The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Serene Highness

What a beautiful new dress! I think the cardigan matches very well with the dress!

Love the hairdo! The princess was perfect for this whole event, from yesterday to tonight

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 10-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Imperial Majesty

I like this new dress, just hoping for better photos of it, so that I could see all the details. I liked also her shoes and bag.
Hola

Old 10-23-2009, 04:19 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely dress and clutch!!The Sarah J. Parker hair looks awful on this beautiful woman,I hope she won't repeat this huge mistake!
Old 10-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

This is a very pretty dress, the elaborate beading and its placement on the dress are interesting, and it also had a very nice sparkle and good movement to it when seen in the TV live footage. The shoes, which were the worst aspect of her style for such a very long time, seem to slowly become more elegant again.

The cardigan is totally out of place here though, almost managing to ruin the overall festive look. I have no idea why some Royals believe these days that a casual cardigan can be thrown over each- and everything. It cannot and it should not.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

A closer look to the dress, which is from Varela according to Hola
Getty Images
Getty Images
I like her curls.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia looks lovely in this dress. It fits her well, nice length, with beautiful beading. I agree with Boris re the cardigan. Simple cardigans are just that.... simple, and Not to be worn with an elegant cocktail dress.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks fantastic! I like her hair. It's something different from the "just hanging there" style of late.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Letizia looks stunning tonight - the dress is lovely and her hair and makeup are perfect. Maybe would have choosen something other than the cardigan but then again with a heavily beaded dress it needed something plain and simple
Looking forward to seeing the dress by itself at some point in the future

Old 10-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lovely dress and curls. Cardi is OK, with Cardi is probably better than long sleeves due to the fabrics.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/866/92308523.jpg
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/5920/92308538.jpg
Old 10-23-2009, 06:33 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
This is a very pretty dress, the elaborate beading and its placement on the dress are interesting, and it also had a very nice sparkle and good movement to it when seen in the TV live footage. The shoes, which were the worst aspect of her style for such a very long time, seem to slowly become more elegant again.

The cardigan is totally out of place here though, almost managing to ruin the overall festive look. I have no idea why some Royals believe these days that a casual cardigan can be thrown over each- and everything. It cannot and it should not.
Couldn't agree more. I don't like these cardigans for evening outfits. Although the dress is really lovely.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

This new dress is just wonderful
I like the cardigan as well, but agree that it looks too casual for this event. Maybe it would have look more elegant with a pretty jacket/coat. I love the shoes and, although I think the hairdo isn´t her best, I like the fact that she has change it-last year her hair was too simple-. I think that such a blond hair colour doesn´t suit her at all, any way.
But overall, a beautiful look. I like how she has looked all these days

Old 10-23-2009, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Letizia's evening outfits during the PoA Awards hve ben wonderful. The black beaded dres she wore at the prizegiving today was very lovely and really suited the event.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

This simple black cardi was made to pair with this dress. Many designers do this look this year. I'm not surprised seeing Varela going for this look since Michael Kors seems to be hot on this look too. Both Varela and Kors had some dresses with very similar designs.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Oct 23, 2009 - Letizia at the Prince of Asturias award in a black cocktail dress full beaded matched with a black cardigan.
The dress looks very pretty, and looks like it has some gold & silver in between the bead work. The cardigan was out of place which gave the look a less formal look.
I wish her hair was put up for a chnage, all the last event her hair is the same, soft curls.

Full View
I don't think the dress is black,anyway it is a beautiful dress and look more beautiful at night when they came out after the ceremony has finished. i like her eye make up but not her lips.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:08 AM
Nobility

Lovely dress - like others I am not keen on the cardi but it wasn't too bad. Letizia has had some lovely outfits on in the last couple of weeks.
Old 10-24-2009, 07:25 AM
Nobility

princess letizia look realy beautiful and divine in all the events regarding the ceremony ( hair , make up , clothes , shoes ) , i was just hoping to see some spectacular jewels
Old 10-24-2009, 08:57 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Princess Letizia's PoA outfits during the years:

Picture
(IBL, LFI,Zimbio,Life)

Old 10-24-2009, 09:17 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Oct 23, 2009 - Letizia at the Prince of Asturias award in a black cocktail dress full beaded matched with a black cardigan.
The dress looks very pretty, and looks like it has some gold & silver in between the bead work. The cardigan was out of place which gave the look a less formal look.
I wish her hair was put up for a chnage, all the last event her hair is the same, soft curls.

Full View
I wish she would put her hair up because it would look a lot better. The dress itself is very pretty and suits Letizia a lot. The cardigan is very delicate aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Princess Letizia's PoA outfits during the years:

Picture
(IBL, LFI,Zimbio,Life)
I adored her looks in 2004 & 2006
Old 10-24-2009, 09:33 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
A closer look to the dress, which is from Varela according to Hola
Getty Images
Getty Images
I like her curls.
I like the dress very, very much. Even with the casual cardigan the outfit is really nice. No black stockings-good for her. Lovely clutch bag and nice hairstyle.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Serene Highness

The blue shoes Letizia wore for the concert last thursday, are they from Yves Saint Laurent or from Magrit??
She has 3 pairs of those shoes but in different colours: black, nude and blue.

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Closed Thread