The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Commoner

I like the colour of this dress

Old 07-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia looks happy and radiant. I like this dress, especially the colour. The clutch is nice.
PurePeople
Her make-up is great.
PurePeople

Old 07-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Letizia looks happy and radiant. I like this dress, especially the colour. The clutch is nice.
PurePeople
Her make-up is great.
PurePeople
beautiful...this Letizia's Style And I am really fan
Old 07-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Majesty

i quite liked the pink summery outfit.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 07-05-2009, 02:39 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
Sorry but I really don't like the whole look
No comment on the shoes.
The top part and the skirt could be nice but not together and not for a crown princess.
Letizia is really becoming more and more boring.
With this outfit,she looks like a housewife absolutly not like a princess.
Some will praise her for wearing mango and zara not me.
I don't have Letizia's money but I never buy at those labels since I don't find their cloths elegant enough.
I know nothing about other spanish designers but I guess there are excellent ones that could give a better image of spanish fashion.
Letizia (or may be the one who gives the money) has to admit for once that she is the futur queen of Spain and has to dress accordingly.
I really don't like when royals are dressing like commoners.
If Mango and Zara are considered as the best ones then I am really disappointed by Spanish fashion.
I agree that she has to help spanish fashion but why not chosing better brands.
I am really disappointed by her fashion since we aren't allowed to discover good spanish designers.I guess some of them will be happy to give her cloths for free.
I respect a lot your opinion and i understand a lot what you mean...
But this is Cp Letizia's Choice, CP Letizia Style...
Yes of course she can , she maybe has the budget, the allowed money to wear High Couture Spanish designer or I am sure that a lot of beautiful and very expensive designer would be grateful to give her clothes free only for communication...
but this is not her style, she come from common society, she has the money notion And she is aware that the she use is from people taxes, people who suffe rmore and more financialy...So she try to be elegant with "normal" clothes, and in my opinion SHE IS
Before CP LEtizia I was not intersted by Royal People , but since I knew Letizia I am in admiration with this Exceptionnel Princess who si definitly not a Doll, or a model or a woman became crazy since she changed of way of life....She is very professionnal without Cinema....she is an example
Old 07-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Talking

Couresy of Wireimage.

Letizia attends the PhotoEspana 2009 exhibition opening at the Real Jardin Botanico in Madrid, Spain. (June, 2009).

http://i44.tinypic.com/339u3vn.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/2ajdojk.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/2m2cc5k.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/r8fm76.jpg

arrives at Las Ventas bullring in Madrid, Spain.(June, 2009).

http://i39.tinypic.com/16m12sl.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/k0qcrk.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/29o4mbt.jpg

attends '2nd Fashion and Special needs Conference' at Museo el Traje, on in Madrid, Spain. (June, 2009).

http://i40.tinypic.com/11rzyhw.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/ayul0.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/14ear10.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/124fomw.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2z7k9yv.jpg
Old 07-05-2009, 03:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

beautiful pics , she looks radiant and fresh .
thanks queenofthelight
His soul was too great to be contained by the camera's lens ,yet his images radiate his love for his family , his faith , his pride on his country and people the world over who shared his commitment to peace and his joy in life . Queen Noor
Old 07-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The first oufit is stunning, the second and third not so good. Wonderful accesories though.
Old 07-05-2009, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikram View Post
I respect a lot your opinion and i understand a lot what you mean...
But this is Cp Letizia's Choice, CP Letizia Style...
Yes of course she can , she maybe has the budget, the allowed money to wear High Couture Spanish designer or I am sure that a lot of beautiful and very expensive designer would be grateful to give her clothes free only for communication...
but this is not her style, she come from common society, she has the money notion And she is aware that the she use is from people taxes, people who suffe rmore and more financialy...So she try to be elegant with "normal" clothes, and in my opinion SHE IS
Before CP LEtizia I was not intersted by Royal People , but since I knew Letizia I am in admiration with this Exceptionnel Princess who si definitly not a Doll, or a model or a woman became crazy since she changed of way of life....She is very professionnal without Cinema....she is an example

I wasn't speaking of couture but of better designers.
Fashion doesn't mean Chanel,Dior on one side and Mango and Zara on the other side.Thanks God,between the two there are various designers.

Well it's nice that Letizia isn't behaving like a doll or a model.But to be honest,none of the other crown princesses is playing the role of Barbie.For me,they all look professional.

Now if we return to the fashion aspect,in some shops,we can easily find cloths of the same financial value as Zara and Mango but with much better quality and with less popular aspect.
At least,this is possible in France,in switzerland,in Belgium...
I wonder,if it's the same case in Spain.
For example,I prefer to buy few timeless leather shoes that I can wear for 2 or 3 years wich cost 50/60 euros instead of buying tons of fake leather and trendiest looking shoes that costs 30 euros that I will wear for only one year.
I prefer to buy shoes of discreet and basic colors(for example beige,brown,black) that I can easily match with my outfits that are of different colors.
No woman is obliged to have: purple shoes to match her purple outfit, pink shoes to match her pink outfit,red shoes to match her red outfit,green shoes that matchs her green outfit... etc
That's how women save money

I was expecting members who know spanish fashion to tell me if Letizia who is said to be savy has other designers at her disposable.Designers that could provide her with outfits of good quality but not very expensive.
I believe this is possible.

when I see Letizia in Mango and Zara I am disappointed since I know she can find better things with the same or a little higher budget .If I see one day CP Victoria in H&M cloths (I think it's a sweedish label),I will be disappointed.
When a princess wants to promote her country's fashion and that's seems to be Letizia intention she should choose good if not the best outfits not the average ones.
It's the same thing as promoting tourism in a country ,you will always show the best landscapes,monuments
I am going to spend my holidays in Spain this summer,I am in a hurry to dicover the country and it's people since it's said to be a nice country and I have seen wonderful pics but I have no intention for the moment to do some fashion shopping
Old 07-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone have an inkling as to what Letizia is allowed to spend on clothes per year? The other crown princesses seem to have bigger budgets than her (ie. Mary, Maxima, Mathilde). They all seem to have nicer clothes, shoes, bags etc. I think Letizia should maybe stop going to Mango but stick with Zara.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Does anyone have an inkling as to what Letizia is allowed to spend on clothes per year? The other crown princesses seem to have bigger budgets than her (ie. Mary, Maxima, Mathilde). They all seem to have nicer clothes, shoes, bags etc. I think Letizia should maybe stop going to Mango but stick with Zara.
I really have no idea of the budget that is allowed to her but I think that It's also lower than Queen Sofia's budget et also of her sisters in law

What is obvious,is that with the other crown princesses their mothers in law seem less interested by fashion and appearance.

May be I am mistaken but I have the feeling that other queens (and may be royal family) obviously let their daughters in law shine on purpose.The other queens seem to have understood that an elegant and fashionable young crown princess is better than an old fashionable and elegant queen
Really,who cares what an old queen is wearing.
This a clever advertisement
Old 07-06-2009, 03:21 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Letizia's problem is perhaps more one of strategy and planning than of enough to spend? Soraya has already stated the shoe issue and that is what I wonder about Letizia too: Why have so many (IMHO very unattractive) shoes which are neither classic nor wearable in public when they go out of immediate fashion. She must spend quite a lot on that. The other crown princesses you mention - and CP Mette-Marit of Norway - all wear more classic and 'durable' shoes. Must be more economical in the long run.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserDane View Post
Letizia's problem is perhaps more one of strategy and planning than of enough to spend? Soraya has already stated the shoe issue and that is what I wonder about Letizia too: Why have so many (IMHO very unattractive) shoes which are neither classic nor wearable in public when they go out of immediate fashion. She must spend quite a lot on that. The other crown princesses you mention - and CP Mette-Marit of Norway - all wear more classic and 'durable' shoes. Must be more economical in the long run.
Most of her recent new shoes were from Zara or Mango, I don't think she paid for any of the pieces from these two brands. Even she did, it was not that much either. For each pair of Louboutin, you can have about 10 pairs from Zara or Mango . On the other hand, I don't think it's money issue for her to wear Zara or Mango, she surely can afford the mid-level Spanish designer clothes or shoes (ex. Felipe Varela, Rebecca Sanver, Pura Lopez) she had before since Zarzuela still gets the same paycheck from the government . Zarzuela or Letizia probably wants to promote Zara and Mango, the two major Spanish brands during this economic downturn because of their big market shares.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaK View Post
For each pair of Louboutin, you can have about 10 pairs from Zara or Mango .
I know - I was thinking more about wearability and long-term usability.
Old 07-06-2009, 05:51 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Can we please move on from Letizia's budget, this is a Fashion thread and not a financial thread. Further posts will be deleted without notice.

Thank you

Dazzling
RHoF
Old 07-06-2009, 06:22 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by soraya View Post
When a princess wants to promote her country's fashion and that's seems to be Letizia intention she should choose good if not the best outfits not the average ones.
It's the same thing as promoting tourism in a country ,you will always show the best landscapes,monuments
MAybe she wants to promote her country's fashion...but she admits so many times that she is not fan of fashion...may she simply doesn't care about what she wears, she maybe want to wear "correct" the minimum of elegance ....if we analyse her style at each event that's what she is...always simply, simply clothes, simply makeup, , she stay simply to : the most of her evening gowns are recycled and recycled again....it's her style ...I am sure that she could if she wants spend more and more money for her Wardrobe, She could be a really "Spanish Fashion Icone" ..let professionnal people take this job : chosing fantastic outfit everydays...but it's clear that she clearly doesn't care about it...she is concerned by other things....every one, every Princesses to have his own style and priority
Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Letizia today, at a ceremony to grant with the Royal Dispatches to the Air General Academy
Belga-EFE
Belga-EFE
Skirt recycled from last summer. I´m quite fond of this, the blouse is nice and the accessories suit to this outfit.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I prefer a jacket, but her outfit was OK with an extremely hot day.

http://comunidad.laopiniondemurcia.e...6_152102OK.jpg
Old 07-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Did she have to wear long sleeves? Is it part of the Spanish protocol or something to wear long sleeves during this kind of parade?
Otherwise I don't get why she wears a blouse with long sleeves during such a "extremely hot day".
The skirt was lovely.

Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

Close-up of the blouse:
La Opinion de Murcia

Closed Thread