The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

I think the Malene Birger style suits Kate very well although I am surprised she chose a Danish designer for this trip.
Unfortunately Kate chose a very bland dress, what, I agree, is aging her. Kate is too young to do the same hair, same (heavy) make-up, same jewellery, simple dress, cluth routine already.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Beje colours, dark blue are always win colours, we can always look elegant on these colours..maybe Catherine doesn't want to take a change in other colours or patters...and also thse are colours that match with her engagement ring and to me that is a very important issue to her
I love the casual look with the Jeans, dark blue Jeans are always elegant and it doesn't really look like we are wearing jeans

Burberry shirt for Catherine
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-RiCQleJCYR...eaplane-01.jpg

Old 07-06-2011, 04:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I think the Malene Birger style suits Kate very well although I am surprised she chose a Danish designer for this trip.
Unfortunately Kate chose a very bland dress, what, I agree, is aging her. Kate is too young to do the same hair, same (heavy) make-up, same jewellery, simple dress, cluth routine already.
Indeed most of the clothes she wore during the trip were too old for her. I can think those swift dresses look good on some slim royal moms or first ladies who are close to 40 or in their 40s, but Kate is only 29, needs some designs with a youngful twist. She wore nice clothes, but very boring clothes for her age.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post

i really like this outfit, it looks so comfortable. it really shows off how long her legs are...i'm jealous i wish i could look so good.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:31 AM
Nobility

Shoot me if you want to, but she could easily be CP Mary's younger sister. And now she is starting to wear Malene Birger.... :-)
Old 07-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Royal Highness

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...honeymoon.html

Wrong thread- sorry
Old 07-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by olebabs View Post
Shoot me if you want to, but she could easily be CP Mary's younger sister. And now she is starting to wear Malene Birger.... :-)
That's what I thought as well: the dress looked as if borrowed from CP Mary - I seem to recall Mary has a similar dress... Now they could be the Royal triplets: Mary, Marie and Catherine... If Marie and Catherine have a daughter, too, it will be interesting to see eventual similarities of the girls, as William, Frederick and Joachim are related via several lines and are all of the Northern European (Danish/Frisean/Norman) type.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosapru View Post
Beautiful dress. The material of the dress is coton or lino. So perfect for a day of celebration. Royal blue and white are the colours of the province of Quebec. So well done !

yesteday shoes

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/xc/117...0D3B33C9582F64

yesterday gress. Not grey

http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/117...7269133B709964

Beautiful shoes
Old 07-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Aristocracy

i dont like the pointed shoe look....totally 80's
Old 07-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Nobility

No no ..great shoes :-) At last we are going back to shoes not looking like they have orthopedic alterations made to them.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Aristocracy

she should wear a two piece...does anyone else agree..change things up a bit
Old 07-06-2011, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethaliz6894 View Post
i really like this outfit, it looks so comfortable. it really shows off how long her legs are...i'm jealous i wish i could look so good.
You and me both! She pulls off 'casual' very well.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Today's outfit.

On way to Slave Lake
Old 07-06-2011, 02:04 PM
Serene Highness

Is it custom for royal ladies to wear a blouse or T-shirt inside their trousers/jeans? Because I wear them outside, one doesn't see my belt when I wear a T-shirt.

I just noticed the difference, so that's why I ask.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Birger's dress is not bad, but again the same accessories, hairstyle and make-up. I know - she doesn't want make any mistake but fashion is for fun too.

Casual outfit is nice, she has nice legs.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar
Today's outfit.

On way to Slave Lake
Loving the semi casual style. Very appropriate. My only thing is I hate navy and black together....otherwise great outfit :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy
Is it custom for royal ladies to wear a blouse or T-shirt inside their trousers/jeans? Because I wear them outside, one doesn't see my belt when I wear a T-shirt.

I just noticed the difference, so that's why I ask.
Not sure about Royals but I wear it that way, tucking in makes one appear slimmer :)
Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow, more navy huh? She looks wionderful but it's become like Letizia and her grays.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:11 PM
Majesty

great choices of outfits lately. while i wasn't a big fan at the beginning, it just kept getting better.
kate's casual outfits were great, and i also loved her in the grey catherine walker dress, in more mcqueen and in the beige marlene birger dress. she looked lovely. the jeans were no far behind, they suit her perfectly.
and doesn't she have perfect legs! http://whatkatewore.com/wp-content/u...ty-Reuters.jpg
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-06-2011, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

What's with all this navy blue?
Her outfits on this trip keeps getting worse IMO. Hope she has some exciting outfits planned for LA.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
What's with all this navy blue?
Her outfits on this trip keeps getting worse IMO. Hope she has some exciting outfits planned for LA.
I have to agree! While it's understandable for Kate to play it safe and stay conservative in fashion choices, I don't think some variety in colours would hurt! The navies and beiges are just getting boring. She looks gorgeous in red. I don't understand why Kate isn't injecting some colour into her wardrobe. That, plus maybe a hat more frequently, would also serve to make her stand out in a crowd and increase her visibility to those straining for a glimpse of the new Duchess. In her colour choices and with only one hat so far on this trip, she must really blend into the crowd, which must be disappointing for those who are in the back rows. There is a reason the Queen almost always wears bright colours and a hat as Diana usually did, too. They remember those who can't wait for a day or two to be in the front of the crowd and by their striking clothing, make sure everyone gets a glimpse.

Closed Thread