Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - April 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Galerías de imágenes

Today's event. The top combination looks very nice (stripes & red top) but the jacket is 2 sizes too big. Letizia looks extremely skinny. A skirt in a colour of the stripes would have looked better than the dark grey pants.

I don't like at all her jacket. It doesn't fit her well and I don't like the line. Those pants look nicer with a different jacket.
London Features International Ltd
The pants look nice!
Red shoes!

Galerías de imágenes

Today's event. The top combination looks very nice (stripes & red top) but the jacket is 2 sizes too big. Letizia looks extremely skinny. A skirt in a colour of the stripes would have looked better than the dark grey pants.

The jacket is really pretty, the lines are fun & different. The pants are nice but the combination of the jacket & pants together arent working too well.

I don't like the jacket! Anything new at all, that pattern has really been used for a long time, veru old! And that top under she must stop wearing those ugly tops, they are not in fashion at all!

Not my favorite (gray again), but the touch of red helps. Although, this outfit is much, much better than we had been seeing there for a while, she's slowly getting back to what I would term her "Letizia style".

And that top under she must stop wearing those ugly tops, they are not in fashion at all!
Right, biboquinhas!
I thought I was the only one who didn't like those ugly tops!:eek:

Right, biboquinhas!
I thought I was the only one who didn't like those ugly tops!:eek:

The style of the jackets is plain office wear for women in 50s. If you look at Paloma's clothes at the wedding or baptisms, you can tell Varela simply let mother and daughter wear the same style of clothes and the mother's name isn't called Silvia :cool:. Varela has always been a very medicore designer before or after Letizia became a royal. I don't understand Letizia's obsession with him. Why doesn't she promote a woman designer ex. Lydia Delgado ? I can't see anyone would turn out to be worse than Varela.

The style of the jackets is plain office wear for women in 50s. If you look at Paloma's clothes at the wedding or baptisms, you can tell Varela simply let mother and daughter wear the same style of clothes and the mother's name isn't called Silvia :cool:. Varela has always been a very medicore designer before or after Letizia became a royal. I don't understand Letizia's obsession with him. Why doesn't she promote a woman designer ex. Lydia Delgado ? I can't see anyone would turn out to be worse than Varela.
I do agree with you about Varela, Donnak!:flowers:
Anyways, I meant I don't like at all the tops Letizia wears under the jackets!
They look like cheap underwear, IMO.

LOL. I think Paloma is always nicely dressed for a woman in her 50ies; Varela suits her (or even Menchu) very well. But he's a desaster for Letizia who looks old (fashioned) and matronly in his ill-fitted dresses and suits. Why is it so difficult for a "designer" to provide clothes in the correct size? Letizia does not have a jojo body size and dressing her 2 sizes too big makes her even look more skinny as everything is loose & baggy. Varela's outfits make her actually look ill.

It's just a hunch but I'm guessing it's a budgetary issue. After all the Infantas and Queen wear expensive clothing whereas Letizia does not.

It's just a hunch but I'm guessing it's a budgetary issue. After all the Infantas and Queen wear expensive clothing whereas Letizia does not.

I believe that's true and find it outrageous. The future Queen of Spain has to look second class at many events compared to the other ladies, especially Queen Sofia & Elena. Felipe is either a tightwad or too scared to approach JC and ask for a budget rise.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Today's event. Light grey and a cheap shirt but still much much better than most outfits she has worn in recent months.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Today's event. Light grey and a cheap shirt but still much much better than most outfits she has worn in recent months.

Suit isnt bad at all, the jacket is just ill-fitting, looks too big from the waist. The underneth top is "okay". I think it shouldve been abit more fitting. But I do like how the top is abit longer than the jacket.
And I do agree its better than most outfits worn in recent months.

The outfit that she wear today is nice, it is classic and elegant and light gray suit Letizia much more than dark gray.She should wear skirt more often.
Letizia style has always been simple and sober and in my opinion one of the most sober Spanish designers is Felipe Varela.
I think that Letizia never gave importance to the fact to wear expensive or cheap clothing and it is says a lot in favour of her.As Spanish I am sure that Spaniards would criticize her if she wear too expensive clothes and if she were very wasteful,so for that reason I believe that Letizia keep a hold on herself.

Ye this grey suit really suits her very well, it is a very simple suit, but I really like to see her wearing!!!! It fits her very well this time!!!
But to me the clothes she was wear during the Easter Mass are really really bad, I don't know what she was thinking that day, really!

Love the cut of the suit, but the color, not so much. But yet again, better than what we were seeing. Glad to see no tights. The shoes are good.

the grey suit is wonderful: simple and stylish. it has nice complicated collar, but she needed to underline it with a piece of jewelry.

Last event Letizia has wore a simple black dress from Lydia Delagado, a lovely, elegant and very modern and trendy dress, she should for sure wear more Lydia Delgado clothes, hope she considers that and not only this time when she was in Barcelona and for the fact that Lydia Delgado is from Barcelona!

I like the way she looked today, simple but elegant. :flowers:

Letizia in San Millan

Felipe Verala's 2008 version Zipper jacket, the sleeves are too long as most of Verala's jackets.

http://images2.image-data.com/images/1/lowres/93582/93582169.jpg
http://images2.image-data.com/images/1/lowres/93582/93582168.jpg

She looks good today! The skirt is really pretty, no (black) tights therefore I really like her shoes this time! At a closer look I don't think the combination is perfect as the skirt and the jacket seem to consist of a different fabric (and maybe a slightly different white tone in colour) - and that huge Varela trademark zipper is so ugly!

This look was so much better then her last ones! Seems like one of her Stylists was discovering our fashion suggestions. :p
I really liked her look. Stylish, bright and elegant. I especially liked her jacket.
Thumbs up for the Infanta!

Duke of Marmelade said:
At a closer look I don't think the combination is perfect as the skirt and the jacket seem to consist of a different fabric
I noticed that, too. In close-ups the beige jacket and the white skirt are a little clashing.
But it's okay. She looked far better then she did since a while. I'll forgive her this small blemish. :)

Last edited:
Lovely outfit, the printed skirt is really pretty. I liked the jacket as well, I thought it was cute especially the small frill at th end of it. I agree with Duke of M on the zipper.

I liked the idea of Letizia's outfit today something light for the spring but the jacket and the skirt were different colours almost cream and white hence it didnt quite work but i always prefer her summer wardrobe so im looking forward to some new outfits in the next few months

I noticed that, too. In close-ups the beige jacket and the white skirt are a little clashing.
:)

I think that this is just an light effect because here: Multimedia: La Rioja the jacket is white and the skirt looks beige.
And here: Multimedia: La Rioja the jacket looks beige and the skirt white.

I do not think that Letizia has changed her style at all. She wears classic and simple clothes as always.

Love the outfit. Very much the Letizia of old, kind of outfit. And her hair hasn't looked this good in a long time. Love the color and style on her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom