Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 4: September 2008 - January 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this top is too casual, maybe it was a gift? There are some beautiful tunics out in fashion, this isn't one IMO.

maybe she is expacting something? sorry-don't wanna start rumours, but Mary looks so different this days!

I like the top, nice colour. But I dont like the white trousers.

maybe she is expacting something? sorry-don't wanna start rumours, but Mary looks so different this days!

Until there is a official announcement, we can't be speculating like this.

The tunic is rather floaty on her.

I really like this tunic and trousers combo. They are baggy, but they seem perfect for a visit to a warm, tropical place. I think that she looks very chic, and purple is one of her best colors.

One of my favorite skirt. Nice outfit. Mary looks great.

Now this is more like it! The Princess Mary we all love and admire. Lovely...

She's worn them before, Hedvig, and got the same comments! What women will endure for the sake of beauty....They Do look like they would be uncomfortable to say the least.

the bag is by Anya Hindmarch. she has carried it before.

Mary on official visit to Thailand.

First outfit at outing at Danish embassy in Bangkok, Nov 24th

B.T. i Thailand: Frederik og Mary genforenet i Bangkok

a disussion-fuelling top as it screams "is she?! .. or isn't she?!". plus, mary's face looks quite puffy but i blame that one the climate. anyone who's been there knows that the humidity can have quite an impact on people's looks.

the top is quite casual but appropriate, nice colour, mauve, with an asia-inspired design. looking forward to the more classy outfits to come.
Beautiful top!!!

Mary looks simply perfect....Just as we expect her to look and Does , for the most part!! She truly is lovely....

She's worn them before, Hedvig, and got the same comments! What women will endure for the sake of beauty....They Do look like they would be uncomfortable to say the least.

It might help if she wore tights with them then her feet probably wouldnt rub as much thus causing those painful looking blisters - they are one of her favourite pairs of shoes personally im not a huge fan of them

You took the words right out of my mouth, PoE!! I have a bunion on one foot thus giving me problems unless I wear tights so I understand you perfectly! :)

Good advice, PrincessofE! I was always under the impression that, for the most part, royal ladies had their shoes custom-made thus avoiding problems such as this. Guess this proves me wrong! These Do seem to be a favorite pair of Mary's as she wears them often.

Last edited by a moderator:
It might help if she wore tights with them then her feet probably wouldnt rub as much thus causing those painful looking blisters - they are one of her favourite pairs of shoes personally im not a huge fan of them

True, but I would definitely want to avoid tights while visiting a tropical place;). Since she has worn these shoes before, perhaps they really aren't as painful as they look. I have some lovely shoes with very high heels and/or pointy toes, and people always ask, "don't those hurt?". Some of them do, but most of them don't. Maybe she has broken them in enough to be able to comfortably wear them. They looked perfect with her outfit.

Even if she used this shoes before, I don't thik she wak t much in them, she goe in cars, just prtobably a little walk, still if they are not confortable, does not matter if you walk just a little, but that blister, ...my goodness, i admire her forstanding in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:previous:
The skirt (gorgeous!!) is by Hugo Boss

Mary in Thailand, Day 3

Mary looks great in a summery dress, perfect for the occasion. Again the same shoes, I agree with other posters, they are not my favourites and on top of that it must me painful to walk in them in such conditions (hot, humid climate). No surprise blisters start showing on her feet. Mary could still look elegant in more convenient open sandals. I guess the capacity for suffering in terms of footwear is very high among CPs these days. Others would probably walk through Bangkok in double platforms, no problem ;)

http://i35.tinypic.com/34sm6nc.jpg

Mary is actually wearing a different pair of heels, as evident in this picture. I'm not too fond of her dress, sure it's probably great for the climate, but not my cup of tea - too mumsy IMO.

Mary is actually wearing a different pair of heels, as evident in this picture. I'm not too fond of her dress, sure it's probably great for the climate, but not my cup of tea - too mumsy IMO.

meant the same type of shoes, pointy pencil high heels. wearing such shoes at an outdoor event in thailand is a brave thing to do. on the other hand, unlike in denmark, in thailand there is an opportunity for a foot massage around every corner.

meant the same type of shoes, pointy pencil high heels. wearing such shoes at an outdoor event in thailand is a brave thing to do. on the other hand, unlike in denmark, in thailand there is an opportunity for a foot massage around every corner.

Ah, I see your point DoM. I agree, some nice open sandals would have worked just as well, especially today when she was out in the open. Yesterday wouldn't have been as bad, seen as she was indoors most of the time. And who knows, maybe Mary did get a foot massage on her way back to the hotel ;)

I have to say Mary seems very good and careful with her things. Those shoes are about 4 years old and I know that because I had a pair and wore them out a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom