. Very approriate but full of glamour. The earrings wouldn't look out of place in Queen Máxima's collection, which is always a compliment.

Just stunning - beautiful colour, style, beading and her hair is lovely. Very fitting for the event and host country as well.

She looks great and an updo is definitely her best friend.
I only wish she could gain some weight...

Love it she has that hair out of her face not sure I love those particular earrings but all in all she looks great

I think she is wearing new dark sandals from the tiny peep in one picture i have. One her best evening gowns yet i think. The colour is so striking in the high resolution pictures it just pops out and she needed that colour to stand out in the colourful surrounding and other dresses on the ladies

Update - new sandals suggested they are Prada
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/its-sapphire-blue-jenny-packham-for.html

great summary in this post and showing the beautiful flow on the dress and train at back. The skirt is so typical JP's style

Last edited:
The look is just all right. Clumsy earrings spoilt it for me. Indian ladies had much better ensembles.

Last edited:
I think she is wearing new dark sandals from the tiny peep in one picture i have. One her best evening gowns yet i think. The colour is so striking in the high resolution pictures it just pops out and she needed that colour to stand out in the colourful surrounding and other dresses on the ladies

Update - new sandals suggested they are Prada
http://hrhduchesskate.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/its-sapphire-blue-jenny-packham-for.html

great summary in this post and showing the beautiful flow on the dress and train at back. The skirt is so typical JP's style

I love those sandals. Great choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom