Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 9: November 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looked great. Usually the standard issue uniform only comes in to sizes: Too big and way too big :). I just speaks to her fashion sense, that a pair of cool sun glasses, will enhance any out fit

I cannot believe that there is even a discussion on makeup, when my friend who is in the services was asked about this her reply " we are in the services not dead of course we wear makeup"
By all accounts the troops were extremely happy that Mary visited which is the most important thing.
I couldn't agree more! It doesn't matter what she wore (makeup or clothing) the important thing is that she took the time to visit the troops and I'm sure they appreciated it!

Can we please move on from the discussion of Mary wearing make up or not to her recent visit to Afghanistan. Lets focus on her fashion wear.

Thank you :flowers:

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - DECEMBER 09: Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark attends the sustainable runway show organized by the Danish fashion Institute promoting responsible and ethical produced fashion.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/94...39D0CBFB0292AF60DF99B734A24DE898286F35252858A

Horrific outfit, what was she thinking? The colour is ok but the suit is so ugly with the shoulder polsters (yes they are in fashion but don't suit Mary at all, makes her look like a robot) - and then the stockings with animal print shoes :yuk: That's a miss, big time!

I like the colour of the suit, but that's about it. The cut of the suit doesn't work for her figure (makes her look like too rectangular), and the shirt underneath looks strange with the suit. The shoes don't appear to go at all with this outfit.

This one's a miss from me. There is too much going on in the outfit. She's got some sort of crocheted top, shiny suit with balloon sleeves, ill fitting skirt and to top it all off, animal print pumps.

The shoes by themselves with a simple suit would have been great as a signature piece.

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - DECEMBER 09: Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark attends the sustainable runway show organized by the Danish fashion Institute promoting responsible and ethical produced fashion.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/94...39D0CBFB0292AF60DF99B734A24DE898286F35252858A

Horrific outfit, what was she thinking? The colour is ok but the suit is so ugly with the shoulder polsters (yes they are in fashion but don't suit Mary at all, makes her look like a robot) - and then the stockings with animal print shoes :yuk: That's a miss, big time!

I don't like the outfit with the animal print shoes, but i like the animal print shoes. :)

I like the colour of the outfit, but the jacket IMO is very ugly and unflattering. The skirt is ok, though.
I like the shoes, but they don´t look good with the blue outfit and black tights.

Did she dress in the dark???. So unusual for Mary to miss it like that.

I definitely don't like the jacket and the blouse is a miss plus the shoes just don't match. I'm beginning to wonder if Royals ever look in their mirrors.;)

Everything about this was a miss for me, the jacket was ill fitting with those shoulder detailing puffs, the skirt a size too small, the lepord print shoes matched what exactly and the color of the suit wasnt her color.

The only notable piece of this ensemble is that delicious black lace blouse HRH wore to the Prince of Wales' 60th Birthday at Buckingham Palace. Simply exquisite!!!!

Though imo, it's much better suited to be worn with an evening dress such as the one she also wore to 'BP' that very evening.

That said, and even for the likes of this fashionista, tonight's presentation was a miss. Through and through.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/MaryofDenmark.jpg:wub:

ODD from head to toe. I can't get over this look.

In the close up the jacket looks way too big thanks to the ugly shoulder pads, and why combine it with this particular lace top, doesn't work at all. The hair is flat and dull.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09120972.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09120970.jpg
In the full view I only like the skirt, the colour is nice and in the future it could be combined with different pieces. Why Mary chose animal print shoes is beyond me, I would understand if it was the WWF summit :) but not at a fashion summit, it's so much out of place and makes the outfit one of her worst ever.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09120969.jpg

I never though we'd see our Mary in such a disastrous affair. So unusual for her, although in this outfit, I can understand where the pregnancy rumours are coming from.

Individually, I can see the pieces working. Im very very happy to learn that the gorgeous black lace top is a separate piece. Last we saw it, it was attached to some rather ugly white strip and black long skirt. So hopefully we will see it paired with a much more elegant bottom half one day. The skirt would look good too and even the shoes tooo. But I cant get myself to like that jacket at all. But even the best of us have bad days.

Mary could have left the shoes and blouse on(both beautiful) take the purple suit off and just thrown on a black skirt and it could have been one of her best of the year. I agree with Duke, hair looks greasy IMO , I think it's the color.

I find this outfit ugly and it doesn't suit Mary at all! I know that Mary legs and arms are not long, but with this outfit they look really disproportionate, IMO.
Daylife

Oh My! The only part of this outfit I like are the shoes (they're to die for). But she can burn the suit! The black lace blouse is ok and I would probably like it better with something else, say a black leather jacket and jeans.

Im very very happy to learn that the gorgeous black lace top is a separate piece. Last we saw it, it was attached to some rather ugly white strip and black long skirt.

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: . . . ugly? It's nothing short of superb!

Each to their own though . . hehe.

This jacket :ohmy:, I know it's trendy but CP doesn't suit well. The skirt is nice, I also like the color. The shoes are really nice, but looks weird with this suit.
Not the best outfit, but I still believe in CP's fashion taste.

There is waaaaaay to much going on here. The only thing I like with this outfit is the skirt. Im not fond on CPrincess Mary in these lace collars, puffy shoulder pads, and thick stockings which are mismatched. I do love the shoes, but they dont go with the outfit either, IMO

:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy: . . . ugly? It's nothing short of superb!

Each to their own though . . hehe.

haha, I thought she was perfection from the waist up, hair, make up and all for the POW 60th bday. But I thought her skirt was horrid! to each his own for sure. :ROFLMAO:

:previous:

Ugh, I didn't notice the lace and I didn't like it very much when she wore it for the POW birthday. Let me say, some parts of the outfit would have been nice, but together it doesn't look very pleasant. The shoes definitely don't fit to this outfit IMO, the skirt is ill fitting, I dislike the stockings and the jacket - well, I must confess I wouldn't have found it that bad (and I usually hate shoulder polsters), but it surely is too much together with the other parts of the outfit.

This outfit has no redeeming factors IMO... whether each piece is lovely individually is not the point here because this is so appalling there are no words. The blouse is wrong for a daytime suit the suit looks too big in places and too small in others. the shoes create a whole other statement in an outfit that screams trouble. The hair never did I think Mary would look so questionable and the question is why thes girls have so many people helping them they should nver put a public foot wrong.IMHO

Well, the only nice thing about the outfit is the colour and the skirt.
The jacket's cut doesn't work on Mary. It makes her look rather male.
The skirt is fine. The shoes just don't match the outfit at all (although they are quite cute. I would like to see them with a different (maybe more casual) outfit).
Her hairdo wasn't really nice.
The worst part of the outfit was probably the lace colar. It didn't work with the jacket at all, imo.

There are very few things of Mary's I don't like. This one would fall in that catagory. The color on her is great. Blouse is not what I would have chosen to go under it. Shoes take away from style of jacket. Jacket would have worked but it looks like it needs to be fitted more. Plus her hair looks very flat with this and doesn't balance out the sculputral aspects of her jacket.

This outfit is a miss! Very Un-Mary.

what's so terrible? it's just a simple purple suit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom