The Countess of Wessex's Fashion and Style Part 1: October 2003 - May 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie has several "saucer" hats. I'm not crazy about the pie-in-the-head look.

On an engagement this week:
The Countess in a dark blue suit...

HRH The Countess

And I think the Countess looks fabulous in this shot taken just after Christmas!
I adore the boots!

The Countess

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the countess gets better every time love the coat and boots !!

HRH look lovely today at the unveiling of the Queen Mother Memorial, a beautiful dress and the gloves and umbrella were very elegant, though again the outfit is ruined by that dreadful saucer on her head

The Queen Unveils The New Statue Of Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother - Pictures - Zimbio

I love the sucer hats becasue she wears them well IMO. The outfit is stunning & very elegent. Its something that reminds me of Victoria Beckhams in a way. I like the black gloves, goes well with the hat and shoes. This is what I call elegent & a royal outfit IMO

I really like this outfit. The dress and hat are both very chic.

She looks fabulous - very stylish and elegant. I do worry about how she will be able to lift her arms though!

Its a nice dress but i would prefer a jacket or coat rather than that cape - and dont get me started in that hat (3rd time its been worn) its gets worse

Nice touch she wore the Queen Mum's brooch

She looks absolutely gorgeous I am over the moon about the whole look.Just beautiful.

I have mixed feeling about Countess of Wessex's look. The ensemble (caplet and dress(?)) had sleek clean lines. Grey colour becomes Countess very well. However, a singnature satellite hat did not match the whole look in my personal opinion. Perhaps ... an unfussy headpiece/hat would have been suited better.

The hat The Countess of Wessex wore for the Easter Sunday service has been worn before, as lumutqueen states. I think she wore the hat for the service for the 60th anniversary of the ending of the Second World War during the Westminster Abbey service in July 2005; and again for the Enthronement service for Prince Albert II of Monaco. I think this hat is really posh for the occasion and I love seeing her in this 'chique' outfit.

I just love it thought she looked so fun in that hat.... I always loved her choices here she joins in the fun of the day.

This hat is gorgeous. I am pleased to see that she decided to recycle it. It really suits her.

I can only think of all of the poor birds which sacrificed their magnificent plumage for Sophie's hat ...
The feathers looked better on the birds -

Thanks PrincessofEurope, I agree, far too many bland colours. Great shoes though!

I swear this woman has the worst taste in hats!!! This last hat looks as if 3 or 4 different birds are having a fight over something on her hat! She plays it safe with her clothes and tries to spice things up with her way over the top hats, and it just does not work. every time is looks like a big horrible mess. Ugh!

At least it's a recycled piece. So the 3-4 birds sacrificed were not in vain.;) And it actually looks like a hat, not a facinator or whatever passes as a headgear on a band.

The hat, well its ok, but I agree the color of the suit is too bland on her skin, some nice jewels would have been better, I did like this look better in Monaco.

The suit is unflattering :(
Colour is boring, doesn't match with her skin tone. Hat is ok, I like it.

I don´t like neither the outfit nor the hat:nonono:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom