Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 2: June 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
Welcome to part 2 of Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion. The old thread can be found here.

Here are some important
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.

If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, azile, kwanfan, Glitteringtiaras

I don't like this guy face! :lol: But I suppose he is a good designer. In general, I like how Princess Mary is dressed...But, oh my dear...Pray for she wouldn't wear pink! Pink is everywhere these days, and I'm a little sick of pink. Little girls seems to be dressed in strawberry ice cream! Look how much beatiful looks Infanta Leonor with her blue clothes inestead of pink ones who makes her looks pale.

Of course,Princess Mary is a brunette, and blue wouldn't be her colour. For me, her colour is red. But since the Christening will be in summer she must wear a not so dark colour...White will be very nice for her black hair, or something cream-coloured. If the Christening would be in winter she could always wear certain kinds of green or Bordeaux, since red is not appropiate to such a ceremony.

Vanesa.

I viewed his collection earlier today and I must say his designs are disastrous.

Like Malene Birger, his items are extremely unoriginal and resemble a cross between YSL's Spring 2006 collection, Valentino, early Stella McCartney, and Chloe when Phoebe Philo was the head designer. I also see he ripped off cuts, styling, and fabric choices from Rochas old designer Olivier Theyskens, and hint everything Nicolas Ghesquière for Balenciaga.

I hope this designer makes something far more original for Mary on July 1. This is his big chance to show the world that he can actually come up with something that is inspiring, original, and inventive.

If he doesn't, oh dear.:nonono:

I viewed his collection earlier today and I must say his designs are disastrous.

Like Malene Birger, his items are extremely unoriginal and resemble a cross between YSL's Spring 2006 collection, Valentino, early Stella McCartney, and Chloe when Phoebe Philo was the head designer. I also see he ripped off cuts, styling, and fabric choices from Rochas old designer Olivier Theyskens, and hint everything Nicolas Ghesquière for Balenciaga.

I hope this designer makes something far more original for Mary on July 1. This is his big chance to show the world that he can actually come up with something that is inspiring, original, and inventive.

If he doesn't, oh dear.:nonono:
I do not think that Mary would have chosen him if he was completely hopeless. I'm sure she will look wonderful.

About Malene Birger, I can't say I agree with you. To me, those clothes are very original, all they need is sort of like a trademark, so you can recognize that it's MALENE BIRGER, just like you can always see, just like that, if she's wearing PRADA or HUGO BOSS.
I follow you in that white coat on Fred's birthday, that you say has resemblance with Valentino, but please, there are so many fashionshows, fashionbrands, ready-to-wear or couture collections each spring and fall, there's gonna be some stuff that resembles each other.

As someone who has experience in the fashion industry and reviewed various collections up close I do believe my criticisms of this young man's collections (presented on his website) are quite valid.

As for Malene Birger, there are many who agree with me not just on this board, but on various others as well as fashion journalists.

Please don't take my response to you as being rude, MissSaga, because that isn't the case. Furthermore, please do not take my reviews of his designs as attacking Mary. Clearly I am not. I admire her and her style, but if I see a designer that I find absolutely ridiculous, rather a complete disaster, I'll say it.

We all have our right to our opinion. I'm simply voicing mine, MissSaga, and again, I find his designs completely unoriginal, uninspiring, and tired.

I follow you in that white coat on Fred's birthday, that you say has resemblance with Valentino, but please, there are so many fashionshows, fashionbrands, ready-to-wear or couture collections each spring and fall, there's gonna be some stuff that resembles each other.

Of course, but since there are usually ten to fifteen shows per day during NYFW, PFW, MFW, LFW, and so forth each and every designer make darn sure they don't resemble each other. They want to stand out. Sure many will use the same color palate for a particular season, but that's because they all use the Trend Report for what is going to be the latest "hot" color, look, style, and so forth.

After attending many shows over the years it was very very rare to see two designers design a similar coat or any other piece. If I did, which was rare, they tended to be young, inexperienced, and lacked talent. Furthermore, if there were any similarity with a specific design, the designer usually did it a season behind.

:flowers:

BACK ON TOPIC!

I'm going to say that Mary will definitely wear a very light color, perhaps a silk below the knee emsemble. July in Denmark is usually very pleasent so I doubt she will wear a long coat. Perhaps she will wear her hair similar to the way she wore her hair this past weekend at the Fleming christening.

Well I like Juozas clothes and I think that they resemble Mary outfits and that they will suit her just right (apart from one or two outfits - the last one) just how Malene Birger clothes suits Mary just right! I love Malene Birger Pret a Porter clothes, very original! I think the way Juozas presents his site is strange and a bit dark but if you put all those outfits in other scenary. more brigther you could see a different design mucht more resemble to the ones Mary wore!!

I don't care for the Lithuanian designer's clothes. They look unoriginal and a bit cheap imo. Even so, I think for big occasions like this that she should wear and promote Danish fashion that foreign designers.
That said, I think she should have something made from Kenth Fredin. His clothes have a classy look to them without being matronly. I would like to see her in either yellow or soft coral silk suit with floral accents. Her hair should be in a neat chignon with a large and stylish hat from either Susanne Juul or Philip Treacy.:flowers:

Even so, I think for big occasions like this that she should wear and promote Danish fashion that foreign designers.
That said, I think she should have something made from Kenth Fredin. His clothes have a classy look to them without being matronly.
I agree, such events i'd rather a designer from that country to design the outfit.

Her hair should be in a neat chignon with a large and stylish hat from either Susanne Juul or Philip Treacy.:flowers:

lovely!! i think she should go for a hat this time round since she went for a hairpiece for Christian's christining.

I like his designs. Without seeing the clothes up close you really don't know the quality of cut. I think he has classic leanings with a modern twist. Several of these designs will look great on Mary.

i think that her clothes are always modern and good ones to mary.

lovely!! i think she should go for a hat this time round since she went for a hairpiece for Christian's christining.

I think so too.;) I am tired of seeing fascinators on royal women. I realize that they are practical in the sense, that they don't hide the princess' face and they don't block other's view. Oh, well..perhaps it's all the lovely and stylish hats that I saw at Ascot that makes me feel this way.:flowers:

^ ooh...have to say it but bad choice of outfit for CP Mary. The top is too short, the stripes don't flatter, the skirt doesn't match the top. She could have done much better!

Sorry...shallow moment here! :D

I must agree. Not one of the best that Mary has accustomed us to.

No, I would have to agree. It looks like she just pulled something anything out of the closet. Just like any new mom who also has a toddler.

Over the weekend (?), Frederik and Mary attended the joint 40th birthday party of Peter Heering and Ulrik Trolle. The party had a "blue" theme - hence the blue carpet, blue clothes

Mary & Fred :flowers:

(Billed Bladet)

Thanks for sharing, actually the skirt is a beautiful piece, but i dont think the top/jacket & i agree with empress,the whole think looks like its been pulled out of the closet with a blind fold on but besides that i think the fresh, relaxed look is most important..

Last edited:
I love the skirt and the shoes, the top is not her best though, and it's not her best outfit, but she looks good enough.

Fred looks really good !

Mary's skirt is really nice! But the top is a bit strange...don't like it too much. Now Fred is another matter...he just looks....delicious! :wub: ;)

Love the shoes, skirt & hair, hate the top! Not too sure that top actually matches the skirt. I could have loved to see a fitted white button down shirt with this skirt.

The outfit is nice, if worn separately. Gotta love the shoes.

^ ooh...have to say it but bad choice of outfit for CP Mary. The top is too short, the stripes don't flatter, the skirt doesn't match the top. She could have done much better!

Sorry...shallow moment here! :D

I like the pieces individually but not together. She does look good though, in a non-fashion related way.

PS. It's nice to "see" you around Tiff:flowers:

Can't say I like either the top or the skirt. That strip thing looks strange, as if she was in a hurry during her shopping and pick the wrong size. Layered skirts don't work on most people, unless they are pencil thin. If the layers were further down near the hem, instead of the whole skirt, it might be more flattering.

christening of Princess Isabella July 1, 2007 (ANP)
Close-up
Full length view

Personally, i did not like the dress, thought the sleeves were abit too long for the dress length, the sheer look alike sleeves & the cut wasnt flattering, the color was nice, but im still trying to decide whether it suited her

must say I didnt like her outfit , thought her hair looked very messy , and the dress wasnt much , but they looked very happy , so I suppose that all what counts.

I loved her attire. It was appropriate for a Summer christening of a little princess called Isabella :flowers:

The christining dress, is it me or did it seem to be a look a like to the Prada dress Mary wore about a year ago?the detailing down the front
Prada dress (posted by Larzen)
Christing dress

the best dress person I think was caroline her "lady in waiting "
Mary's dress really disappointed me , and the head piece was nice but didnt suit the out fitm, Mary realy suprised me with her choice of outfit .

The christining dress, is it me or did it seem to be a look a like to the Prada dress Mary wore about a year ago?the detailing down the front
Prada dress (posted by Larzen)
Christing dress

I also reacted the same way. I thought perhaps the Prada dress was used as a pattern for the christening. The tailoring on the front and back are the same, only difference is the christening dress has a lower neckline in the front. The seams even on the back of her christening dress is exactly the same as the back of the Prada dress, including the tie by the nape to keep the neckline closed. Also, the fabric used is identical - crinkled silk chiffon.

-Ayvee

I have to say after much "thought" I am disappointed in Mary's look for the christering it was just "bla" nothing to it. Boring colour really hat would have been better jewelry a bit nothing too and her hair does not suit the headpiece now it's shorter. I have to say I am disappointed in the name they chose a bit kind of "middle class" and just getting in all the g'mothers and gg'mothers. All in all really boring at least Christian was dressed in something else a little smarter for the occasion. IMO

am i wrong to say that mary wore the same head dress she wore for christian's christening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom