Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 28: July 2013 - November 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another blouse and pants look, imo. Nothing to write home about.

The top part of the blouse is nice, especially the color. The rest of the look is meh.

I think all of you are forgetting where she was, that was a sad and tragic moment, a train accident with 79 dead people, her clothes don't matter here. Tomorrow the Princes of Asturias and Infanta Elena are going to attend to the mass for the victims and maybe she will wear a black suit and you dislike it, who cares!.

These were not a normal events, so please do not critize her because it's not the proper moment to do it.

^^^Since I see that you're fairly new to the forums, please don't misunderstand the purpose of a fashion thread. Everyone knows exactly the occasion she's attending, it's her style that we're discussing. Fashion threads are where all royals are critiqued for the outfits they wear, so you shouldn't confuse what is criticism and discussion of Letizia's clothing with the event. No one is being irreverent or disrespectful of the train tragedy. There are also fashion threads with royals attending memorial events and other somber occasions where their clothing is critiqued as well, so this is certainly no exception.

Last edited:
Not fond of her top at all. The top is silk and the bottom half looks like elastic/stretch fabric. She does have the figure to wear it well but particular styles I don't like. The pants are a great fit for her.

July 29, 2013 - Letizia in a black suit and black shoes attending a memorial service.

Nice to see her in a skirt suit.

Picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you will about Letizia but when it really comes down to it, she never disappoints.

I agree, Baroness. She should do this more often.

Say what you will about Letizia but when it really comes down to it, she never disappoints.

Not for me, the military events are quite formal and she does disappoint there, not to mention the dreadful pant outfit on National Day 2010.

I am not sure its one piece, it looks like a blouse & a sash or something.

When I looked at the photo from a distance, I too thought (at first) that it looked like a blouse and a sash. But then I looked at it closely and thought that the shiny navy blue fabric looked like it could be one piece, judging by the line of fabric that the buttons are attached to. :)

July 29, 2013 - Letizia in a black suit and black shoes attending a memorial service.

Picture

I think Letizia looked very nice at the memorial service.

Last edited:
Letizia made Vanity Fair's International best dress list for 2013 along with Princess Madeleine of Sweden and the Duchess of Cambridge. Hmmm.. I don't agree but congratulations.

Letizia's fashion wardrobe this year has been outstanding if you compare with her last 2/3 years.

Picture

A very dignified look for such a solemn Mass ,one of Princess Letizia's better outfits of the past few weeks.

Yes, but not outstanding compared to how she dressed in the first 2-3 years.
Probably she wasn´t as well-known then as she is now. You know VF list is not very objective in that sense, the most popular figures of the year make the list. I don´t agree with most of the choices of the list, and I don´t think most of the people in the list are truly elegant, let alone fashion/style icons.

About Letizia´s first years as princess...IMO, she played too safe regarding fashion. She had the appropriate "princessy" style, but very few of her outfits back then would have made a list like this one.

Letizia's fashion wardrobe this year has been outstanding if you compare with her last 2/3 years.

Its been good,but she's also let herself down at quite a few events most notably at recent military parades where her attire was far too casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom