The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:03 AM
Nobility

I think she looked great. Usually the standard issue uniform only comes in to sizes: Too big and way too big :-). I just speaks to her fashion sense, that a pair of cool sun glasses, will enhance any out fit

Old 12-03-2009, 07:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by marfre View Post
I cannot believe that there is even a discussion on makeup, when my friend who is in the services was asked about this her reply " we are in the services not dead of course we wear makeup"
By all accounts the troops were extremely happy that Mary visited which is the most important thing.
I couldn't agree more! It doesn't matter what she wore (makeup or clothing) the important thing is that she took the time to visit the troops and I'm sure they appreciated it!

Old 12-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Can we please move on from the discussion of Mary wearing make up or not to her recent visit to Afghanistan. Lets focus on her fashion wear.

Thank you
Old 12-05-2009, 10:19 PM
Courtier

Mary dressed correctly on her visit to Afganistan. I think this is an arguement about nothing.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - DECEMBER 09: Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark attends the sustainable runway show organized by the Danish fashion Institute promoting responsible and ethical produced fashion.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/941...8286F35252858A

Horrific outfit, what was she thinking? The colour is ok but the suit is so ugly with the shoulder polsters (yes they are in fashion but don't suit Mary at all, makes her look like a robot) - and then the stockings with animal print shoes That's a miss, big time!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the colour of the suit, but that's about it. The cut of the suit doesn't work for her figure (makes her look like too rectangular), and the shirt underneath looks strange with the suit. The shoes don't appear to go at all with this outfit.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

This one's a miss from me. There is too much going on in the outfit. She's got some sort of crocheted top, shiny suit with balloon sleeves, ill fitting skirt and to top it all off, animal print pumps.

The shoes by themselves with a simple suit would have been great as a signature piece.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
COPENHAGEN, DENMARK - DECEMBER 09: Crown Princess Mary Of Denmark attends the sustainable runway show organized by the Danish fashion Institute promoting responsible and ethical produced fashion.
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/941...8286F35252858A

Horrific outfit, what was she thinking? The colour is ok but the suit is so ugly with the shoulder polsters (yes they are in fashion but don't suit Mary at all, makes her look like a robot) - and then the stockings with animal print shoes That's a miss, big time!
I don't like the outfit with the animal print shoes, but i like the animal print shoes.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

I like the colour of the outfit, but the jacket IMO is very ugly and unflattering. The skirt is ok, though.
I like the shoes, but they don´t look good with the blue outfit and black tights.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 12-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Courtier

Did she dress in the dark???. So unusual for Mary to miss it like that.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:54 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I definitely don't like the jacket and the blouse is a miss plus the shoes just don't match. I'm beginning to wonder if Royals ever look in their mirrors.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Everything about this was a miss for me, the jacket was ill fitting with those shoulder detailing puffs, the skirt a size too small, the lepord print shoes matched what exactly and the color of the suit wasnt her color.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:53 AM
Heir Apparent

The only notable piece of this ensemble is that delicious black lace blouse HRH wore to the Prince of Wales' 60th Birthday at Buckingham Palace. Simply exquisite!!!!

Though imo, it's much better suited to be worn with an evening dress such as the one she also wore to 'BP' that very evening.

That said, and even for the likes of this fashionista, tonight's presentation was a miss. Through and through.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...yofDenmark.jpg

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 12-10-2009, 04:28 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Everything about this was a miss for me, the jacket was ill fitting with those shoulder detailing puffs, the skirt a size too small, the lepord print shoes matched what exactly and the color of the suit wasnt her color.
Was it her intention to use some sort of eco-friendly design in shoes by making them really stand out??? Very weird combination.

http://gpdhome.typepad.com/royalblog...rds-creativity
Old 12-10-2009, 05:47 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

ODD from head to toe. I can't get over this look.

In the close up the jacket looks way too big thanks to the ugly shoulder pads, and why combine it with this particular lace top, doesn't work at all. The hair is flat and dull.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09120972.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09120970.jpg
In the full view I only like the skirt, the colour is nice and in the future it could be combined with different pieces. Why Mary chose animal print shoes is beyond me, I would understand if it was the WWF summit :-) but not at a fashion summit, it's so much out of place and makes the outfit one of her worst ever.
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Dec2009/PPE09120969.jpg
Old 12-10-2009, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

I never though we'd see our Mary in such a disastrous affair. So unusual for her, although in this outfit, I can understand where the pregnancy rumours are coming from.

Individually, I can see the pieces working. Im very very happy to learn that the gorgeous black lace top is a separate piece. Last we saw it, it was attached to some rather ugly white strip and black long skirt. So hopefully we will see it paired with a much more elegant bottom half one day. The skirt would look good too and even the shoes tooo. But I cant get myself to like that jacket at all. But even the best of us have bad days.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

Mary could have left the shoes and blouse on(both beautiful) take the purple suit off and just thrown on a black skirt and it could have been one of her best of the year. I agree with Duke, hair looks greasy IMO , I think it's the color.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

I find this outfit ugly and it doesn't suit Mary at all! I know that Mary legs and arms are not long, but with this outfit they look really disproportionate, IMO.
Daylife
Old 12-10-2009, 09:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh My! The only part of this outfit I like are the shoes (they're to die for). But she can burn the suit! The black lace blouse is ok and I would probably like it better with something else, say a black leather jacket and jeans.
Old 12-10-2009, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Im very very happy to learn that the gorgeous black lace top is a separate piece. Last we saw it, it was attached to some rather ugly white strip and black long skirt.
. . . ugly? It's nothing short of superb!

Each to their own though . . hehe.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Closed Thread