The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 01:03 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Victoria with the president of Finland at the Dance Theatre of Stockholm on 16 January 2009:

http://i42.tinypic.com/2yv1o47.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/106fyx4.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2sb0lf4.jpg

Photos: ANP via Iceflower in the Swedish Royal Family thread

I like the colors of her suit, but I wish that she would have worn her hair down instead of pulled back.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria arrives in Catania airport, Sicily today.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Her hair is awful.

Victoria in Taormina
ANP Beeldbank

Old 01-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks very messy in the top two pictures. Her outfit in the third picture is very boring. She needs to do something different with her hair.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

She looks like a business woman in the last picture, and a boringly dressed one at that...
Old 01-30-2009, 05:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

A businesswoman's secretary, maybe - but even then, a secretary who needs to make more of an effort regarding her appearance.
Touroing the Greek theater she has no hairdo, no make up, no accessories, and that pant suit looks as if the fabric was cut from cardboard. This is no way for a Crown Princess to dress for an official visit to a foreign country.
It was even worse when she was arriving at the airport, with her messy hair held unsufficiently together with a 99 cent plastic butterfly clip.
Wanting to project a 'serious' image is one thing, looking just shabby is quite another.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:18 AM
Royal Highness

Yes,she has to do something more with almost...everything!For me,she looked older than her age and this is no good.And I also noticed some wrinkles on her neck.She disappointed me completely.These women can get all the help they need and Victoria here looks as if she totally "let herself go"...
Old 01-30-2009, 10:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmi View Post
She looks like a business woman in the last picture, and a boringly dressed one at that...
I totally agree with you.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

She looked better today, visiting Museo Regonale, in Messina
ANP Beelbank
and in Istituto Don Orione, a center for disabled people
ANP Beeldbank
Old 01-30-2009, 01:29 PM
Royal Highness

Yes, much better :)
Very nice coat.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:46 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like this outfit very much. The coat is very beautiful.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 01-30-2009, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

This is a nice improvement! I like the coat. The style is very flattering and feminine. It would be nice to see her in some brighter colors, though. I just don't understand why she continues to wear this ponytail. It looks like something a university student would wear.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
A businesswoman's secretary, maybe - but even then, a secretary who needs to make more of an effort regarding her appearance.
Touroing the Greek theater she has no hairdo, no make up, no accessories, and that pant suit looks as if the fabric was cut from cardboard. This is no way for a Crown Princess to dress for an official visit to a foreign country.
It was even worse when she was arriving at the airport, with her messy hair held unsufficiently together with a 99 cent plastic butterfly clip.
Wanting to project a 'serious' image is one thing, looking just shabby is quite another.
Boris,your comment seems harsh but I really can't disagree.I really love princess Victoria but I was very disapointed by her look of the first day.
Her outfit of the second day looks much better but again I hate this ponytail and again no make-up.
She really needs to change her hairdoo ,she is no longer a small schoolgirl
Old 01-30-2009, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today was a huge improvement! I love the two tones of grey, they look good on her. A little more lip colour with them wouldn't have hurt though...
Old 01-31-2009, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks better,today.The coat is very flattering & lovely. The color is very nice,too.
Old 01-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Nobility

I've always thought that Princess Victoria has a bad taste in matter of fashion . But, after being searching for a long time what's wrong with her, I think now that most of her fashion disasters come in fact from her hair .
Her last suit with coat could look nice . But she ruins all with this horrible ponytail ! Princess Mary or Queen Rania would have had of far more sophisticate hair-do with this kind of suit ... Why on earth do we always have to see this ponytail ????
Old 01-31-2009, 02:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Crown Princess Victoria visited the volcano Etna today
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria on her hotel balcony with the volcano Etna
ANP Beeldbank
Old 01-31-2009, 02:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
I've always thought that Princess Victoria has a bad taste in matter of fashion . But, after being searching for a long time what's wrong with her, I think now that most of her fashion disasters come in fact from her hair .
Her last suit with coat could look nice . But she ruins all with this horrible ponytail ! Princess Mary or Queen Rania would have had of far more sophisticate hair-do with this kind of suit ... Why on earth do we always have to see this ponytail ????
Maybe simply to give everyone a good cause to baa or beef or nag .... people find something anyway. It is like the one error made for the auditor or tax inspector ... they keep on searching until they find something, so let's give them something tiny, minor voluntarily rather than waiting until they find something big . It is a strategy to keep life easy
Old 01-31-2009, 03:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I find life even simpler:
The ponytail is simply bad.
Not flattering on her, not appropriate for many occasions, not nicely executed, not age-appropriate anymore, not prettily 'upgraded' by hair accessories, not ever varied = bad.
Old 02-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Royal Highness

No,Boris.I believe the ponytail was "executed" by her indeed
Old 02-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
No,Boris.I believe the ponytail was "executed" by her indeed
Indeed... there was even a video clip of her on board of a plane on the way to an engagement in the Swedish countryside last year, and it showed her 'executing' the ponytail herself - with a rubberband, but without a comb or a mirror anywhere in sight.
She really has gorgeous hair with a natural wave, as you can see whenever she wears it open - which is all too rare. Just fighting the wave and volume by pulling it back so tightly and severe is quite a waste... she also looks ten years younger with open hair.

Tags
crown princess victoria, daytime fashion, fashion, style