The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
I like the shoes.
I don't think they do anything for that outfit

Old 07-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

Another awful and inappropiate outfit. And I`m sorry to say it but those shoes look cheap. Instead of buying new shoes every week she should buy classic and good quality ones that can use for long time.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

The best that can be said is that she could look worse.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Courtier

Do not look at the outfit, look at Letizia´s face expression and at her husband´s one; and there I see contentment and even happiness. So, if the dress of his wife does not bother the CP, he must have a deeper reason to be pleased.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:57 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
Guilty as charged & there was no supposed about it

I honestly don't think that posters have anything against Letizia as a person its just her choice of clothing that rattles so many cages .
Some comments are no longer about fashion but about her mental state, the condition of her marriage, etc. Rather cruel and mean for a blog like this.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree chuchu. I think it's highly inappropriate to judge a person's character or mental state based on what they wear. It's rather shallow.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
Do not look at the outfit, look at Letizia´s face expression and at her husband´s one; and there I see contentment and even happiness. So, if the dress of his wife does not bother the CP, he must have a deeper reason to be pleased.
I agree. When looking at some pictures from Daylife, I saw that the ones concentrating on her face made me realize how happy, spirited or contented she is regardless of her attire. I took those pictures and think she's just so aesthetic and beautiful from her features. I appreciate all the many functions they pay tribute to. It's overwhelmingly impressive. Greatness to you your Majesties.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:41 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchat View Post
I agree chuchu. I think it's highly inappropriate to judge a person's character or mental state based on what they wear. It's rather shallow.
And I agree as well. I couldn't believe when I read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
Really?In that case she has a darn bad choice of clothing,remembering the military function she attended with Felipe last week,she looked like she had to go to a BBQ at a ranch somewhere out in the Wild West.No,these darn eternal trousers with hardly a leg in it let alone a behind,there isn't,her back goes straight into very skinny & scary legs...sorry...just accentuated her anorexia nervosa..About time she does something about it,or is forced to do something about it like it or not.No.This has nothing to do with her "reflections on her future role" no,not at all,this is a farce,the girl has a problem and it's mental.

I like her,but not how she thinks she can hide from it all,or the constant almost sickening clinging on to Felipe...and looking him in the eyes constantly,or the constant talking to him... Oh,really,too much!He might walk and find some more agreeable company sooner or later...And I won't blame him..It's really sad.
How shallow and cruel that is!
Old 07-13-2011, 03:08 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
I like her,but not how she thinks she can hide from it all,or the constant almost sickening clinging on to Felipe...and looking him in the eyes constantly,or the constant talking to him... Oh,really,too much!He might walk and find some more agreeable company sooner or later...And I won't blame him..It's really sad.
But she isn't the only one. I'm 100% sure Mathilde and MM had done more touching and looking than Letizia at the events with their hubby. The only difference is that they just didn't work as much as Letizia. Even at the wedding of William and Kate, every other royal stood there by themselves, Mathilde and her hubby had arms around each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
They often talk or whisper during events, especially Letizia looking at Felipe to get his attention or start a conversation, as if insisting on their own microcosmos, what I find rude towards their guests/hosts.

Shoes are recycled for last weeks' event
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/...fJ6lz/x610.jpg
I saw Felipe initiating the conversation just as often as Letizia or even more so. I don't think they were on their own microcosmos, when you were with your spouse at an event, sharing comments between the speeches with small talks or silent look was quite normal IMO. Of course media likes those pictures, likes to publish them as if they were talking all the time, but that's just not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
From today:
Hoymujer
Hoymujer
Belt
Hoymujer
Shoes:
Hoymujer
The top is nice, love the colour. Her hair looks very good.

And outside the fashion: I think it is great to see that Letizia and Felipe talk to each other so much. They have a very good connection, and it is great to see.
Thanks for the pictures. I have always liked those pants, much better cut than the grey one , the shoes are also nice too, not fond of the Mango blouse, too old fashion, not suited for a skinny woman.

HQ
http://www.paeria.es/arxius/noticies...t_cat_8695.jpg
Old 07-13-2011, 08:14 AM
Administrator

This is a fashion thread, further off topic posts will be deleted without notice!

Thanks for your understanding!
Old 07-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

When Letizia got engaged with Felipe, till her marriage, she was very traditionnally dressed, despite being only 32 years old, but I thought than she needed to start like this, and to find her style. But during the years, she found a very nice style, elegant, "working girl" but classy.

And sudden... she became older, (approaching her 40ies) and got crazy. She starts dressing like a pin-up, like a clown!!, like a rock star!!! like a teen on holidays!!!
I do not know what to believe! what to say! I think that she is a person with a well built mind, so WHY this crisis? She does not see herself, at least AFTER her appearances??
Look at the last outfit! She is representing the Palace in a "professionnal" day event. And she dresses in a way, that even not a receptionist in a "cool" middle company would dress!!

I do not want to give a "psychological" explanation to her appearances, but I really do not understand what happened to her! Wher is the Armani suit of the first appearance?
Old 07-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
When Letizia got engaged with Felipe, till her marriage, she was very traditionnally dressed, despite being only 32 years old, but I thought than she needed to start like this, and to find her style. But during the years, she found a very nice style, elegant, "working girl" but classy.

And sudden... she became older, (approaching her 40ies) and got crazy. She starts dressing like a pin-up, like a clown!!, like a rock star!!! like a teen on holidays!!!
I do not know what to believe! what to say! I think that she is a person with a well built mind, so WHY this crisis? She does not see herself, at least AFTER her appearances??
Look at the last outfit! She is representing the Palace in a "professionnal" day event. And she dresses in a way, that even not a receptionist in a "cool" middle company would dress!!

I do not want to give a "psychological" explanation to her appearances, but I really do not understand what happened to her! Wher is the Armani suit of the first appearance?
It might not be a good idea for the Princess to start wearing expensive brands given the economic climate in Spain.In saying that doesn't mean she should show up to audiences at the Palace wearing something she found at the end of the Princely bed.

Letizia needs to try & move away from this ultra casual yummy mummy look & start dressing with a little more professionalism.She represent the Spanish Crown at these events & should give her choice of outfit a little more care.

See I can be nice
Old 07-13-2011, 08:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

She definately needs some help. Those crazy pants she's been wearing lately are just aweful. Love the "yummy mummy" reference, but that's a pretty accurate description. More skirt & sweater sets would be much more preferable to me than some of the pant & top combos she's been sporting lately. Or better yet, someone buy her a closet full of sheath dresses with some nice jackets (just make sure the dress come down to the knee). Might be boring, but for most appearances/appointments, a sheath dress would be appropriate.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
It might not be a good idea for the Princess to start wearing expensive brands given the economic climate in Spain.In saying that doesn't mean she should show up to audiences at the Palace wearing something she found at the end of the Princely bed.
When I say Armani, I'm talking about the Armani style, which could be found easily at Zara or Massimi Duti, or Uterque, to name a few not very expensive brands.

Quote:
Letizia needs to try & move away from this ultra casual yummy mummy look & start dressing with a little more professionalism.She represent the Spanish Crown at these events & should give her choice of outfit a little more care.

See I can be nice
Fully right. She urgently needs to be relooked to a classy working lady, and not as a revolted ageing woman, trying to dress soon like her daughters.
Old 07-14-2011, 01:16 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

14/7/11 in Monserrat

Casual but nice, I only find the scarf abit irritating since it seems to be hot outside, people are wearing shorts & sandals. The pink purse must be a loan from Leonor

http://www.hola.com/imagenes/realeza...turias6--a.jpg
http://www.elpais.com/recorte/201107...n_Moreneta.jpg
Old 07-14-2011, 01:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Not as bad as the last 2 appearances but still too casual. And, I know it's nitpicky but I don't like when a princess sits (even in pants) with her legs like this...a bit too unladylike for my taste.

I don't get the scarf either. When I first looked at the pictures I thought it was a cool day in Spain.

http://i52.tinypic.com/10n8i2p.jpg
Old 07-14-2011, 02:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Much better look than her last two appearances, but too casual. Pink is pretty on Letizia. It lights up her face.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Not as bad as the last 2 appearances but still too casual. And, I know it's nitpicky but I don't like when a princess sits (even in pants) with her legs like this...a bit too unladylike for my taste.

I don't get the scarf either. When I first looked at the pictures I thought it was a cool day in Spain.

I agree with everything! I wanna see her in nice fitted dresses sooooo bad! I think pants for princesses should be forbidden in the protocol. Look at Kate, she even managed to plant a tree in a dress (and she even closed her legs!! )
Old 07-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do like this pink on Letizia, very pretty!
Old 07-14-2011, 11:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:

did she put her purse in between her legs??

Closed Thread