Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 12: February 2010 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She dressed ever so much better at the beginning of her royal life. No reason she can't do so now.
I agree,she dressed better and more sophisticated at the beguinning of her royal life,even more classic,what a pity now, imo.:whistling:

I'm in complete agreement with you. The color Navy looks great on her, but that is really all I like about what she is wearing. She looks better than most days she does an audience here. But I wish she'd step it up a bit. And for those who say she needs to watch the budget....she uses expensive handbags. We've seen that. So to suggest she can't spiffy up her wardrobe rings false here. She dressed ever so much better at the beginning of her royal life. No reason she can't do so now.

Who doesn't have a few expensive handbags ? Most middle class women (ex. women at my work) do. I have a better collection of brand name handbags than Letizia and I don't wear Valentino, Prada or Alberta Ferretti reguarly (ex. MM).
Most of her hangbags were from the Spanish brands, not expensive ones. She has 3-4 from Loewe, a couple from Burberry and other brands, but they are not new, have been collected over the years. The only new one this year is a purple handbag from Hugo Boss Orange.
She also bought nice clothes too. The beige Burberry trench coat worn the other day is very nice, she also had a few nice dresses this year from Varela. I don't see anything wrong mixing her designer clothes with Zara or Mango. Sure, the mini skirts/dresses from Mango looked wrong to me and I don't want to see them again.

Well, I don't have any expensive handbags, and I'm middle class;)

We agree on one thing. I don't want to see the mini skirts from Mango ever again:) I also hope we don't see the clothing that is poorly made and ill-fitting. My point was that she doesn't have to break the bank in an effort to dress for her position. She's the future Queen of Spain, and it would be wonderful to see her dress like it. There is way she could do that without being extravagant. If she has a collection of well made and pricey purses that she has accumulated over the years, why not do the same with some well made, classic and elegant clothing pieces? :flowers:

If she has a collection of well made and pricey purses that she has accumulated over the years, why not do the same with some well made, classic and elegant clothing pieces? :flowers:

I think most of the classic clothes she bought after coming back from the 2nd maternity leave have been recycled to 'death'. I'm not sure what happened to the clothes she had the first couple of years and are no longer recycled, perhaps some were only loans or samples for her to try and decide on which designers to use for the future.

Well, I don't have any expensive handbags, and I'm middle class;)

We agree on one thing. I don't want to see the mini skirts from Mango ever again:) I also hope we don't see the clothing that is poorly made and ill-fitting. My point was that she doesn't have to break the bank in an effort to dress for her position. She's the future Queen of Spain, and it would be wonderful to see her dress like it. There is way she could do that without being extravagant. If she has a collection of well made and pricey purses that she has accumulated over the years, why not do the same with some well made, classic and elegant clothing pieces? :flowers:

You've got a good point here. And about her jewels: even if she 'hides' them now with the recession, it doesn't mean the jewels are not still there.;) Same with well-made, beautiful clothes (they don't have to be extremely expensive in order to look elegant, I agree).:flowers:

I'm really surprised to read all these. You seem like you haven't realized how much money the tax payers in Spain pay for the SRF. It's a common 'secret' already...at least Letizia could spend some of that huge amounts of money on decent clothes, if not on high fashion brands. I mean, it looks like you're fooling yourselves here. When she doesn't spend so much money on nice clothes, what does she do with it? Keep it in her bank accounts? lol

If you were a Royal it is clear you will be buying expensive clothes everyday...thanks God Letizia have more interesting things to do...LOL

I agree,she dressed better and more sophisticated at the beguinning of her royal life,even more classic,what a pity now, imo.:whistling:

She looked bored and unhappy at the beginning of her royal life...her clothes were overdressed and inappropiate for a 32yo woman...
Now she looks happier and more confortable with her image...
she was trying to be accepted as a royal...now she is a Royal, the most popular among Spaniards...without an innecessary sophisticated image...but with a casual image and warm attitude with people...

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that anyone is going to like today outfit
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
She should throw out that skirt and jacket!

About the discussion a spanish magazine calculated the price of letizia's clothes in a month and the result was 20.000€. Although she repeated some clothes, I think think that this sum is too much as the clothes she has are so low quality.

:previous: I really wonder why she never (or at least very rarely) combines her clothes differenrtly. (Example 1, Example 2)
She always wears the same skirt with the same shoes with the same top and the same cardigan. She has many nice pieces and could combine them so nicely.

Last edited:
:previous:
She should change stylist, and if she does not have one she should get one!
If she read this she can call me, I'm free :whistling:

here you can see better today's look
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Last edited by a moderator:

About the discussion a spanish magazine calculated the price of letizia's clothes in a month and the result was 20.000€. Although she repeated some clothes, I think think that this sum is too much as the clothes she has are so low quality.
I think this skirt so short is unappropiate imo:whistling:

The magazine made their own prices, it's not to be taken seriously. Besides many pieces of clothes, shoes or bags were recycled (not new), they started in the middle of the month (Jan) when Letizia wore her most expensive new jacket+long skirt this year receiving diplomats to the middle of the next month (Feb) to fit their story.
I don't like this Mango outfit today, she should really throw them away (I thought she already it, too bad).

:previous: I really wonder why she never (or at least very rarely) combines her clothes differenrtly. (Example 1, Example 2)
She always wears the same skirt with the same shoes with the same top and the same cardigan. She has many nice pieces and could combine them so nicely.

I hadn't noticed that, each of those seperate pieces would look nice with different things. :)

here you can see better today's look
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

Each piece is nice, but not right together. :ermm:

I know it is not really truthfull and -i said that she had repeated things but except some clothes from mango most of them are expensive. She usually wears clothes designed bt Jorge Varela and although he is not famous his prices are high. And another example is the camel coat by max mara, and the many pair of shoes that she buys and they are not from mango. :whistling:
I think she should spend money on whatr she wears as she has to give a good impression; but most of the time she looks totally unsophisticated. IMO she should ditch varela as he is really her worst enemy and get me as her new stylist :lol:

If you were a Royal it is clear you will be buying expensive clothes everyday...thanks God Letizia have more interesting things to do...LOL

Darlin', if I were a royal, the fashion police wouldn't stop arresting all these Letizias ... Crown Princess Noor's orders would be clear.:shock: :p

You're right, I don't like today's outfit. I might like it on a teenager, but not on Letizia. It's way too short and way too tight. And then there's the shoes. Whatever she is spending she needs to put something in the budget for a stylist.

I know it is not really truthfull and -i said that she had repeated things but except some clothes from mango most of them are expensive. She usually wears clothes designed bt Jorge Varela and although he is not famous his prices are high. And another example is the camel coat by max mara, and the many pair of shoes that she buys and they are not from mango. :whistling:
I think she should spend money on whatr she wears as she has to give a good impression; but most of the time she looks totally unsophisticated. IMO she should ditch varela as he is really her worst enemy and get me as her new stylist :lol:

I think Varela has improved since spring/summer 2008, his worst period was in 2005 and 2006, since then he has made some nice suits/dresses for Letizia. Most of the terrible clothes Letizia wore were from Mango (mini skirts/dresses, cheap sweaters, ill fitting pants), even Zara was a lot better.
I know Varela's clothes are not cheap, but it has a lot to do with him being Letizia's designer. I heard he has increased the price of his clothes a couple of times since he became Letizia's designer. He even got some international fame after the French state visit. The Max Mara coat was a few years old, so were a couple of bags from Loewe. The white trench coat the magazine said it as a Burberry coat was actually from Mango. Most of her shoes were from Magrit, the price listed in the Magazine is not right, should be about 1/3 lower.
I think she spent a lot less money on clothes/accessories than her mom-in-law or sisters-in-law per act basis. Perhaps the magazine thought since she was a commoner turning a royal by marriage, she should wear Zara/Mango everyday ?

Not a Burberry coat
http://i40.tinypic.com/14uhv11.jpg

Maybe we should sign a petition and send it to the palace!

Maybe we should sign a petition and send it to the palace!

When you say sophisticated you mean overdressed...we don´t need another new rich or another nordic princess...
she is just simple, natural and defines her own style without any stylist help. And she succed to be among the most admired royals around the world and appear in all the best dressed lists also...why to change then?

Sophistication has nothing to do with being overdressed,imo.I miss sophistication in Letizia too.

The skirt is way too short. As for the rest of the outfit, it doesn't exactly thrill me, but she has worn worse things.;)

Um :rolleyes:... Not just short. This particular dress could belong to one of her daughters IMO. Anyway, I liked the short cardigan. :flowers:

When you say sophisticated you mean overdressed...we don´t need another new rich or another nordic princess...
she is just simple, natural and defines her own style without any stylist help. And she succed to be among the most admired royals around the world and appear in all the best dressed lists also...why to change then?

Of course you have to take into consideration that spain is not a north european monarchy and that we expect something different from our royals. But this can't explain Letizia's poor fashion sense. I'm not arguing that she should limit her budget, we are passing a bad economic period but she could invest her money in classic well made clothes that can be reused without looking old fashioned.

She has some beautiful gowns but in the day to day outfits she usually looks bad. She has to represent Spain, if she wants to look trendy and wear miniskirts she can do it in her free time. I'm not saying she has to change her style, she only has to upgrade it. Even if she does not want it, her clothes are important and probably she will remembered for her fashion sense so it is an important topic.

And I did not mean sophistication in the sense of being overdressed, I was thinking more in the line of elegance.

Well we are going to agree to disagree over Letizia's style :flowers:

She looked bored and unhappy at the beginning of her royal life...her clothes were overdressed and inappropiate for a 32yo woman...
Now she looks happier and more confortable with her image...
she was trying to be accepted as a royal...now she is a Royal, the most popular among Spaniards...without an innecessary sophisticated image...but with a casual image and warm attitude with people...

Is she really the most popular royal among Spaniards? For some reason I assumed the Queen was.

It depends......I think the Queen is more popular,imo

Popular is not the right word for Sofia IMO, however she is very well respected. The King was the most popular IMO, now perhaps still him or Letizia among some sectors.

Haha I honestly thought her last updo was on her wedding day! As for her personal style maybe she just wears what she wants. I can see her rolling out of bed and walking to her closet and picking out whatever she feels like wearing that day. I do agree that she needs to wear clothes w better quality.

I agree with you,an unappropiate look imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom